Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which one is the best?

This glass opening award and u ñ I liked and what do you think is better?

Which one is the best? 35 votes

Ratchet 5*
11%
HrockserdoodDaveJLNidRob 4 votes
Optimus 5*
88%
Silent_AssassinJoker69GochaBROFlrsbwM00NHbomb76SparkShredderJmdTracked_SignalBumblebee254Black_ThoughtVavatronAvacalhator_1PhatBoy123Jazz444UrAverageMalakaCeltScarredArachnid333OptimalOptimus_MV1Sycko5 31 votes

Comments

• Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Optimus 5*
    No contest
  • Optimus 5*
    Is ratchet even good?
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Is ratchet even good?

His healing ability is better than any other bot in my opinion ( among techs )
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Rachet used to be God level until he was nerfed into oblivion. But he is important for synergies with OG prime and IH. I still use Ratchet 4s in AM and he saves me a lot of heals, but one wrong move and you are dead
  • Optimus 5*
    Slayer wrote: »
    Is ratchet even good?

Jetfire also has quite challenging heals. And Wheeljack still among list of healers.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Optimus 5*
    Ratchet gives good synergies, that's about it but I do like a bot with high survivability
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Ratchet 5*
    Ratchet is easily better than Optimus.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited January 2019
    Optimus 5*
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Ratchet is easily better than Optimus.

How the hell is he? Ratchet is very good but I don't see how he could be better than optimus
  • Optimus 5*
    Ratchet is good only duplicated and also depends on the level of duplication.
    Ratchet 5*
    Ratchets dupe is a contingency.

Ratchet can DOT unduped with shock, he can stun, heal, power gain, crit boost. He's an absolute tank in the right hands.

Optimus can armour break, armour up and get a few melee buffs. Wow.
  • Optimus 5*

Ratchet can DOT unduped with shock, he can stun, heal, power gain, crit boost. He's an absolute tank in the right hands.

In the exact hands.
    Ratchet 5*

In the exact hands.

Oh come on, anyone can launch a heavy attack under 50% hp and anyone can save up for an sp2.
  • Optimus 5*

In the exact hands.

Oh come on, anyone can launch a heavy attack under 50% hp and anyone can save up for an sp2.

Optimus is just better. Good for every situation. Really well rounded bot
    Ratchet 5*

In the exact hands.

nice analysis there. Really enjoyed how much detail you went in to. Helped justify your reasoning. Super logic.

Did you cry when Optimus died?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Optimus 5*

In the exact hands.

He’s actually very cubed you should know better
  • Optimus 5*

In the exact hands.

nice analysis there. Really enjoyed how much detail you went in to. Helped justify your reasoning. Super logic.

Which death out of the 26 of them?

Ratchet 5*

In the exact hands.

Which death out of the 26 of them?

probably all of them, twice.
  • Optimus 5*

Just because a Bot has more abilites than the other, doesn't mean they're better. That's like saying Hound is better than Windblade because he has a Burn, Anti-evade, Crit Resistance, Crit Rate, Bleed, and Ranged Buffs, while Windblade only has Bleed and Stormfall blast. But we all know that Windblade is superior to Hound.

Also there's the fact that Optimus' Abilites perfectly coincide together. He raises his Offense while lowering the Opponent''s Defense. It makes for a Bot that can absolutely demolish the strongest Opponents since those abilites synch so well together.

It still doesn't mean Ratchet is bad, he's still a pretty good Tech Bot. Even if I rank him a little low on the Tech list, he's the best healer in the game, his shocks and how he can stun from them are good, and he can gain power. I just happen to prefer Optimus due to how simple and straightforward he is.
    edited January 2019
    Ratchet 5*
    In a single fight Optimus is obviously better because he can usually end it quicker (although he would be useless against nanojack without his dupe) but in game modes that require longevity, which is the majority of game modes, I think Ratchet is superior. Ratchet has useful abilities - Sideswipe has a lot of abilities but they lack utility. Same with Grindor.

I also happen to think Hound is superior to Windblade, hence why my Hound is r5/50, sig 80 and gets used and Windblade is r3/1 and is arena fodder... I think the majority of players on here only value damage and have a very rigid play style, thus damage dealers are seen as "better". If you adjust your play style for Hound and get the right synergies, he can scale up to do some massive damage. Mine isn't forged that high but with his sig and Mirage synergy, I can ramp up to 1-1.5k critical ranged shots pretty quickly. When you're landing 3 ranged shots and doing a total of 4.5k damage, it's pretty sweet.

I value utility a lot higher than straight up damage because at the higher levels I find controlling fights is more useful than ending them a few seconds quicker, as it gets to the point when they become long fights or not quite as long fights.

Just my opinion though - I don't like Ratchet or Optimus as it happens. Think they're both inferior in their respective classes.
  • Optimus 5*
    @DaveJL i find optimus is better at long fights. Thats why everyone uses him for rok and rotk. With his synergy he can heal (might not be the best healer but can still heal) he can crit more then a warrior and those bleeds cause a lot of damage. I don’t really block but for people who block he has that armour buff, and all his specials do heaps of damaging and for some reason, super satisfying to see it crit. I also find that he has the best side and back step. I know it sounds weird but it feels like he does it quick. Also he is good for people of all skill. Simple yet good. This is why he is my favourite bot in ther game (that and also because he is my favourite character. Probably being a fanboy lol)
  • EliteDragonEliteDragon Posts: 146
    edited January 2019
    Optimus 5*
    In a single fight Optimus is obviously better because he can usually end it quicker (although he would be useless against nanojack without his dupe) but in game modes that require longevity, which is the majority of game modes, I think Ratchet is superior. Ratchet has useful abilities - Sideswipe has a lot of abilities but they lack utility. Same with Grindor.

I also happen to think Hound is superior to Windblade, hence why my Hound is r5/50, sig 80 and gets used and Windblade is r3/1 and is arena fodder... I think the majority of players on here only value damage and have a very rigid play style, thus damage dealers are seen as "better". If you adjust your play style for Hound and get the right synergies, he can scale up to do some massive damage. Mine isn't forged that high but with his sig and Mirage synergy, I can ramp up to 1-1.5k critical ranged shots pretty quickly. When you're landing 3 ranged shots and doing a total of 4.5k damage, it's pretty sweet.

I value utility a lot higher than straight up damage because at the higher levels I find controlling fights is more useful than ending them a few seconds quicker, as it gets to the point when they become long fights or not quite as long fights.

Just my opinion though - I don't like Ratchet or Optimus as it happens. Think they're both inferior in their respective classes.

Really pro hound you have to learn how to play, in my case Windblade is superior for its gameplay. Their abilities are equal to equal. Of course there is a bit of superiority in hound skills.
  • EliteDragonEliteDragon Posts: 146
    edited January 2019
    Optimus 5*
    What I admire in Optimus, is its defense is its gameplay. Ratchet is good, but needs to be duplicated. The two have good synergies and skills, but the Ratchet serves ,much more duplicate.
  • Optimus 5*
    What I admire in Optimus, is its defense is its gameplay. Ratchet is good, but needs to be duplicated. The two have good synergies and skills, but the Ratchet serves ,much more duplicate.
    I fund optimus to be better then ratchet (infact the best bot in the game with tronus) but ratchet needs his dupe much as shockwave needs his dupe. He doesn’t need to be duped at all. He doesn’t lose his stun ability, his shocks, his heals, his powergain, his crit rate. You rarely notice his sig (except if it is high level)
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Ratchet 5*
    Ratchet can stand alone, no need to be paired.
    Og is my favorite bot though but without pairing him with Rat, he doesn’t have longevity.
    Ratchet 5*
    @DaveJL i find optimus is better at long fights. Thats why everyone uses him for rok and rotk. With his synergy he can heal (might not be the best healer but can still heal) he can crit more then a warrior and those bleeds cause a lot of damage. I don’t really block but for people who block he has that armour buff, and all his specials do heaps of damaging and for some reason, super satisfying to see it crit. I also find that he has the best side and back step. I know it sounds weird but it feels like he does it quick. Also he is good for people of all skill. Simple yet good. This is why he is my favourite bot in ther game (that and also because he is my favourite character. Probably being a fanboy lol)

People only use Optimus if they have Ratchet for the heal synergy, in which case yes, Optimus is better than ratchet because he has the thing that makes Ratchet good.

I'm talking as individual bots, like if I had to have one or the other then I would choose Ratchet over OGOP for the heal. If I could have both then I'd have both and use OGOP.
  • Optimus 5*

People only use Optimus if they have Ratchet for the heal synergy, in which case yes, Optimus is better than ratchet because he has the thing that makes Ratchet good.

I'm talking as individual bots, like if I had to have one or the other then I would choose Ratchet over OGOP for the heal. If I could have both then I'd have both and use OGOP.

Ok i get ya now
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited January 2019
    Optimus 5*

In the exact hands.

What's your logic of choosing the inferior ratchet? Optimus is OBVIOUSLY better
  • Optimus 5*
    Slayer wrote: »
    Is ratchet even good?

His healing abilities are amazing. They are some of the best throughout the entire game. Special two heals MORE based on lost health and heavy-attacking below 50% grants a repair or self-diagnostic buff depending on rarity. He's not all defensive though as critical ranged attacks inflict shock and increase stun chance on special one.

However, Ratchet can be easily overpowered by either Prime.
    G1 Prime is very useful with his armor breaks amplifying damage and constant heavy attacks will increase overall attack.
    MV1 gains melee buffs sometimes and goes pretty good damage. If you've taken significant damage, his Special One does devastating amounts of damage, that can easily take out the Autobot medic.
  • Optimus 5*
    I guess I’m crazy because I have a team based around my OG Prime and no Ratchet. My current team is Prime, Megatronous, Grimlock, Wheeljack, Animated Bee (tho likely replaced with a 5* Jazz in a few dats).

I hate to play Ratchet, he’s just so boring to play. /yawn