Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What are future arenas gonna look like?

Will you guys just start rerunning old arenas now that you aren't able to produce new bots?

Comments

• They look like the same ones with “beefed up rewards”
  • MarkxMarkx Posts: 21
    They look like the same ones with “beefed up rewards”

So more bumble bee arenas
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Markx wrote: »
    They look like the same ones with “beefed up rewards”

So more bumble bee arenas

It’ll be the arenas where the milestones go up to 1.5 mil.
  • GtronGtron Posts: 117
    My guess is more & better rewards. With the new change with BOTM everyone gonna have more 5*s. Hate to say it it, but you know this will lead to the bar for milestones being raised. 1.5 million? Don’t think so, probably more like 2.5 million. Kabam doesn’t let us get comfortable, gotta keep us scraping for every little morsel. Funny, it works, cause we keep scraping . 😂
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Gtron wrote: »
    My guess is more & better rewards. With the new change with BOTM everyone gonna have more 5*s. Hate to say it it, but you know this will lead to the bar for milestones being raised. 1.5 million? Don’t think so, probably more like 2.5 million. Kabam doesn’t let us get comfortable, gotta keep us scraping for every little morsel. Funny, it works, cause we keep scraping . 😂

I still hold out hope that someday arenas will be discontinued and replaced with a "training mode" or something similar. I haven't built up my roster for mindless grinding, but to take on challenging content.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'd say they're gonna be rather generic
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    I'd say they're gonna be rather generic

;)
  • GtronGtron Posts: 117
    @Bi1b0Baggins I know Arenas are supposed to be for helping build up battle skills. With all the time required to hit all milestones I wind up zoning out with all the repetitions. Gets to a point you aren’t paying attention of who’s who, just on auto pilot. I can’t wait to see the new Arenas & hope they don’t raise the points bar. I wouldn’t mind if they redo the point system either. Doesn’t make sense you get more points winning a fight against a 1* 200K rating with a 5* 4500K than you would beating the 5* with a 1*. Not saying I can beat a 5* with a 1*, but if someone did they deserve more points.
    The fact the there is an "easy streak" in arenas is a huge turn-off. Commanders level 50+ should have skill-based, rising difficulty content instead of the current arenas. And yes, the point scale should be commensurate to the challenge/skill required.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    The fact the there is an "easy streak" in arenas is a huge turn-off. Commanders level 50+ should have skill-based, rising difficulty content instead of the current arenas. And yes, the point scale should be commensurate to the challenge/skill required.

This would make arenas better. I’m not fighting rok mixmaster 47 times to get 1.5m points though.
  • JuanM0JuanM0 Posts: 10
    Alright those who played alliance missions knows after selecting a difficulty there will be 3 maps correct. Well what if instead of a brand new map what if it starts you at a teleporter and it will teleport you into a section of the map (depends on what section you selected when sending your chosen bots out on the alliance mission) and everyone must converge to explore all paths and defeat a worthy opponent that get swapped out every 2 weeks.

Or there could a way of doing a way where the alliance leader selects the toughest bots and puts them on a map with one mod attached to the bosses 2 and final boss. And the rest of bots can be randomized though a selection of either all bots or other selections such doing only bayformers decepticons bots or IDW/G1 autobots bots.
  • JuanM0JuanM0 Posts: 10
    Or maybe in the arenas the streaks not only double your points gained winning fighting matches, but it also increases your rewards gained through the milestone rewards. Example: if you at least gain 10 win streaks you’ll receive 2x the amount of rewards gained on milestones. There would be a limit of 4x and the way it’ll be is 10 streak=2x, 18 streak=3x, and 26 streak=4x
  • Got an idea. Punchbag mode,

You endlessly lay into a punchbag like grindor and the damage done, without taking damage, is your score. A good way to measure skill. You pick one bot to bring, and pick your opponent. Opponent has no health bar, instead replaced by a score of your total damage since the last hit you took.

This way, a new player with a low roster will be able to progress quicker (new players have little to no hope of competing with massive 4*\5* rosters in rank rewards) and will provide the need to ‘get gud’, as some would put it.

A low player can avoid the ‘death by bonecrusher bleeds’ that inevitably comes with a high arena streak, and provide an oppertunity to progress at a faster pace than a less skilled player who by virtue of having a better roster, will get the higher score.

We can lay into mixmaster at the start of rok all day long for practise, but this could provide a true measure of skill while being fair for all.
    Kenny wrote: »

This would make arenas better. I’m not fighting rok mixmaster 47 times to get 1.5m points though.

What if you could only run through your roster once per arena? And your points were a combination of hit streak and survival time, or some other skill factors? It'd also be cool if you could fight another commander's entire roster in rapid fire mode. So kabam could do some kind of matchmaking based on your roster and pair you with another commander of similar size and strength. There are already a lot of great suggestions out there though, which will never be considered.