Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Any maintenance going on or servers going down that would affect players in Washington, USA?

As you can hopefully see by my ability to post this, the internet connectivity on my end is working well. However I am getting a bunch of connection errors when trying to play the game. Been getting them since about 5:00 PM PST. Had to press reconnect a few times and reload the whole game! Is there something going on that would affect access in my area?

Comments

• I did hunt around and found my repeater assigned the same IP to my phone as my mom's phone. Never did that before. Couldn't get my mom's phone to release its DCHP address. So I set a static IP for my phone. Have to charge now, but will see shortly if that is what caused the issue. I suspected it had to be on my end somewhere, but how does a connection that has been working flawlessly for weeks suddenly stop working? Yet nobody I talked to was having issues today - just me. Yet the internet was working - all settings were checked.

Confusing! Hopefully addressed. Will report back if not.
  • It was that sound and light show of Jazz. 🤣

No connectivity issues affecting game play here on the east coast. Although battlegroup chat since laggy or coming up blank at times.
  • I think it was some sort of hiccup with my range extender. Something happened the night before last and it has had a trickle-down effect on the various devices using it for internet access.

My phone would not work with a static IP for some reason, so I set my parent's phones to static IPs since they were newer, and on testing, could handle it. Mine is back to DHCP.

Long and short of it is that the issue was on my end. Not sure how better to address it. Hopefully working well enough to play for now.
  • @DreamBliss, thanks for reminding me about the extender. My extender uses the same SSID and password as the primary router, except sometime my device would not connect to Wi-Fi, so I turn off the extender and everything is peachy.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited January 2019
    Glad to have helped you! I guess range extenders are not very good with multiple devices, from what I have found Googling anyway. Not sure of the truth of this.

In my case my phone and my mom's phone had the same IP, but I have since set everything back to DCHP, and there are no address conflicts so far.

But I swear that every battle last night, right when my bot was about to attack, I had a lot of jerkiness and lag. More than usual. No lag for the opponent bot attacking me of course. Forged through it, but it really screwed up some fights. At least there are no more disconnect from server errors, thank goodness!

Looking into a cheap $100 used phone on Swappa with 4 gigs of RAM and at least 16 gigs of internal memory + ability to use MicroSD. Once I have TFF installed on this, I will see if there is still stuttering in fights and long loading between.
  • I think this issue was resolved? I live on the West Coast and received 14k premium bot chips as a reward for the maintenance issues they apparently had. Did you receive anything in your inbox?