Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

I wonder if there'll be an exclusive bot limited for one week

Just throwing out a conspiracy theory. I wonder if there will be an exclusive bot for a 5 star available for one week after the Jetfire spotlight is over. Maybe OG Prime.

They have this crystal opening event now to get everyone to open their crystals. Then come the 10th, no one has crystals left to open for generic bot chips. Sure we get Jetfire chips now that will be converted to generic bot chips. However, the conversion doesn’t happen until the 17th per Kabam Miike’s post. They’ve never given us a specific date on when conversion would happen in the past and this would put it after the time when this bot would be available for purchase.

And then they’ll offer some nice tempting packages in the energon store for those who want to get more generic bot chips for that 5 star Prime.

Comments

• Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    welp.
    fpeu55s5dusl.gif
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Oh yeah, and throw in the “typo” in the description that the generic bot chips were for a limited time. That was a legitimate mistake because they were thinking about this bot being available for a limited time.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Who knows.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see another crystal opening event at some point....maybe for Ironhide let's say.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Nope. NO NEW BOTS.

g8n4wd3zuk7x.gif
  • Options
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Nope. NO NEW BOTS.

No one said anything about new bots. In my conspiracy theory, I suggested it being OG Prime. But Red_Eyes brings up another good bot who could be the prize, Ironhide.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    My bad, I miss read it.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Nope. NO NEW BOTS.

No one said anything about new bots. In my conspiracy theory, I suggested it being OG Prime. But Red_Eyes brings up another good bot who could be the prize, Ironhide.

I'd be surprised if there was any kind of crystal event right after the Ratchet one. I think converting the chips on the 17th is just following the usual schedule of the featured bot being available for one week after what was typically the release of the new bot.

If there is another crystal opening event, with maybe Ironhide as the prize, I'd expect it later on.

Edit: Sorry I forgot your theory was suggesting a bot available for purchase, not another crystal event.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited January 2019
    It's the 17th because you can still purchase the BOTM one week after the event is over. lol..did everyone forget this among the commotion of the generic bot chips and opening all your crystals?

• Options
    Seb1976Seb1976 Posts: 77
    Voltron wrote: »
    It's the 17th because you can still purchase the BOTM one week after the event is over. lol..did everyone forget this among the commotion of the generic bot chips and opening all your crystals?

Yes, but surely that extra week is pretty irrelevant at this point. Once we start earning generic chips, the conversion could take place immediately as we could still use the generic chips for Jetfire purchases until his time in store elapses

• Options
    edited January 2019
    My bad, I miss read it.

Haha, no worries. You’re probably better at reading than I am. Anyways, it’s just a crazy conspiracy theory that’s probably not true either.
    It's the 17th because you can still purchase the BOTM one week after the event is over. lol..did everyone forget this?

I thought of that as well, but Kabam has never given us a date on when old featured bot chips would be converted — it would just happen some day (or as we’ve seen in some cases, not happen at al).

I just feel like Kabam gives us these crystal opening events to get people to use up their crystals so they don’t have them for something even better.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited January 2019
    Seb1976 wrote: »

Yes, but surely that extra week is pretty irrelevant at this point. Once we start earning generic chips, the conversion could take place immediately as we could still use the generic chips for Jetfire purchases until his time in store elapses

it is but considering the Devs would have to remove Jetfire from the store items, reprogram him for generic chip and send an update to put him back for one week....actually that might be a good idea. every time they had do this, the chip cost resets. A duped Jetfire for 100k chips is a lot better than 140k. For 140k, I'm saving the chips.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »
    My bad, I miss read it.

Haha, no worries. You’re probably better at reading than I am. Anyways, it’s just a crazy conspiracy theory that’s probably not true either.
    It's the 17th because you can still purchase the BOTM one week after the event is over. lol..did everyone forget this?

I thought of that as well, but Kabam has never given us a date on when old featured bot chips would be converted — it would just happen some day (or as we’ve seen in some cases, not happen at al).

I just feel like Kabam gives us these crystal opening events to get people to use up their crystals so they don’t have them for something even better.

There was probably never a date given for conversion (to gold) because the conversion was a fairly minor thing......now with the conversion to generic chips, the conversion becomes a major thing.