KABAM, an open letter.

Hi guys.

With all the incessant moaning going around lately, thought I'd start and counterpoint and say...
Thanks.

F2F is one of the BEST mobile games I've ever played or seen, and has been (mostly) a joy.

Well-thought mechanics, great gameplay, fabulous graphics and starring a thoroughly loved franchise.

I've completely reinvested into Transformers, thanks to you guys, after losing interest because BAY.

It's brought me closer to my 3 boys, as I've moved them on from Star Wars, Pacific Rim, etc. onto TF.

Countless (okay, ~$10K USD) has been spent on HASBRO merchandise since April 2018, be it toys, books, movies; all thanks to you guys!

If you count my upcoming DeadEnd deco'd 2019 Audi A7...

I'm just hoping for continued support, possibly future content and more innovation.

Keep your spirits up, maintain, maybe improve quality and thanks again for the memories, amusement and friendships FORGED.

Yours,
Andrï @BlackRazak

PS- Chill out on forums. Differentiate BANTER from bullying/abuse!

Comments

  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 154
    We need pictures of this car when you get it :)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,062
    edited January 11
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    We need pictures of this car when you get it :)

    Can't wait to show it to mum, who always insisted Transformers are rubbish.
    And boys:
    I drew the line at replacing the 4 rings with a light up Decepticon badge!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,088
    Why are they going to care about how much money you gave to Hasbro or Audi?

    All I see is you telling them to do what everyone else is wanting them to do but you're trying to seem virtuous about it by appearing to seem thankful.

    Put your wallet where your heart is and maybe they'll improve the game?
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,062
    edited January 11
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Why are they going to care about how much money you gave to Hasbro or Audi?

    All I see is you telling them to do what everyone else is wanting them to do but you're trying to seem virtuous about it by appearing to seem thankful.

    Put your wallet where your heart is and maybe they'll improve the game?

    @DaveJL when i hire a 3P company to ADVERTISE my product, i don't really care if they are my primary revenue stream.
    If they were, I'd be worried, albeit grateful.
    That would mean our side are not pulling our own weight.
    Still, it's RUNOFF REVENUE.

    Admittedly, I've been tempted NUMEROUS times to buy in-game bundles, but don't due to principles (and the fact I've 3 kids under 10, this teaches graft over financial power), which would be a long journey down a rabbit hole.

    As stated previously, I'd rather purchase REAL LIFE goods, again to set an example to my boys.
    Which we do. A lot. (But the kiddies only get it upon good grades, awards, birthdays, Xmas)

    There's nothing wrong buying upgrades, characters, etc, just a matter of my belief system.

    I do believe, however, in the Patreon system.
    Give me a Paypal link to Kabam, I'd gladly pay for effort.
    But not in game bonuses.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 686
    It’s great banter! It really is
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,088
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Why are they going to care about how much money you gave to Hasbro or Audi?

    All I see is you telling them to do what everyone else is wanting them to do but you're trying to seem virtuous about it by appearing to seem thankful.

    Put your wallet where your heart is and maybe they'll improve the game?

    @DaveJL when i hire a 3P company to ADVERTISE my product, i don't really care if they are my primary revenue stream.
    If they were, I'd be worried, albeit grateful.
    That would mean our side are not pulling our own weight.
    Still, it's RUNOFF REVENUE.

    Admittedly, I've been tempted NUMEROUS times to buy in-game bundles, but don't due to principles (and the fact I've 3 kids under 10, this teaches graft over financial power), which would be a long journey down a rabbit hole.

    As stated previously, I'd rather purchase REAL LIFE goods, again to set an example to my boys.
    Which we do. A lot. (But the kiddies only get it upon good grades, awards, birthdays, Xmas)

    There's nothing wrong buying upgrades, characters, etc, just a matter of my belief system.

    I do believe, however, in the Patreon system.
    Give me a Paypal link to Kabam, I'd gladly pay for effort.
    But not in game bonuses.

    Don't really understand what point you're making in your first paragraph, so you're going to have to either dumb it down for me or clarify it. Sounds like you're saying Kabam hire Hasbro so they can use the TF brand to advertise their game, so any revenue that sidesteps Kabam to go to Hasbro should be seen as runoff revenue and not a problem, but Kabam should be worried because it is a sign they aren't doing their job properly?

    As for your principles - fine, that's all well and good but the only way to support this game is to buy offers and energon. There isn't a patreon or a paypal link (afaik) so all your good intention, forum praise and child raising principles equate to precisely nothing in terms of keeping the game you seem to so dearly love up and running and with any future. I don't want this to seem like an attack on you - I'm sure Kabam are grateful for your kind words and you come across as a good dude, but this does absolutely nothing to support the game and you can't support it by being F2P.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,062
    @DaveJL,
    no worries mate.

    My point was F2F is a HASBRO property.
    Yes, developed by Kabam, but ultimately an IP of Hasbro.
    The purpose of F2F is ultimately a gateway for players to delve into the world of Transformers.
    That's usually the case with mobile content.
    Hasbro would therefore present DOWNLOAD numbers to board and investors, as a measure of the TF brand's success in this (mobile) arena. Huge DL numbers should equate to PRIME (no, not that guy) ADVERTISING REAL-ESTATE. Meaning this is where the CASH is; our eyes and ears (and wallets) are there for the taking.

    In-game credits, bonuses, powerups are an added REVENUE stream, mainly for the developers. If this stream blows up, it's great for the Dev Studio, as it leverages the company's net value and prestige. But another way they could do a Rovio is by delivering FREEMIUM QUALITY CONTENT.
    How many people paid for Angry Birds, Candy Crush, etc content?
    Their success was via advertising revenue and brand recognition.
    Usually 3AA mobile game developers charge for a game, then latterly DLC.
    The fact this is free betrays it's playable-advert origins.

    Which is why i'm flabbergasted no hardcore Bumblebee Movie commercials, Hasbro toys and promos, online boutiques, etc were shoved down our throats.
    Over 10M downloads.
    Lost opportunity indeed.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,088
    edited January 11
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @DaveJL,
    no worries mate.

    My point was F2F is a HASBRO property.
    Yes, developed by Kabam, but ultimately an IP of Hasbro.
    The purpose of F2F is ultimately a gateway for players to delve into the world of Transformers.
    That's usually the case with mobile content.
    Hasbro would therefore present DOWNLOAD numbers to board and investors, as a measure of the TF brand's success in this (mobile) arena. Huge DL numbers should equate to PRIME (no, not that guy) ADVERTISING REAL-ESTATE. Meaning this is where the CASH is; our eyes and ears (and wallets) are there for the taking.

    In-game credits, bonuses, powerups are an added REVENUE stream, mainly for the developers. If this stream blows up, it's great for the Dev Studio, as it leverages the company's net value and prestige. But another way they could do a Rovio is by delivering FREEMIUM QUALITY CONTENT.
    How many people paid for Angry Birds, Candy Crush, etc content?
    Their success was via advertising revenue and brand recognition.
    Usually 3AA mobile game developers charge for a game, then latterly DLC.
    The fact this is free betrays it's playable-advert origins.

    Which is why i'm flabbergasted no hardcore Bumblebee Movie commercials, Hasbro toys and promos, online boutiques, etc were shoved down our throats.
    Over 10M downloads.
    Lost opportunity indeed.

    A lost opportunity for who? Hasbro?

    I'm really confused. You're talking about all the pros and cons for Hasbro but completely leaving Kabam (or Netmarble?) out of the equation here. If Hasbro were supporting Kabam then I would see your point, but Kabam pay Hasbro to be able to use this IP (or I'm pretty sure they do).

    Yes Hasbro could have reached a deal to use this platform to advertise their stuff and in return they could have paid Kabam for allowing them to use that platform, but then what? How do you deem which is more valuable - the platform or the IP? Could end up in a situation where Kabam are still paying for the right to use Hasbro's IP as well as having to be an advertising platform for Hasbro's products.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,062
    Really don't get the venom a lot of other threads, punters are rife with.

    Isn't the whole point of being a fan to support the product/franchise/club/etc.?

    Yes, a lot are aggrieved at a perceived lack of real development, but from what i see, most issues, bugs are eventually solved.

    Double yes, our favorite IP isn't in the healthiest of conditions; but isn't it our job, as fans, to wish well and communicate our issues?
    We protest sports teams, but real fans would never wish for said team's demise.
    We perhaps should carry that mentality here.

    This game's development has slowed to a trickle, instead of constantly lambasting Kabam, let's communicate like adults (on both sides) and do our share.

    Kabam, is there a patreon/PayPal account i can contribute to, to ensure further growth and development?
    Like any business, every ¢ counts, and since I'm against P2P, I'd gladly go this route.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,088
    Kabam don't communicate - that's half the problem. Other than vague statements, warnings about conduct, closing threads and occasionally saying thanks for some praise, they don't have discussions. That's fine for them to take that approach but it also creates a bit of a chasm between them and the player base. If they had listened and communicated a long time ago, we may not be in this position, although who knows. We still don't know why development is stopping...
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    Kabam don't communicate - that's half the problem. Other than vague statements, warnings about conduct, closing threads and occasionally saying thanks for some praise, they don't have discussions. That's fine for them to take that approach but it also creates a bit of a chasm between them and the player base. If they had listened and communicated a long time ago, we may not be in this position, although who knows. We still don't know why development is stopping...

    Kabam does communicate - just not here.

    Look at the mcoc forum stickied threads. What would you like to see this year, beta run on a new act of story mode, among others. This sort of thing here would help the game and the community @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious, it would at least allay the fears for the future of the game if we have places to speak directly to you guys on an important topic (lots I’d like to see this year for this game).

    Can’t help but feel a little left out here.
Sign In or Register to comment.