Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What is the BEST counter to robotronus?

I usually find a megatronus on robo resource in raids. And I beat him always, but what is the BEST bot to countering robotronus?

What is the BEST counter to robotronus? 35 votes

Rhinox
37%
NutjobJoker69A13X2017Tracked_SignalBlack_ThoughtSlayerScarredArachnid333ktomovFunkie_YoyoCarrotBoy2kpenehiriwamac10smg_ToaOfGreentEa 13 votes
Kickback
5%
Gunz0Sycko5 2 votes
Shockwave
8%
Mr_WonderfulTfpsoundwaveJKIN 3 votes
Soundwave
0%
Wheeljack
28%
TsunamiHrockserdoodSeb1976Jazz444McBusketKittenZero117VBaRdYaAmNRyannbot115 10 votes
Prowl
2%
Hijacker2531 1 vote
Megatronus
0%
Other
17%
xJamesssHalloweendmFlrsbwVavatronGalvatr0n27BlackRazak 6 votes

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Wheeljack
    Wheeljack is the best against Robo Tronus
    Just dodge as many of his sp1 and sp2 attacks their brutal
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I think a Shockwave/Mirage combo works really well. Shockwave works better than most even by himself I find.
    I also like Kickback but he can't tank a special 3.
    Another really good counter if Tronus uses his sp1 and 2 rather than saving for sp3 is duped Starscream. It doesn't nullify the powergain buff itself, but it still does nullify damage so you can take him down pretty quick.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Shockwave
    I chose Shockwave because he drains the most amount of power and has a class advantage.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Wheeljack
    JKIN wrote: »
    I chose Shockwave because he drains the most amount of power and has a class advantage.

1. You didn’t choose shockwave, yet lol
    2. I’ve tried him and he only pauses the power drain for a while
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Rhinox
    I've experimented with Nanojack, Shockwave, Kickback and Rhinox. My Nanojack and Shockwave are my strongest bots, while Rhinox is the weakest. Having said that, Rhinox is the most reliable and tends to survive with the most health.

Shockwave - His power drain isn't fast enough. Unless you can bait SP1 and SP2, which is Russian Roulette as I find Tronus waits for SP3 a lot, then I will lose this fight. I can't burn Tronus down fast enough. He blocks a hell of a lot, dodges most heavies and just builds up for a SP3. The main problem is deciding whether to be aggressive with the associated risks, or try to dance and bait. I have often fallen into the baiting trap, then watched Tronus ignore me until he builds from SP1 to SP3. He often gets a life steal out of it too, to add insult to injury.

Nanojack - This works for maybe 80-85% of the fights. If luck is on my side, I can survive with more health than the other options. Unfortunately, Tronus seems to proc his obedience relic too often, which prevents shielding. Also, he often again saves for SP3. If the shield is already up when the last blast of his SP3 happens, it dark burns and knocks off a lot of health. Of course, obedience often procs which means there's no shield benefit at all. Nanojack also seems to lose the power drain battle, even with triple power gain buffs to make it proc more often.

Kickback - Tried it a few times and it only works if you're really lucky. He can eat the RR power buff, which is great, but only if you can hit Tronus with a heavy. Tronus seems to dodge almost all of them. Also, the RR buff starts again after Tronus fires a special. The AI seems to know this, and often quickly fires a special after you eat the buff. Again, your power drains can't win the race against his power buffs, unless he's stupid enough to try to build for a SP3 when you've eaten his RR buff.

Rhinox - The most reliable of all. His power lock is very reliable (stops all power gain for 4 seconds) and Tronus seems to dodge this less often than a heavy from Kickback. The bleeds are a bonus when you shoot him, as he spends a lot of time blocking, but the bleeds keep ticking. Tronus also does a hell of a lot of damage with his attacks, which is mostly mitigated by your shields, which then build shock debuffs on Tronus. All of these DOTs seem to wear away Tronus surprisingly quickly. You usually only survive with 25-50% health, but Rhinox wins almost 100% of the fights. If my Rhinox was tougher, maybe it would work out better.
  • Other
    I feel less squishy using Rhinox against him, but he's not leveled or ranked to deal with him too well. I thought Shockwave would be good, but his drain doesn't stop or reverse the power gain, it just slows it down for a few seconds.

I found this out by accident but Windblade can take him down if you go balls-to-the-wall and just hammer him. Her SP1 is devastating and between Stormfall Blast and her crazy bleeds he goes down fast against her. If you play her defensively and let him build to SP2 or SP3, she'll get demolished. But I'm taking more and more fights to him with Windblade and just going aggressive to take him down as fast as possible and surviving--which is what I care about since he's usually the last bot on raids I get.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Wheeljack
    I specifically think nano-jack, how are you supposed to fight unfairness?
  • Rhinox
    Rhinox. Shot some range attacks to stack bleeds and move in for melee, end with a heavy to power lock. Press him to the corner and keep hitting until the last 10%. Must use ranges to bleed and SP2 is better than SP3.
    Shockwave is just too slow. Slow in attack & power drain. The other option to consider is Scorponok. Heavy & SP1 to dazed, that's how megatronus sp1/2 won't get hit or give you enough time to dodge.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Other
    I actually really like Barricade. His backfire and evade allow for a few mistakes. His evade often cuts in mid-special.
    Kitten wrote: »

You have to constantly build shock charges by blocking ranged attacks and hitting heavy attacks. Pair him with Mirage and he drains power rather than stalling it
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited January 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »

You have to constantly build shock charges by blocking ranged attacks and hitting heavy attacks. Pair him with Mirage and he drains power rather than stalling it

That's a different raid team combo...who's the third? MV Prime or Grim?
    Voltron wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »

That's a different raid team combo...who's the third? MV Prime or Grim?

I use Grim as a third because I find he can deal with HA and a nanojack. The only real bases that give that team issues are when you come up against a Prowl on nightbirds or two Mtronus or something really.
  • Other
    Scorpinok because he can use his special 1 and 3 to make Megatronus miss all of ranged specials except for 3 then you won’t take any damage or use Galvatron because his strong dark burn can probably finish Megatronus off before the relic of immortality can kick in