Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

General Consensus on Ramjet?

How good is he. I got him recently and whIle I enjoy playing him want to know if it would he worth to rank up much or if I should save for better Demolitionists

Comments

• Options
    Save for better Demolition bot.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited January 2019
    No wonder he is outshone by many other demos. His key style is multi-stun, which is also his main problem. It guarantees a lot of damage output while building enemy's sp3 in no time. So you need Inhibitor mastery for him to be relevant, which requires a lot of energon for the benefit of one bot (well, two bots, if you're also using Ratchet).

His synergizes well with Kickback and Motormaster to form a triangle class team. But those two aren't fav bots in their classes, either.
  • Options
    I never cared for him much until recently. I formed a team of Ramjet--Jetfire--Starscream and their synergies make them all better (not as much for Jetfire, but his buff for Starscream is worth having him on the team. With the Starscream's Seekers synergy they get +15% damage and 75% armor piercing for all ranged attacks. That means his SP1, SP2 and even part of his SP3 get good boosts to damage. The first 2 seconds of his SP3 where his gets a gatling gun burst off wipes out anywhere from 2%-5% extra health before ramming into the target. It seems like not much, but that damage isn't even noticeable when he doesn't have the synergy.

He also gives Starscream that same synergy which makes his nullifies even more dangerous, and really ups the damage on his SP3!

• Options
    I love ramjet, but he isn't good for master or expert runs. Hes just a good and fun bot to play for hard and other modes, i r2ed him and hes fun :) But save for a better demo bot
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    I've recently R3'd his 4* version.
    After he kept getting duped.
    He doesn't suck, but you REALLY need to be good at dodging and anticipating AI.
    His SP2 iS awesome, as is his SP3 with it's stun.
    Can't take a hit, though; and a decent Rhinox and Wheeljack make quick work of him.
    Also absolutely terrible against Megatronus and Galvatron.
    But surprisingly fantastic against GS Prime, Grimlock and Primal.
  • Options
    Ramjet is BRILLIANT. Hell, he's better than wasp and mix imo.
  • Options
    Yeah he's worth ranking to 5 hes my top bot
  • Options
    I don’t get why people hate on him so much. I actually really like ramjet. I would prefer him over waspinator and mixmaster. His damage is decent, and his stuns really set it off. And it isn’t that hard to actually get his stuns working. The only problem i find with ramjet is that you can get a bit carried away with his stuns which gets you off guard then BAM! The enemy has a sp3. Other then that he is really fun to play
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah he has two problems, IMO. He gets bots to sp3 really quickly if you're not careful and whoever designed his gameplay didn't check their work carefully because he often misses with combo attacks and counters.

Other than that, I think he's a lot of fun to use, especially with the aforementioned Kickback and Motormaster. That Starscream synergy is also nice. Megatronus can get some nice ranged damage from having that too.