Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What was your Favorite G1 Episode?

Aw G1. Good old fashioned 80''s nolatalgia. *deep sniff*. Ah, I could smell the dicast metal.

G1 was the original Ttansformers cartoon, being a commercial while sparking a massive franchise. The show had a number of different episodes some good, some bad. I want to know your favorite episode. So, uh, get voting.

What was your Favorite G1 Episode? 21 votes

More than Meets the Eye (3 Part Series Premiere)
23%
serdoodJmdPhatBoy123BlackRazakJKIN 5 votes
S.O.S Dinobots
4%
Timfranco 1 vote
Dinobot Island (2 Part Episode)
9%
Joker69Dragma 2 votes
Starscream's Brigade
0%
The Search for Alpha Trion
0%
War Dawn
4%
AnakinPrime 1 vote
Web World
9%
ScarredArachnid333Vanjie 2 votes
The Return of Optimus Prime (2 Part Season 3 Finale)
9%
Jhn314Oprime3rd 2 votes
The Rebirth (3 Part Series Finale)
4%
Chuck_Canuck 1 vote
Other: Elaborate Please
33%
HalloweendmTracked_SignalPeasTechnobotEliteDragonlightningbaronBaRdYaAmN 7 votes

Comments

• I forgot the episode, but it has one of my favourite lines that optimus has ever said.
    Ironhide: Arrrrr remember the time on cybertron-
    Optimus: save the war stories hot shot, remember, there’s a thin line between being a hero, and being a memory. Words of wisdom right there
  • War Dawn
    So many good ones. But War Dawn for me never gets old. ROOP is right there also.

My guilty pleasure episode is Child’s Play. It’s a strange episode, but a favorite of mine
  • Oh yeah I forgot one. The one where optimus had to fight megatron in that cybertronian battle, and megatron cheated by gaining all his comrades powers
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    Kremzeeks!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited January 2019
    All Hollywood had to do was adapt that 3 part miniseries.
    Doh.

Has all the beats to start a mega franchise.
    1. CYBERTRON
    2. Human angle
    3. Robots actually in DISGUISE.
    4. Character development, powerset, motivations
    5. Camaraderie
    6. Epic battles
    7. Space Opera
    8. Good guys nearly lose
    9. NO AWESOME DECEPTICONS DIE
    10. Sequel Bait

In those 60 minutes plus, we got more arc than 5 Bay movies COMBINED
  • Other: Elaborate Please
    Season 1, Fire on the Mountain. There's just too many cool things going on here. Skyfire is resurrected by Wheeljack, Brawn shoots Megatron with his own fusion cannon, Brawn starts an ongoing thing with Soundwave where they fight each other here and through the rest of the season, and a lot more. Also, its where the show Robot Chicken got its name!
    Season 1, Fire on the Mountain. There's just too many cool things going on here. Skyfire is resurrected by Wheeljack, Brawn shoots Megatron with his own fusion cannon, Brawn starts an ongoing thing with Soundwave where they fight each other here and through the rest of the season, and a lot more. Also, its where the show Robot Chicken got its name!

Cue whiners (formerly miserable children) going on about how stupid G1 was.

"They had chickens on CYBERTRON?!?!"

FML

It was a well crafted Saturday morning cartoon for 5 yr olds!

One day we shall see people comment, debate the prose, linguistics and tragedy of SpongeBob.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    For me, it’s Part 3 of The Ultimate Doom Trilogy & the Episode which followed, “Countdown to Extinction”. I always geek out when Skyfire & Shockwave meet for the only time in the G1 Series. My other geek out moment is when Megatron & Optimus Prime Team up to stop Starscream’s plan to destroy the Earth using Dr. Arkaville’s greatest invention. The episode climaxes when Megatron transforms into gun mode, Optimus then loads the generator into Megatron’s barrel, and then Optimus fires Megatron’s “generator bullet” into space... which explodes right near Starscream who was returning from Cybertron.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Child's play, it was so glitchy that it was funny
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I don’t have a preference, really, but the one I enjoyed the most is this one.
    The golden lagoon
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 31
    Anyone know where we can stream every episode? Looks like Amazon only has season 1 for streaming.
    Tsunami wrote: »
    Anyone know where we can stream every episode? Looks like Amazon only has season 1 for streaming.

P2P is REALLY your friend!
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited January 2019
    Oh yeah I forgot one. The one where optimus had to fight megatron in that cybertronian battle, and megatron cheated by gaining all his comrades powers

Heavy Metal War

My favorite would be The Key To Vector Sigma (2 parts), hello Aerialbots and Stunticons; you have Rumble stealing cars. 🤣

More Than Meets The Eye (3 parts) was good as we got to see the Cybertronian mode of a few bots. Soundwave as a lamp post and the tetra jets. 🤣 The latter we are getting Starscream from the Siege line.

Name that episode from Victory where Liokaiser first united, he almost handed Star Saber his death warrant until God Ginrai came out to do a suplex.
  • Web World
    BlackRazak wrote: »

FML

One day we shall see people comment, debate the prose, linguistics and tragedy of SpongeBob.

I still like G1 despite some of the silliness it had. What I liked about the silliness is that they had fun with it. And the parts that weren't sill were pretty well executed. I just think some of the plots could be a little too silly for Transformers or repeated.
    BlackRazak wrote: »

FML

Speaking of Cybertronian chicken, the Laserbeak that pops out of Soundwave looks like a chicken:
    https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-stock-images-for-upcoming-transformers-cyberverse-toys-with-first-look-at-laserbeak-ejecting/42721/
  • Web World
    I did say I was going to praise Galavtron and now seems like the perfect opportunity to do so. In the first half of G1, there was Megatron, a villain that would make his reputation as one of the Greatest Fictional Villains of all time. Megatron at first was menacing and had the potential to be even more menacing. But he wasn't. For some reason, the writers dumbed him down, usually making Megatron get defeated too easily or retreat every 5 seconds. Up until the movie, Megatron was just an occasional villain that was defeated for no legitimate reason.

After the 1986 Movie, Megatron was replaced and reborn as Galvatron, a far more insane version of the former Decepticon leader. A lot of people hated Galavtron because he always acted like a loser. But as I stated, Megatron was still the exact same way, a loser. The thing that differentiates Galvatron and Megatron however is that Galvatron had an EXCUSE for being a loser because he was insane, while Megatron lost for no reason. Tbh, the insanity added to Galvatron's threat level because it made him unpredictable to everyone, proving that he was a giant safety hazard to anyone that came across him, foe or ally. It added to his entertainment value as he was extremely entertaining and the voice acting from Frank Welker is absolutely fantastic. The insanity added to his character, actually showing that the insanity had taken a toll on him allowing for rash actions. The important part about this is that his insanity was a character flaw making him a bit more 3-Dimensional. It was through this character flaw that allowed the show to explore Galavtron''s character, leading to the episode Web World.

Web World is more of a character centered episode focusing on the flaw of Galvatron; his insanity. It shows how much it has affected the Decepticons and they try to fix this flaw. Not only was this episode the most Decepticon-based of the entire series, but it actually showed some devolpment for the villains. The episode only focused on Cyclonus and Galvatron, which was all that it needed for some good character development. The rind down is that Cyclonus forces Galavtron into therapy. While that may sound silly, (I have learned to accept the silliness through @BlackRazak ), it created a lot of funny antics and Cyclonus and Galvatron actually develop. Cyclonus develops by realizing his mistake and coming to terms with Galvatron's insanity, accepting how his leader is. Galvatron develops by... being a tiny bit less insane? Well it's enough to escalate his threat level and be a bit more cunning. Also the humor is great, Galvatron''s mindless screaming and desire to shoot things is hilarious, making Galavtron extremely entertaining. Definitely one of the funniest episodes in the series. I give a 9/10. It's simple, funny, and has some critical development for the villains. What's not to love?

Also, there's the fact that Len Wein helped write this episode, who wrote Giant Sized X-Men #1, which introduced Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus to the Marvel world. He's also been credited to being the creator of Swamp-Thing, an underrated DC character.
  • PeasPeas Posts: 74
    Just saw the season 2 episode were the Decepticons get “drunk” on energon. Even lazerbeak crashes. Too funny !!
  • War Dawn
    Peas wrote: »
    Just saw the season 2 episode were the Decepticons get “drunk” on energon. Even lazerbeak crashes. Too funny !!

Microbots! Easily a top 5 scene of all time.