Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What was Your Favorite Beast Wars Episode?

ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Beast Wars is the show that made a massive revamp to the franchise. Instead of cars, jets, and other doo-hickies, they transformed into animals. While the premise is goofy, the show was extremely successful; having extremely well-written characters, steady plot, and great voice acting. Yeeeeesss, such great voice acting.

With well-written characters, there had to be episodes to emphasize on those characters. So, what was your favorite Beast Wars episode?

What was Your Favorite Beast Wars Episode? 17 votes

The Beast Wars (2 Part Series Premiere)
0%
Coming of the Fuzors (2 Part Episode)
5%
Timfranco 1 vote
Code of Hero
64%
iuJacobTracked_SignalUrAverageMalakaTechnobotScarredArachnid333SparkEaterKittenDragmaVanjieBaRdYaAmNJKIN 11 votes
The Agenda (3 Part Season 2 Finale)
0%
Optimal Situation (Season 3 Premiere)
5%
AnakinPrime 1 vote
Transmutate
5%
serdood 1 vote
The Low Road
0%
Call of the Wild
0%
Nemesis (2 Part Series Finale)
17%
Roosevelt_primeBlackRazakEliteDragon 3 votes
Other: Elaborate Please
0%

Comments

• Code of Hero
    I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined. That line still gives me chills, he died for a reason, didn’t just get randomly get killed off. I remember furst watching that episode like 8 years ago and i had no words.
  • Optimal Situation (Season 3 Premiere)
    The whole Ark story line was awesome. Well done in all aspects.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited January 2019
    Code of Hero
    Beast Wars has a lot of great episodes but a lot of people will agree that Code of Hero is the best episode in the entire series. Heck, I can argue that it's the best episode in the franchise. Everything about that episode is so well executed. Dinobot''s character arc is wrapped up beautifully, the stakes were higher than ever, and the death was so poetic and touching.

Dinobot''s character arc was a great and conflicting one. His code of honor conflicted and destiny conflicted with that of both sides, so he occasionally switched factions a bit. The episode Code of Hero decided to tie all that up in a beautiful bow. Everything about Dinobot was executed perfectly as it answered his question about destiny and honor, giving him full closure in hs redemption. The part where he grabs his sword and acknowledges this was so well executed and one of the best scenes in the show. Then there's the part where he has to fight all 6 Predacons, and while he manages to beat 5 of them, you can actually see the damage that he has sustained, but he doesn't give up, he even overrides the stasis lock. He finally confronts Megatron and what I like with this scene is that there isn't a lot of fighting. Instead, it's just banter and some final words of what they thought if each other. Remember Dinobot was Megatron's second-in-command before his betrayal. After Megs' witty dialogue Dinobot reclaims the Golden Disk, and with a powerful and blood curling scream, he destroys the Disk.

Then there's the death scene: you can see the rest of the Maximals absolutely devastated, from Rattrap's expression of horror when he sees his fallen comrade to Cheetor begging for a way to fix him. Optimus gives Dinobot closure that he saved the early humans, giving him nothing to regret. Rattrap and Dinobot playfully bicker at each other for old time's sake and Dinobot tells everyone to tell his story. His full and truthful story, so that he may be judged. And with no regrets a Hero dies.

To make it more sweet, I love that the first person to get up and salute him is Rattrap, signifying the relationship he had with Chopperface. Then flyers do the Missing Man Formation as they burn Dimobot's corpse. The episode ends with a caveman discovering Dinobot's cheapy hammer, which hints at the evolution of humanity, thus continuing the Hero's legacy.

I'm gonna be honest, I knew Dinobot was gonna die. But when I saw the actual episode and the episodes that led up to it, I was shocked and saddened. Never have a seen a show that has done something this majestic or extreme. Everything was rounded up so perfectly, there is only one word to describe this episode: Perfect. Definitely a 10/10. And I will say that Dinobot is possibly the most well written Transformers character of all time. Wish that Hasbro used him more.

Special shoutout to The Agenda as well.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Code of Hero
    This one is the only one I watched lol.
  • Code of Hero
    JKIN wrote: »
    This one is the only one I watched lol.

You should watch the rest of the series. It's definitely Transformers at it's best.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Not beast machines tho. Garbage. Cept megatron. Lol
  • Initially, I wasn't a fan of Beast Wars; ended up buying the seasons on DVD and binge watched it. :)

Code of Hero followed by Nemesis.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Decepticons forever!
    (In a Hungarian accent, to boot)
  • Code of Hero
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Decepticons forever!
    (In a Hungarian accent, to boot)

Sucks that Ravage only appeared in 2 episodes (The Agenda), only to get killed by RATTRAP! But he completely stole the show for the time that he was in it.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Code of Hero
    It feels bad man, but damn it feels good... Basically, hits you in the feels 😭
    Now imagine my dismay that the brilliant TF rechristening and rebirth that was BW was followed by Cybertron/Energon.

But wait, they're cool vehicles again!
    *Bleech*

That 2002 Optimus Prime design was sweet, though.
    (never understood why Megatron, in Energon, looked like the dullest bot design with Prowl's head, ffs)
    A bit off topic here, but doesn't everyone get it by now, whenever a TF show has no choice but to focus on a small-ish group of core characters, we get a decent-to-awesome spectacle?

Case in point:
    G1 MTMTE: less than 10 bots per side. Great character, personality, clear plot and motivations.

Beast Wars: see above.

TF Prime: also see above.

Bee movie: ditto.

So Hasbro, if you're reading this... Keep it SIMPLE.
    Or reconnect with MARVEL.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited January 2019
    Code of Hero
    Now imagine my dismay that the brilliant TF rechristening and rebirth that was BW was followed by Cybertron/Energon.

But wait, they're cool vehicles again!
    *Bleech*

That 2002 Optimus Prime design was sweet, though.
    (never understood why Megatron, in Energon, looked like the dullest bot design with Prowl's head, ffs)

Is is just me, or does Armada Optimus take some design elements from Primal? They are both voiced by Gary Chalk after all.
    ptn34zk2c7t0.png
    He has the wrist cannons and this form that he used is black so it could be. But it is a dub so maybe a coincidence?
    A bit off topic here, but doesn't everyone get it by now, whenever a TF show has no choice but to focus on a small-ish group of core characters, we get a decent-to-awesome spectacle?

Case in point:
    G1 MTMTE: less than 10 bots per side. Great character, personality, clear plot and motivations.

Beast Wars: see above.

TF Prime: also see above.

Bee movie: ditto.

So Hasbro, if you're reading this... Keep it SIMPLE.
    Or reconnect with MARVEL.

Yes. Less bots = more screen time and development. When you have too many characters to work with, it's a bit more difficult to develop the cast.

Also, if it's not on Cybertron, no cannon fodder! One problem I had with TF Prime was that the Decepticons always had henchman (Steves) just for the purpose for the heroes to punch something. I know more henchman makes it look like the bad guys have the advantage but it doesn't when they're defeated every 2 seconds. In Beast Wars, Waspinator fitted that role, but he was an actual character meant to poke fun at the canon fodder aspect (well, he also blew up cause his voice was annoying). In G1, there were multiple characters, but at least they were still individual characters. But alas, the Steves are just Steves and will forever be grunts.