Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who to Awaken: 5 Star Bludgeon or Drift?

VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
I tend to prefer melee, super aggressive, fighting style.

Who to Awaken: 5 Star Bludgeon or Drift? 31 votes

Bludgeon
67%
Joker69Austin555555serdoodthat1guyDaveJLJayBird01Tracked_SignalBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulVavatronBlackRazakSycko5EliteDragonArnZeBarnKittenDragmalightningbaronBaRdYaAmNJKINbuntak 21 votes
Drift
32%
Canuck33KillMasterCFlrsbwM00NHrockSparkShredderSkBirdmanCONTRA1121893Slayer 10 votes

Comments

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    If you are more melee, go Drift. I personally prefer Bludgeon cos he’s more versatile and tanky.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Bludgeon
    Unless you're heavily invested in Deep Wounds masteries, go with Bludgeon as he gains way more from an awakening, especially if you run with Sword Masters synergy. Drift on the other hand, already has everything he needs unawakened, extra bleed timer that's very minuscule at low level isn't going to make or break him.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited January 2019
    Bludgeon
    Thanks guys, I should mention I’m not a ninja. So a champ that is forgiving is very helpful!

P.S.
    Hey @Faithz17 ! Say hi to everyone!
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Bludgeon can take a hell of a beating and his sig when triggered deals loads of damage. He's been a go-to 4* for me...he's also got better synergies than drift, IMO
  • Bludgeon
    I'm also contemplating on awakening my Bludgeon (but 4* only). I did some tests with my duped 3*, and below is what happened (sig in action at 0:39 and 1:03):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsFR1twxX8A

And apparently he's quite forgiving, because getting critical hits actually buffs his armor (around the 2:59 mark).

I've long wished for at least a 4* Drift, but it seems that all along I have a great warrior at my disposal. Hope this helps!
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited January 2019
    Bludgeon
    His sig works with Swordmasters. If u get hit a lot then awaken Drift.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Bludgeon
    You can awaken Drift in normal crystals but Bludgeon you'll need to get 1m chips. So unless you're gonna get 1m chips I think it's better to awaken Bludgeon
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 70
    Bludgeon
    Bludgeon was my first 4 star, #3 bot behind Grim and Megatronus. Never liked Drift, thought he was a over blown spotlight hog.
    Bludgeon
    DaveJL wrote: »
    You can awaken Drift in normal crystals but Bludgeon you'll need to get 1m chips. So unless you're gonna get 1m chips I think it's better to awaken Bludgeon

Yep. That’s the plan now! Thanks everyone. Awesome to everyone in this thread.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Drift
    Drift and his bleed are just ridiculous, and his anti evade really hits home for me. He's one of my favorite bots to use and can finish fights super quick. I have never been on the Bludgeon bandwagon as I find him underwhelming to say the least. Inconsistent bleeds, and lack of critical hits even with crit masteries maxed out would be the 2 factors that stand out. and Blud was one of my first high ranked 4 stars back in the day so I used him a ton, until I got drift and bludgeon turned into strictly an arena bot.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Bludgeon
    Vavatron wrote: »
    I tend to prefer melee, super aggressive, fighting style.

If it were me then I'd go for drift but since he requires Ultra Instinct to use properly and you'd rather play aggressive, go for bludgeon.
    Just because of his armour I'd rather use a tactian against him (exception being motormaster)
  • Bludgeon
    Canuck33 wrote: »
    Drift and his bleed are just ridiculous, and his anti evade really hits home for me. He's one of my favorite bots to use and can finish fights super quick. I have never been on the Bludgeon bandwagon as I find him underwhelming to say the least. Inconsistent bleeds, and lack of critical hits even with crit masteries maxed out would be the 2 factors that stand out. and Blud was one of my first high ranked 4 stars back in the day so I used him a ton, until I got drift and bludgeon turned into strictly an arena bot.

I felt the same about bludgeon until I duped him, and got the rest of the swordmasters to r4. Throw all 4 in with a brawler (in case bonecrusher) and bludgeon becomes a death machine. The damage he deals on crits is outstanding compared to drift.

Can remember someone got a pic of a 130k odd damage crit against rok mixmaster on sp2...... that settles it for me.

Drift does have his uses, anti evade and all, but against your average opponent, bludgeon comes out tops. The high damage crits seems to work well in a beastsword team too, not to mention the armour buff is quite useful if you mess up.

Plus, ranged heavy. No other swordmaster offers that. If your running swordmasters, bludgeon is the way to go. WB can match drifts bleed output, the only reason then to bring drift is if anti evade is necessary
    edited January 2019
    Bludgeon
    Yeah, I’m running a 5 Star WB too, so this all sounds in-line with my team and play style. @Mr_Wonderful