Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cynical About Crystals?

I saw the offer yesterday about the 8 crystals released for $30 that give bots from 3*-5*. Because of my piss poor run of luck lately with anything 5*, I immediately thought, "that's too expensive for 8 more 3* bots!" Yeah, I know I could, maybe, possibly get a 5*. Potentially. But my luck lately with these crystals has just been so horrible I haven't gotten the deal when I usually jump at crystal packages.

Comments

• HrockHrock Posts: 132
    edited January 2019
    Kabams drop rates are worse than mcoc. They are responsible for poor sales. Why should drop rates be lower here for 4*/5*?

I would have maybe purchased Christmas exclusive if it had a pool of decent bots, but they put swipe, hound in there etc to make it more gambling or be malicious. Neither bot are exclusive good.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited January 2019
    I bought it, got 7x 3* bots, 4* Ramjet and an increasingly and overwhelmingly strong sense of regret, which got stronger every time I opened one of the crystals.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited January 2019
    You say crystals, I say coals. If it was 4*-5* or even just 4* bots for the deal, then yeah. But else, hell no.

The holidays crystal exploded my 4* roster.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hrock wrote: »
    Kabams drop rates are worse than mcoc. They are responsible for poor sales. Why should drop rates be lower here for 4*/5*?

Doesn't Kabam make MCOC?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Darm0k wrote: »

Doesn't Kabam make MCOC?

It's an acceptable jagon here on the forum to mock about the difference between the two games lol.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I’ve had as much bad luck opening crystals as the next person. Most of my 4*/5* roster additions (52 in total... 6 5* & 46 4*) have come from guaranteed 4*/5* Crystal Openings. So spending $30 on 8 crystals that will almost certainly give me anything but a 5* bot at this point... no thanks.
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Yes, I'm also unsure about the represented drop rates, so I steered clear of the deal. I'm sure that I must have opened more than 100 3-5* crystals so far, but I have never found a 5*, and from memory no 4*s. It has always been 3* bots from those crystals for me. I must have opened about 30 bee crystals alone during the event to receive 1x3* bee and an assortment of other 3* bots.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021

Doesn't Kabam make MCOC?

Yes they run both games
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Doesn't Kabam make MCOC?

Yes they run both games

Yes, I was just poking at the part where he said Kabam’s drop rates are worse that MCOC. However, Kabam makes this game and that one. I assumed he meant TFTF drop rates are worse than MCOC but, ah well, if you have to explain your joke it wasn’t a good one. I’ll take the loss.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I think he meant that MCOC is much better game so you would forget it’s owned by kabam too.
  • It's even worse with PBC, I opened 100, not one 4*, 20+ 3*, the rest all 2*.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    It's even worse with PBC, I opened 100, not one 4*, 20+ 3*, the rest all 2*.

Or Goldwheels/Megatron/Jetfire crystals.
    I grinded for 27 Goldwheels.
    The results are... Unsatisfactory.
    Heck even the Holiday Crystals had a personal vendetta against me
  • Andum7Andum7 Posts: 61
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Doesn't Kabam make MCOC?

Yes they run both games

They run MCOC and try to forget this exists
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    Drop rates for 4* are very low in PBC. During Crystal Event I opened over 200 w/o a 4*. Just in the shear number of tries you think there would’ve been one. It is what it is. With the direction the game is heading & need for revenue I think they should raise the chances. Not just for 4*s , but bot chips too. Right or wrong, that’s my opinion
  • Silent_AssassinSilent_Assassin Posts: 134
    edited January 2019
    I opened 15 3*-5* star bot crystals and got 15 3* bots. I got the lowest rating bot I could get 15 times 🙂 Ngl I’m salty af about that 😅

I saw the deal you’re talking about but the risk just isn’t worth it. I’m not trying to get finessed again.
    I opened 15 3*-5* star bot crystals and got 15 3* bots. I got the lowest rating bot I could get 15 times 🙂 Ngl I’m salty af about that 😅

I saw the deal you’re talking about but the risk just isn’t worth it. I’m not trying to get finessed again.

Just spent on those 200E 3*-5* crystals. Bought 10, just cause.

10x 3* gits.

NOICE.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

Just spent on those 200E 3*-5* crystals. Bought 10, just cause.

10x 3* gits.

NOICE.

I know your pain.
    I'm calling BS on some people here. The crystal odds aren't great but some people are just straight up either forgetting what they got or are telling porkies
  • Paying money for a "guaranteed CHANCE at a five star" is a useless waste of your money. On the flip side, it is better than paying $100 for a guaranteed five star.

Either way, too expensive.
    *groan*

Let's all LIE about our terrible 3-5* Crystal luck.
    Surely Kabam has no way of checking our NRG/pulls, and will give us 5* exclusively out of pity next.

I'm so non-plussed i don't even mind emptying gold, energon or ore anymore

uti8t7er4xpx.png
    There goes 1000 Energon
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I stopped using energon to buy crystals like within 2 months since I started playing. The crystals I have good luck with are the 4* and 5* crystals. :p:D
    edited January 2019
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    I stopped using energon to buy crystals like within 2 months since I started playing. The crystals I have good luck with are the 4* and 5* crystals. :p:D

I've been telling myself to stop buying those 300E crystals like every month since April 2018...
    Then i view those unbelievable pulls in the forums of guys getting 3x 5* Bots from 10 crystals...
    Rinse, repeat.

But then again I'm easily influenced by KFC ads in game
    BlackRazak wrote: »

I've been telling myself to stop buying those 300E crystals like every month since April 2018...
    Then i view those unbelievable pulls in the forums of guys getting 3x 5* Bots from 10 crystals...
    Rinse, repeat.

But hopefully not the dating ones...
    DaveJL wrote: »

Rinse, repeat.

But hopefully not the dating ones...

I ONLY EVER GET CATFISHED BY COLONEL SANDERS.
    Reality never matches the online picture
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514

Rinse, repeat.

Dude, where I live, I saw an ad for adblock.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Technobot wrote: »
    I’ve had as much bad luck opening crystals as the next person. Most of my 4*/5* roster additions (52 in total... 6 5* & 46 4*) have come from guaranteed 4*/5* Crystal Openings. So spending $30 on 8 crystals that will almost certainly give me anything but a 5* bot at this point... no thanks.

Kabam just HAD to make me eat my words over this comment...

6daddb0t1zoe.png

Although 2500+ Energon was a steep price to pay for 3 Triple Threat Crystals, 1 Superior Bot Crystal, 1 4* Bot Crystal, & 1 T3 Class Bot Crystals (And because I was too stupid to fight both Monster Mod Megs correctly in Expert Mode...), it was worth me having to eat crow when I managed to dupe the 1st 5* Bot I ever got. Well played, Kabam.
    @Technobot well done sir.
    Far better than that guaranteed 4* deal for the SAME price.

Barry is an expert spammer. Awesome for higher level arenas. And if you're proficient at dodging, pretty good for AMs, too
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

Rinse, repeat.

It was you and one other person that told me not to buy those meh crystals. I have not seen a 4* or higher since the holidays.

You didn't buy into KFC's $5 finger licking meal deal?

Rinse, repeat.

It was you and one other person that told me not to buy those meh crystals. I have not seen a 4* or higher since the holidays.

You didn't buy into KFC's $5 finger licking meal deal?

See? I'm constantly proving they're MEH.

😁

KFC is currently delicious