Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

So.. about that alliance mission battle timer.

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
I know I'll get some snarky comments on this post, but it's gotta be said.

This game is actually fun because there is skill and strategy involved in the battles which will allow you to (to a certain extent) overcome and defeat much more powerful adversaries.

The problem is that you take that aspect away in alliance missions where players can really shine the most, and grind out those milestones for more alpha/t3 sparks.

3 minutes is far too short a timer, even though i understand one is required to keep players from occupying the battle node indefinitely and prevent their teammates from advancing.

Why? Because we jack up the difficulty, it takes way more hits to defeat the enemy. This takes more time, and so does avoiding getting hit and baiting specials so we can survive the battle to begin with. A 1400-1600pi bot can be defeated with an r3 bot and skill. Timeout KO cannot, and it reeks of an obvious energon grab scheme.

Players are willing to accept revive and repair costs for getting their butts handed to them by true KO, but give us a fighting chance to use our skill to box in a higher weight class! We want to advance our bot upgrades.

I suggest any combination of the following to bring more strategy back into alliance missions:

1) make the battle timer 6.5 minutes. This is a no brainer and should happen plus one of the following suggestions

2)if player times out, his bot does not get KOd. However, he cannot use the same bot to continue the battle. The player must use a different bot, which may mean using a revive or repair to get the job done, which is what you want anyway. (My favourite option)

OR

3) player bot does not get KOd but loses 25% of remaining health and can be repaired and used again in same battle.

OR

4)forget all that, and whatever bot has less health at timeout gets KOd, period. (This is my least favourite option but it's something)

Please discuss!

Comments

• tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Completely agree. If it isn't a problem for anyone disagreeing, it eventually will be, just a matter of time.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    One thing, if by chance option 2 is considered...

To prevent a complete stalemate, you would need to allow the use of a bot a 2nd time if all 3 bots are used to try and defeat the opponent and the timer happens to run out in all battles.
    Case and point.. had this battle with ratchet vs ratchet not long ago... I know, poor choice for an alliance battle, but lesson learned and it illustrates the silliness of the timeout KO:lelp9kh2y7l7.png
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    First I agree something should be changed with timers. Having a champ ko on a timeout, sucks. That being said the idea is it makes the game more competitive and the faster and more efficient your playstyle the better you'll do. This being said...I rarely timeout but, in the future difficulties I probably will or I'll have to take ratchet to r4.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah option #2 was my suggestion to my alliance mates after this happened to me a few times. Same deal, using Ratchet who doesn't hit very hard but can go the distance in a difficult fight where he's outclassed. He had over half his health as well. Very frustrating.
    edited June 2017
    This post is more of a glorified bump than anything ;)

I am very surprised that more people are concerned about having the ability to change their profile picture rather than an actual gameplay issue. Kinda funny how priorities work.

I thought more of the community would want a change to the Alliance Mission timer. I'm guessing the lack of interest is because most of the player base runs fairly low difficulty, so they aren't running into this potential threat regularly.

Anyway, last bump for this thread unless the discussion picks up again.

Cheers
  • STORMZZSTORMZZ Posts: 57
    I'll take option 3 then please man hahaa.

If they do change it, i'm betting like the other game it'll be lose half your life...which is still bs anyway especially when you haven't been hardly hit or at all.
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    Ive never timed out before and its supposed to be fasf pace.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    You will when bots start double and tripling your rating in am
  • Jones117aJones117a Posts: 39
    We ranked 18th in last AM and haven't come into this issue yet so it's probably a fairly small number of players having the issue at the moment. This is likely why it hasn't been addressed yet. With the new update coming today it's only gonna be easier to do higher difficulties so is likely gonna take a while before this is addressed.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Either way timeout should not be ko
  • Hey All,

I just wanted to drop in and say that we've seen a lot of comments on this. While I don't know how the team will decide to go on this (or if they will make any changes), I have made sure that they are aware that this is an issue that you guys are very passionate about.