Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The Last Knight in retrospect

Comments

• VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Bay was a producer for Bumblebee. Just sayin'

Anybody can get a producers credit. Often, they come from contractual obligations for the studio, financing, his input on Bumblebees design from the previous films, intellectual property, and any other host of possible reasons. It doesn’t necessary relate to creative contribution.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    My main gripe with the Bay films are how WEAK the Decepticons are.
    Or the Autobots, for that matter.

Blackout in the opening sequence that had gun which shot the blast that blew everything away. However, I guess it was a one time use because he never used it again.
    Was turturro is TLK? I can’t remember and don’t really want to subject myself to it again

Yes, think soccer and then you'll remember.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Vavatron wrote: »

Anybody can get a producers credit. Often, they come from contractual obligations for the studio, financing, his input on Bumblebees design from the previous films, intellectual property, and any other host of possible reasons. It doesn’t necessary relate to creative contribution.

but it's blatantly obvious he had input on the basis it's basically the same as the other films, but worse
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Was turturro is TLK? I can’t remember and don’t really want to subject myself to it again

Yes, think soccer and then you'll remember.

When it comes to tlk, I do my best to forget. That movie shouldn’t exist as far as I’m concerned
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514

The Last Knight, dude.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited January 2019
    JKIN wrote: »

The Last Knight, dude.

It’s by far the most cringeworthy of the live action films. Watched it once, gave it a chance despite the negative reviews. Not watching it again through choice. Sure some of the live action fights are cool and all, but same goes for the rest of them. They’re an abomination of the franchise and should be discarded as quickly as possible.

I grew up adoring g1 on VHS, and the live action films offend me with how far they deviate from the original content. Optimus is a death machine, bumblebee goes from childlike to all out ninja, Megatron was a side act for 4 of 5 films, hut rud was a total misfire of the character, and the less said about devastator, galvatron and wheeljack/que, the better. Not to mention the ‘I want my crew’ bit in last knight. Good grief, that was poor.

Can’t bear to associate it with transformers, I apologise if my abbreviations offend.

Edit
    Considering the cast the 5 movies had, it has tainted some of them for me. Watching turturro in big lebowski, knowing the part he had in MV’s 1-3 at least, just isn’t the same. Same with Hopkins. It’s like I can’t take them seriously after watching them in the live action TF films.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Mr_Wonderful nice post.
    Anthony Hopkins is one of the finest actors of ANY generation.
    He elevates great movies, and makes some bad ones watchable, with his performance.
    But The Last Knight... Was a step too far.
    Rubbish dialogue, horrible pacing, terrible editing and juvenile humor of the worst kind. That running gag with crescendoing organ music or operatic voices is the kind of joke a 5yr old would be embarrassed of.

Wait, this movie's for kids!
    Arse.

Hyper everything:
    Hyper sexuality
    Hyper stupidity
    Hyper editing (ADHD?)
    Hyper military industrial complex
  • TLK is one of my favorite bayformers film, if not the best bayformers film. Though this is an unpopular opinion.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    TLK is one of my favorite bayformers film, if not the best bayformers film. Though this is an unpopular opinion.

What is your favourite movie of all time?
    edited January 2019
    Manthro wrote: »
    TLK is one of my favorite bayformers film, if not the best bayformers film. Though this is an unpopular opinion.

I’m going to guess Gigli.

Edit: On second thought, maybe Holmes & Watson.
    Darm0k wrote: »

It doesn't matter...

There's only one movie TLK is better than, and that movie is....

Batman Ninja
    edited January 2019

It doesn't matter...

Batman Ninja

Have you seen AVENGERS OF JUSTICE.
    TLK is somehow better than that.
    Wait, so is EPIC MOVIE (which had Megatron in it)
    TLK:
    Megatron, mightiest of the Decepticon ranks, harbinger of Doom, herald of Unicron...and total stickler for US Laws and Prison Systems.

But he forgot his own attorney! Rookie mistake
  • Manthro wrote: »

It doesn't matter...

Batman Ninja

I disagree. TLK is slightly more bearable than the fifth element. Suffers from the same problems like great cast doing poor jobs, poor story etc, major plot holes to boot. At least TLK has decent fight scenes, the only notable plusnit has over fifth element
    You guys have clearly not seen Legion, Ultra Violet or Bumblebee
  • Worst film of all time:
    Into the Wild

Lol, Ultra Violet is terribad
    Worst film of all time:
    Into the Wild

That’s based off a true story.

Lol, Ultra Violet is terribad

It's the only film I haven't managed to watch from start to finish and I've tried twice.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    k14v1gtrkfzi.jpeg

...end of discussion.
  • DaveJL wrote: »

Yes he was the producer but that meant he had zero say in the creative process of the film.
  • EliteDragonEliteDragon Posts: 146
    edited January 2019
    Well, I liked the movie, good action scenes (not higher than Age of The Exticion), Bumblebee's short battle and more epic Oltimus, I liked the hot rod, but .......
    The Roadmap is a bit perforated
    Seriously Cogman is stronger than they are
    The Quintessons became Solus Prime (Quintessa)
    Apart from that, good comedy scenes.
    And a good movie . Not bad, but tbm is not great
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Worst film of all time:
    Into the Wild

That’s based off a true story.

I know and while I can sympathize with the situation it still doesn't make it a good movie in my opinion. It hunk it would've if it told the story in the correct way.

But it didn't. The pacing was so..........damn.......slow. I know the whole point was finding your inner self but it's executed in such a plain and vanilla way that you can't root for the plot. And the movie makes the protagonist seem so unlikeable as he basically just abandons his whole family. I also hated the way it just cuts back and forth to the past and present so quickly. I know Quentin Taruntino does that but he actually does it right imo. Was also expecting more scenes of him being in nature because the whole point of the movie was finding his inner self while he was alone with nature.

There are some few good points such as the old man. His performance had me in tears; he deserved that Oscar nomination.
    But that's the only redeeming part I can find in it.

I know it's based on a true story but it could have been told better if it was adapted by someone else.
  • The only bots that I thought where mildly interesting and kind of wouldn't minded seeing a little more of throughout any of the Bay films, were The Wreckers (don't even think that much of 'em to remember which movie, tho I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd one)... OHH, but guess what!? They had a grand combined total of 30 sec. of screen time, then *POOF*. Gone.
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    The only bots that I thought where mildly interesting and kind of wouldn't minded seeing a little more of throughout any of the Bay films, were The Wreckers (don't even think that much of 'em to remember which movie, tho I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd one)... OHH, but guess what!? They had a grand combined total of 30 sec. of screen time, then *POOF*. Gone.

Legendary Wreckers.
    Killed off in grainy B&W news footage, if i remember correctly.
    With machine guns and a flame thrower.
    Guess they had to focus on burping baby dinosaurs
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I can't believe no one has mentioned that Stanley Tucci played in 2 different movies as 2 different characters.
    Maybe I missed it, but to me that's extremely lazy casting.

I know and while I can sympathize with the situation it still doesn't make it a good movie in my opinion. It hunk it would've if it told the story in the correct way.

But it didn't. The pacing was so..........damn.......slow. I know the whole point was finding your inner self but it's executed in such a plain and vanilla way that you can't root for the plot. And the movie makes the protagonist seem so unlikeable as he basically just abandons his whole family. I also hated the way it just cuts back and forth to the past and present so quickly. I know Quentin Taruntino does that but he actually does it right imo. Was also expecting more scenes of him being in nature because the whole point of the movie was finding his inner self while he was alone with nature.

There are some few good points such as the old man. His performance had me in tears; he deserved that Oscar nomination.
    But that's the only redeeming part I can find in it.

I know it's based on a true story but it could have been told better if it was adapted by someone else.

Well, I didn’t say it was good (or bad). In fact, I haven’t watched it and that’s the only thing I know about the movie. :#

I’m sure some people liked it. I mean, we even have people who liked TLK.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Let me put it this way:
    My rank list:
    1. Bumblebee
    2. Age of Extinction
    3. The Last Knight
    The other three I have mixed feelings about.

OKAY, WHO FLAGGED ME?!
    Let me put it this way:
    My rank list:
    1. Bumblebee
    2. Age of Extinction
    3. The Last Knight
    The other three I have mixed feelings about.

OKAY, WHO FLAGGED ME?!

I dunno. I’m guessing DaveJL or someone pretending to be DaveJL because we all know he disliked Bumblebee.

Or, it could have been anyone else on the forums for having TLK on that list.