Monthly Milestones Still Means Hoarding

So the whole point for generic chips, besides the features bot removal, was to eliminate hoarding but these milestones with having to get all 3/4/5s of three bots still results in hoarding. Why would I open my 4* crystals if I have to pull all three 4s during the month. Now I still have to hold them otherwise it’s wasteful. Why can’t anything be done with just a little common sense.

Comments

  • ktomovktomov Posts: 211
    Who said that the generic chips will eliminate hoarding or it was "the whole point"?
  • kranderskranders Posts: 426
    Sorry. The whole point was Kabam deciding that no more feature bots were being released. Then in the many pages of discussions around the change was the fact that people wouldn’t need to hoard crystals because of the feature chips. If you want to great but the milestone mechanic still pushes it on you. Do I need to simplify it further?
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 380
    edited February 5
    kranders wrote: »
    Sorry. The whole point was Kabam deciding that no more feature bots were being released. Then in the many pages of discussions around the change was the fact that people wouldn’t need to hoard crystals because of the feature chips. If you want to great but the milestone mechanic still pushes it on you. Do I need to simplify it further?

    That's not entirely accurate though. You get 100k cheeps for buying a 5*, so you would only need to buy 2 more 4* at that point. If you go HAM and buy all 3 5*, then you've already received 300k more chips from those purchases and it cascades all the way down to the 3*s.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,557
    I think the concept of no more needing to hoard crystals came from the other players.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 426
    Then explain what else would cause someone to want to hoard crystals then, unless they are hoping for a specific bot? Because the concept of hoarding for any other reason is dumb.

    Also the “trickle down” from buying the bots in no way compensates.

    It’s my own fault for forgetting why these forums are a waste.

  • kranders wrote: »
    Then explain what else would cause someone to want to hoard crystals then, unless they are hoping for a specific bot? Because the concept of hoarding for any other reason is dumb.

    Also the “trickle down” from buying the bots in no way compensates.

    It’s my own fault for forgetting why these forums are a waste.

    But you're also not taking into account the many 4* crystals you get in a month from spotlight and AE and forging and such. I am not a hoarder, and don't do arena, and I pulled 4* Blud and 4* Jazz from 4* crystals last month. I'm at 941k but not interested in the current group of 5*.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 87
    Yep, holding all my 4* until next month on the off chance of avoiding to spend 300k chips on three featured 4*...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,557
    kranders wrote: »
    Then explain what else would cause someone to want to hoard crystals then, unless they are hoping for a specific bot? Because the concept of hoarding for any other reason is dumb.

    I know some people are holding onto their crystals on the off chance that there’s another crystal opening event.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 835
    This 👆🏻
  • kranderskranders Posts: 426
    Darm0k wrote: »
    kranders wrote: »
    Then explain what else would cause someone to want to hoard crystals then, unless they are hoping for a specific bot? Because the concept of hoarding for any other reason is dumb.

    I know some people are holding onto their crystals on the off chance that there’s another crystal opening event.

    Then that is a choice and my point. And if Kabam fixes those events so they couldn’t be manipulated then nobody would hoard them because it’s essentially cheating the system.

    This has become a pointless discussion.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,557
    kranders wrote: »
    Then that is a choice and my point. And if Kabam fixes those events so they couldn’t be manipulated then nobody would hoard them because it’s essentially cheating the system.

    I thought your point was that the monthly achievements creates a need to hoard and that the generic bot chips was to remove the hoarding. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Also, I don’t think holding onto crystals for a crystal opening event is cheating. I would say swapping in and out other members for them to open crystals to donate points would be cheating as it would essentially give you more than 18 players contributing.

    I don’t open all my crystals because then I would end up with a whole bunch of class ore that I am not able to use (usually due to a lack of gold) and then end up having to sell them (which is funny because then l I will have gold).

    Anyways, I do agree that some of the monthly achievements are silly.
    kranders wrote: »
    This has become a pointless discussion.

    Are you just saying that because other people’s points are not yours?
  • kranderskranders Posts: 426
    Nope. I welcome points worth discussing. So far nothing is worth debating. Having to get 29 milestones means you need a lot of chips. More than you did before. To make it more achievable most would end up hoarding because having to buy each 3 and 4* could prevent people from being able to get a 5*. Holding crystals to try and pull them without buying them is a result which is dumb and shouldn’t be part of the design. People hoarding to form an alliance for three days to win the event is also dumb, or rotating others in, and what I consider cheating. I don’t expect everyone to agree
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 380
    edited February 5
    I think you're also overlooking the fact that Kabam has also increased the number of chips you get from the milestones and spotlight, which means you get more chips for doing the same thing you always did. I know this is true because I busted my buttocks to get to 1 Mil for Scorp, prior to the switch. I got slightly less chips this month for essentially doing nothing. Also, I bought 5* JF just to get the tech awakening, which means I came into this month with no cheeps.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 466
    kranders wrote: »
    People hoarding to form an alliance for three days to win the event is also dumb, or rotating others in, and what I consider cheating. I don’t expect everyone to agree

    You just called three of your alliance officers cheaters? Lol

  • kranderskranders Posts: 426
    JKL wrote: »
    kranders wrote: »
    People hoarding to form an alliance for three days to win the event is also dumb, or rotating others in, and what I consider cheating. I don’t expect everyone to agree

    You just called three of your alliance officers cheaters? Lol

    What’s your point? Doesn’t matter to me who does it. It’s cheating a system, do you want to call it manipulating? What makes it sound better? It’s poor design but still blatant abuse of a system. I said it was dumb in my chat when they did it.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,557
    kranders wrote: »
    What’s your point? Doesn’t matter to me who does it. It’s cheating a system, do you want to call it manipulating? What makes it sound better? It’s poor design but still blatant abuse of a system. I said it was dumb in my chat when they did it.

    I would go with collusion. :D
  • kranderskranders Posts: 426
    Darm0k wrote: »
    kranders wrote: »
    What’s your point? Doesn’t matter to me who does it. It’s cheating a system, do you want to call it manipulating? What makes it sound better? It’s poor design but still blatant abuse of a system. I said it was dumb in my chat when they did it.

    I would go with collusion. :D

    That I could agree with...
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 509
    Dude, just spend 330 chips a month. For a vet like you (I think), this should be easy. I’m only level 41, and I’m doing that.
Sign In or Register to comment.