Home› General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Useless special attacks 😥

2»

Comments

• Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Simply put some bots have special attacks that don't have any real abilities that make them useful, ones I can think of right now are motormaster's and bludgeon's special 1, they literally don't do anything other than do extra damage that otherwise melee would also do.

So any ideas as to what they could do to make us want to use them?

In regards to motormaster's I don't really know, bludgeon's however I wish it gave a crit rate buff or something to make use off his Sig or unlikely bleeds

When Bludgeon uses a special, including his 1, there is a +60% chance to inflict bleed on critical blade attacks.

But the chance to land crit is terrible AF
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Simply put some bots have special attacks that don't have any real abilities that make them useful, ones I can think of right now are motormaster's and bludgeon's special 1, they literally don't do anything other than do extra damage that otherwise melee would also do.

So any ideas as to what they could do to make us want to use them?

In regards to motormaster's I don't really know, bludgeon's however I wish it gave a crit rate buff or something to make use off his Sig or unlikely bleeds

When Bludgeon uses a special, including his 1, there is a +60% chance to inflict bleed on critical blade attacks.

But the chance to land crit is terrible AF

He crits normally I think, it's just that the chance to Bleed is only like 25% on a crit. His Bleeds, though, are much longer and stronger than Drift's.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    DonApis wrote: »
    1. I never lose health when k.o an opponent.
    2. Yes. I'll using S3 if the opponent confirm k.o

You’re lucky, then. I remember knocking out some bots when he does that truck smash thing at the end of the special. I’ve seen my health drop. Well, there have also been times when it hasn’t too. All those times are when the smash is the finishing blow, not the blast from his gun that creates the whirlwind.
    JKIN wrote: »
    Has anyone’s Motormaster been knocked out from that TINY health penalty?

No, it stops at 1% (like when you’ve got a DOT stack on you during the S3).
  • KenKen Posts: 53
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Ken wrote: »
    Windblades SP3
    Starscream SP2 - 3(If opponent not buffed)
    Megatronus SP3 after 1st fused shock, it's hard to keep the stacks sometimes

Windblades sp3 has a stun chance I believe
    Starscreams s2 can do huge damage and armour breaks
    Megatrons sp3 shocks and overloads fusion cannon - but why would you use it more than once?

Motormaster sp1 can stun with synergy but ultimately it is useless.

Bludgeons sp1 is pretty useless but it does do 4 hits which can all cause bleed I believe.

Not all specials have to be useful - change your gamestyle around them. Yes Scream's sp3 is useless in some situations but really good in others, so use his other specials.

Ultra Magnus' sp3 is pretty useful, so why bother using it?

For some reason I thought we were going to just mention them but here I go.
    Windblade has 35% chance to stun, so if you didn't get the proc it's a waste of effort and time to put on that SP3 also the damage is very during the scene is very pointless.
    Starscream's SP2, yes I know that armor break is SUPER good, but I can't seem to find Starscream to be suitable to even PUNISH them for getting that armor break. and his damage just feels like his SP1.
    I still love him as a fan though.
    G1MT's SP3, it's only after you applied the 1st shock and fused it. After that it's basically pointless despite how struggling it can be keep the stacks on that Barricade THAT KEEPS CORNERING HIMSELF AND SPAM HIS RANGE ATTACKS AND THEN HE GETS HIS EVADE AND CRIT RATE BUFF. I'd find it good for very long fights, Ro(T)K, and prob very difficult AM's on Map 3. Other than that, eh.
  • To be honest, once I’ve fused all the debuffs, I just hammer sp1 all the way with g1 megs. Refreshing additional armour breaks really ramps up the damage. But yeah no need to go for multiple sp3 unless your really confident you can keep them going, barricade would be a bad matchup in that sense but same as any evade bot.

MM has that sp2 though, it more than makes up for his sp1. I only go for sp3 to finish a fight. At least bludgeon doesn’t take damage from his sp3 so it’s not all bad if you hit it, but again, that sp2..... swordmasters does the damage big time if it procs

Windblades is pretty low though, another that has no reason to go to sp3 over that sp2
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »
    It a roll of the dice, I personally having a high amount of armour breaks or power debuffs, I think one time his special 3 inflicted 4 or 5 attck debuffs and the bot I was fighting literally did NO DAMAGE
    I'm disagree with you. Motormaster's SP3 can do very good amount of damage. Sure he is losing his life but it does that if the opponent not k.o.

I have lost health even when the S3 deals a KO so there’s no guarantee you won’t lose HP.

I do agree with you guys that his S3 does a lot of damage and the debuffs he does can be great. But let’s say you bring him to AM and you’re in room 1 and end up with a S3 against an opponent. Do you use it?

Nope.

It would be hilarious though.

I think Wasp’s SP3 should have more of a health penalty because he gets slapped and then proceeds to blow himself up.

And Ramjet?

Believe it or not, Waspinator has survived worse, so I don't think he really needs a health penalty.

As for Ramjet, he gets himself stunned for a short amount of time after his SP3
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Darm0k wrote: »
    It a roll of the dice, I personally having a high amount of armour breaks or power debuffs, I think one time his special 3 inflicted 4 or 5 attck debuffs and the bot I was fighting literally did NO DAMAGE
    I'm disagree with you. Motormaster's SP3 can do very good amount of damage. Sure he is losing his life but it does that if the opponent not k.o.

I have lost health even when the S3 deals a KO so there’s no guarantee you won’t lose HP.

I do agree with you guys that his S3 does a lot of damage and the debuffs he does can be great. But let’s say you bring him to AM and you’re in room 1 and end up with a S3 against an opponent. Do you use it?

Nope.

It would be hilarious though.

I think Wasp’s SP3 should have more of a health penalty because he gets slapped and then proceeds to blow himself up.

And Ramjet?

Believe it or not, Waspinator has survived worse, so I don't think he really needs a health penalty.

As for Ramjet, he gets himself stunned for a short amount of time after his SP3

For Wasp... I guess, lol.
    For Ramjet... I still think there should be a health penalty next to the stun.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Why should there be any health penalty to using your own SP3???
  • Bludgeon's SP1 is extremely useful. Crit sword strikes have a 25% to bleed with him, in SP1 that chance goes up to 85% for bleed per crit and I almost always get 2-4 crits and sometimes the crit damage is enough to finish the fight before bleeds even take effect. And having 1 or even 2 swordmasters on his team means he's going to crit a lot!

For example, with my Bludgeon, his bleeds do 108% attack, and my attack is about 1,800, over 2,500 if enemy is a scout. That's a lot of bleed damage in addition to the regular damage he does, which skyrockets if you have his sig unlocked.

Also, the last hit of his SP1 sends the enemy flying back and falling down, so that puts some distance between him and enemy and gives an extra second or two while the enemy is getting back up and forces them to close with you while you have plenty of time to go into a heavy or ranged attack of your own. That may not seem like a big deal, but a little distance and time can make a big difference in a fight, especially if the fight isn't going your way. And with his heavies having a chance to stun, that can allow you to do another combo and go into another SP1. Rinse and repeat, if necessary.