Should Grindor get an update?

He's a simple solid bot,but he REALLY needs an update to stay relevant with the newer cast of bots.
I've seen many suggestions of adding a good burn to heavies and his sp3, maybe a bleed to his sp2....I like this idea.

Should Grindor get an update? 37 votes

Yes, update
91%
French_BakerSilent_AssassinBeastdadKillMasterCRaptor22Hbomb76MeatShield72JmdDaveJLSame_ol_GBodyopus79Bumblebee254Black_ThoughtMr_WonderfulVavatronRoosevelt_primeBntyhntr3232_Jazz444BlackRazak1121893 34 votes
No, keep him a simple tank
8%
Barricade_2017GojuanesStarscrems_ruleq 3 votes

Comments

  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 1,769
    I of course want the update
  • Yes, update
    Well he is a brawler, i think something to counter bleed would be nice. I know he has that decrease crit chance debuff he gives but i think he needs more than that
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 1,769
    Agreed..the core bots were good and simple but to keep up the devs had to come up with very interesting and great abilities. Outshines the main group so they need to be able to keep up.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited February 9
    Yes, update
    I feel like this will be an “upgrade... F*CK GO BACK” moment.

    But still, he needs an upgrade, even if it’s just a tiny Burn inflict.
  • Yes, update
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Agreed..the core bots were good and simple but to keep up the devs had to come up with very interesting and great abilities. Outshines the main group so they need to be able to keep up.

    Totally agree. Aside from his sp2, he’s totally outclassed by primal in every way.

    Power lock synergy with barricade is nice though. Just once per fight isn’t enough imo, maybe once every 30-40 seconds would be nice.

    Would put him among the top of the pile for facing robotronus too
  • BeastdadBeastdad Posts: 607
    Yes, update
    Of course he needs an update, he’s utter trash at the moment.
  • SubhjitSubhjit Posts: 3
    My first five star grindor...
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,638
    Yes, update
    He needs something, but he doesn't need to be on par with Primal or MV1 etc. Someone has to be the lower tier of the brawler class, and a nice simple tanky bot is still super good if you're a new player. He got me through a lot in the early stages.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Yes, update
    Right now he’s just someone who’s annoying to go against because of his tankiness. Sure, he can apply crit down and stuff, but the only real damage he does is his SP2.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,249
    Yes, update
    Grindor needs to be able to stun, or debuff enemy attacks.
    Hound needs... Everything
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 1,769
    Subhjit wrote: »
    My first five star grindor...

    Me too...duped even
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 1,769
    edited February 10
    I wonder if these suggestions will ever see the light of day.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Yes, update
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Grindor needs to be able to stun, or debuff enemy attacks.
    Hound needs... Everything

    Not everything. Just a balance.
    I don’t exactly want hound to have the powers of O.P., Tronus and Starscream combined.
    Lol imagine Hound with every ability in the game.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,249
    Yes, update
    JKIN wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Grindor needs to be able to stun, or debuff enemy attacks.
    Hound needs... Everything

    Not everything. Just a balance.
    I don’t exactly want hound to have the powers of O.P., Tronus and Starscream combined.
    Lol imagine Hound with every ability in the game.

    Nowt what i meant.
    I mean his OWN current abilities like Burn, etc.
  • Yes, update
    Make his sword a little bigger too. Feels like he’s hitting you with a pencil.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 2,406
    edited February 11
    Yes, update
    If the dev team really is working as they claimed, focusing on other aspects of the game while we enjoy the stillness, this kind of balance should come first.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited February 11
    Yes, update
    I may have some idea as to how Grindor could be buffed. Maybe it could give Kabam some inspiration.

    (Abilites in the game that I don't mention will remain the same)


    -When the Opponent has a Crit Rate Debuff:
    •Grindor's Melee Attack Damage is increased by 10% for each Crit Rate Debuff.
    ¤This will replace Grindor's Block Penetration Ability.

    -When Grindor has an Armor Buff:
    •Bleeds that are inflicted during the Armor Buff have their duration decreased by 35~50%

    -SP1:
    •If the Opponent has 3 Crit Rate Debuffs, this Special Attack becomes unblockable.

    OR

    •If the Opponent has 2 Crit Rate Debuffs, this Special Attack has a 100% chance to inflict Stun for 4~5 seconds.

    -SP2:
    •Each hit has a 45% Chance to apply Bleed, dealing damage based on 35~50% of Attack Rating for 8 seconds

    -SP3:
    •100% Chance to apply Burn, dealing Damage equal to 70~90% of Attack over 5 seconds.
    •100% Chance to apply a Crit Rate Debuff for 15~20 seconds.


    Nothing really game changing, but it should be enough to put Grindor on the map. Maybe, idk. Any thoughts?

    Oooh! Good idea!
    Basically make him an extremely tanky Jetfire but he relies on Crit Down on the opponent.
  • Yes, update
    JKIN wrote: »
    I may have some idea as to how Grindor could be buffed. Maybe it could give Kabam some inspiration.

    (Abilites in the game that I don't mention will remain the same)


    -When the Opponent has a Crit Rate Debuff:
    •Grindor's Melee Attack Damage is increased by 10% for each Crit Rate Debuff.
    ¤This will replace Grindor's Block Penetration Ability.

    -When Grindor has an Armor Buff:
    •Bleeds that are inflicted during the Armor Buff have their duration decreased by 35~50%

    -SP1:
    •If the Opponent has 3 Crit Rate Debuffs, this Special Attack becomes unblockable.

    OR

    •If the Opponent has 2 Crit Rate Debuffs, this Special Attack has a 100% chance to inflict Stun for 4~5 seconds.

    -SP2:
    •Each hit has a 45% Chance to apply Bleed, dealing damage based on 35~50% of Attack Rating for 8 seconds

    -SP3:
    •100% Chance to apply Burn, dealing Damage equal to 70~90% of Attack over 5 seconds.
    •100% Chance to apply a Crit Rate Debuff for 15~20 seconds.


    Nothing really game changing, but it should be enough to put Grindor on the map. Maybe, idk. Any thoughts?

    Oooh! Good idea!
    Basically make him an extremely tanky Jetfire but he relies on Crit Down on the opponent.

    Glad you like it. I wanted to give the Crit Rate Debuffs more utility because they seem a little to plain and simple by themselves.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 1,808
    Yes, update
    I want Grindor to get burn staks on heavy attacks
    And Hound is desperately needing a buff too
  • sinatrasinatra Posts: 3
    Yes, update
    Grindor is Tough but Boring to play.
    I forged my dupped R4 4* Grindor to 5* Shockwave with no regret.....
    Yes Grindor need to be updated.
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 93
    Yes, update
    Its going to be hard for the one or two developers still on the game to update any bot.
Sign In or Register to comment.