Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How does one classify as a pro?

I know there are a lot of "Pro" players out there and I'm sure there are good reasons for that but how is one classified as a pro?

Comments

• Normally, a Professional player earns money playing a game. Since there's no tournament in TFTF we can't hold this definition. Let's generalize "Pro" to "Ninja" in this game then. For me, a ninja can do any of the following:
    * Score a 200 hit combo.
    * Get to 15 win streak in Arena, all perfect rounds.
    * Complete ROK without 5* bots, no revive, no repair.
    * Complete ROTK using less than 10 items.
    * AM level 80+ using no item & dealing all bosses.
    * Date Miike.

Finally: why bother? PvE games have no pros.

I like the bottom one
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I know there are a lot of "Pro" players out there and I'm sure there are good reasons for that but how is one classified as a pro?

Finish fights one handed while drinking a coffee with the other.
  • I know there are a lot of "Pro" players out there and I'm sure there are good reasons for that but how is one classified as a pro?

No idea, but one can assume it’s...

How much one spends on the game.
    How much content they create for streams and YouTube, showing them spend money.
    How much they spend from their content revenue on the game.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    To be a professional definitely is not spending money
    To get to be a professional is definitely work to get there 👍
    I’m not a professional only been playing for 1 year
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Normally, a Professional player earns money playing a game. Since there's no tournament in TFTF we can't hold this definition. Let's generalize "Pro" to "Ninja" in this game then. For me, a ninja can do any of the following:
    * Score a 200 hit combo.
    * Get to 15 win streak in Arena, all perfect rounds.
    * Complete ROK without 5* bots, no revive, no repair.
    * Complete ROTK using less than 10 items.
    * AM level 80+ using no item & dealing all bosses.
    * Date Miike.

Finally: why bother? PvE games have no pros.

Dammit,
    ☑️ 233 hits
    ☑️ 21 win streak (18 perfect)
    ☑️ RoK with R5x3, R4x2 4* (2 repairs, pretty please)
    ❎ RotK
    ❎ AM level 80
    ☑️ Dated a Indonesian-Dutch girl named Miike, KABAM'd.

So I'm no ninja
    Karateka champ, at most
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481

Best RoK mixy with a four star jetfire without dying
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Imma just say I’m not pro.
  • Canuck33 wrote: »
    Damn, I am just soooo close....
    199 hit combo
    14 perfect arena rounds
    used an item in rok
    used 11 items in rotk
    Am level 79 and always die to primals 1%
    dating Vydious

Seriously the bottom one?
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    In games where you can PAY2WIN… I personally don't think there is anything like a professional.
    You rank up bots and occasionally you get offers to buy than you get a head of others (e.g. T4 class crystal)
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    In games where you can PAY2WIN… I personally don't think there is anything like a professional.
    You rank up bots and occasionally you get offers to buy than you get a head of others (e.g. T4 class crystal)

You have no idea what pay to win game is. Yes some resources are currently limited to offers, but even that you can get pretty good squad and fight in every mode.

Pay to win is "you can socket this item by obtaining VIP7". And there are tons of such games, and if you don't buy - you end up being unknown mediocre guy.

Here you can progress, not that fast if you're not spending, but you can still do it.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Point made 😯
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    0ize22gmpjra.png
    It just takes time to build a strong roster I didn’t need to spend for Bumblebee
    I’ve only spent $30 on this game for a max 4* Grimlock bundle it was so worth it
  • KenKen Posts: 53
    I just say, react almost perfectly. That means Megatronus specials, Prowl's mindgame to SP2, on and on and on.