Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Man that focused frenzy path....

Quite the rage quitter mod. Got through it but it's definitely tested my playing style. Turns out Cyclonus was basically useless.
Who did YOU use to get through it? Megatronus and Ultra Magnus we're my go-to guys, especially with Primal.

Comments

• Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I used Jetfire with double Starscream synergy, OG Megatron and Megatronus.

I also split the path in two and combined it with shock block path, so did shock block until Prowl and Megatronus, then did the frenzy path and switched to shock block Prowl.

I tries a few combos beforehand, with Soundwave, Scorponok etc but the AI is too competent in dodging those heavies.

There also seems to be some weird bug where a hit was not removing a stack, unless the AI was blocking for the tiniest amount of time before counterattacking. It's imperceptible if they are, but it looked like a bug to me
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Megatronus
    Cyclonus
    And beast purification with primal, cheetor and scorpinock
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I used Bumblebee, Megatronus, Wheeljack, MV1 Optimus, and Cyclonus
    I saved the frenzy path for last
    I kept buying energy refills after another to finish off Master that day lol 😂
    So when I got up to the Focas Frenzy my hand was too tired I fought too sloppy so I felt like yelling lol 😂 cause I ended up reviving my bots lol 😂
    That path was the worst of the worst lol 😂 it definitely has me in gear for next month
    I’ve learned my lesson do not try to finish Chapter 3 when you should be asleep 😴 lol 😂
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    So when I got up to the Focas Frenzy my hand was too tired I fought too sloppy so I felt like yelling lol 😂 cause I ended up reviving my bots lol 😂
    That path was the worst of the worst lol 😂 it definitely has me in gear for next month
    I’ve learned my lesson do not try to finish Chapter 3 when you should be asleep 😴 lol 😂

Just wanna get it out of the way, I've been there too. Of during this spotlight anyway 😪...😴...😲 Sorry what were we talking about
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Just wanna get it out of the way, I've been there too. Of during this spotlight anyway 😪...😴...😲 Sorry what were we talking about

We’re talking about the Master Spotlight Unstoppable path lol 😂
    Called Focas Frenzy
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Really? Cyclonus useless?? Just wait for Primal to dash at you and he gets stunned.

I didn’t like Cyclonus before, so never bothered to R2 him. But everyone kept saying Cyclonus against Primal so I brought him R1 to expert to try it out and he seemed pretty effective. So I R2 him and brought him to master. He surprised me. I started off with my full health R4 Shockwave and he got completely trampled, only brought primal down like 10%. R2 Cyclonus was up next, and he brought Primal down to 7%, where wasp finished him off easily.

But Cyclonus is a one-trick pony against unstoppable bots, I wouldn’t use him on a normal basis. Like OG OP or Megatron would be more versatile tacts.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Faithz17 i dunno man...
    As much as i love me G1 Megs for AM Map 3; Cyclonus, despite his 'weak' hits and rando nullify/anti-unstoppable field, is just so NIMBLE during arenas and raids.

Quite the overachiever, i use an R5 4* version to take down 9500Pi Primal, Grimlock, Grindor or MV Prime with brutal efficiency, often times PERFECT.
    Of course Motormaster is a joke for him.
    Also makes short work of Ironhide, Wheeljack, Prowl, Soundwave, Shockwave, Blaster, Waspinator, etc of up to 7000Pi.

Can't imagine what a 5* max, full sig variant would be capable of.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'm really hoping for a 5* Cyclonus in the store. I'll jump on that. He is a good bot but that FF path seems to recognize who it's fighting. When the bots went unstoppable, they never dashed. His stun only seems to work with a full field dash.
  • Options
    JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I used Primal, barely any use.
  • Options
    On the Focused Frenzy path, I used the following...
    4* Max Megatronus
    4* Max Tantrum
    4* R4 Scorponok
    4* R4 Cyclonus
    4* Max NanoJack

Got caught off guard that Prowl was immune to all buffs (/facepalm... I used my 4* Max BC on the other paths for Prowl), but I at least got to Megatronus before I revived/repaired my bots. Had to revive/repair at Primal again, so I burned about 500 Energon alone on that path. Still it was worth it en route to 100% exploration of Expert.
  • Options
    DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    500 energon to beat a map? At what point does it even count as earning rewards for fighting? At the point of having to spend that much to beat a few paths they might as well just let us purchase the rewards ourselves.

Fact: Skilled players used 0 energon to do 100% Master.
  • Options
    Piece of cake with cyclonus
  • Options
    5 star 16000 pi bonecrusher: c'mon what are you waiting for after all you have to quit, hahahahahah
    4 star 3200pi cyclonus: EZ ,HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited February 2019
    500 energon to beat a map? At what point does it even count as earning rewards for fighting? At the point of having to spend that much to beat a few paths they might as well just let us purchase the rewards ourselves.

Believe me, I get your point. But Focused Frenzy was the hardest path to complete in the final mission of That’s Just Primal: Expert Mode (& I assume Master Mode as well). I actually beat the easiest path in that mission w/o reviving my bots (as well as beating all of the previous missions w/o using Energon), but I wanted the exploration rewards for Expert (which included a Guaranteed 4* Bot Crystal, a Superior Bot Crystal, 3 chances at a 5* Bot, a total of 40k Bot Chips, 4 Relic Tickets, and a T3 Class Spark Crystal), so you had to beat Focused Frenzy. I used up 1000 Energon total to clear all paths in the last Expert mission, but it was worth it for the rewards.
  • Options
    bacondude wrote: »
    5 star 16000 pi bonecrusher: c'mon what are you waiting for after all you have to quit, hahahahahah
    4 star 3200pi cyclonus: EZ ,HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

PI is irrelevant if your skilled enough
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    If you diligently do daily missions, you get a whole stash of repair kits that you can use as well. Plus all the revive and repair kits from crystals.