Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid revamp ideas

I know this has been discussed before. But now I have a little fresh hope that Kabam might revitalize the game, so let's discuss it again. Raids are a game mode that can REALLY use a redesign.

Problems:
  • Successful base defenses are rare, and give low rewards. There is little incentive to build up defense.
  • Raid rewards are weighted towards the final win/lose outcome, with minor rewards for progress.
  • Some bot/mod configurations on the base are almost mandatory, making raid setups monotonous. Many bots and mods go un-used.

Here's one idea of how base defense could be overhauled:
  • Change the base from a web of seven nodes into a series of zones. Each zone has three nodes.
  • Each zone is like the LAST three nodes in today's base: the attacker picks which of the first two nodes to attack, and the last node is mandatory.
  • Within each zone, the three defending bots benefit from synergy bonuses. (This is key.)
  • Attackers encounter zones in random order. (This prevents defenders from stacking early zones with top defenders, and forces them to make each group of three defenders an optimized team.)
  • The raid timer gives about 5-6 minutes per zone. If you clear the zone, you enter the next one and the timer resets.
  • Raid chip rewards are more spread out: increased chips for each successful battle, and fewer chips as the end reward.
  • The defender earns raid chips each time an attacking bot is KO'ed, and for each zone that the attacker did not reach. (Maybe for other conditions as well; effective defenses should be rewarded.)
  • Players can grow their bases over time to add zones. (Beginning commanders start with maybe two, and can grow to as much as six?)
  • Gold is farmed as normal (more zones = more gold), but there's a "harvest all" button for easy pickup.
  • The UI displays one zone at a time; "elevator" buttons are added to display other zones.

Pick this apart, guys, and help come up with other models that would make raids better.

Comments

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    First of all, love the idea of having synergies working on a base, always thought about it but y'know it won't happen (yet)
    Second, making it a labyrinth kinda thing might make them feel like less of a grind, so that's always good during a raid event 👍
    Finally... New mods or something? Feels like it's been a while since the 3 exclusive mods were released
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I think all Exclusive mods should be put in the normal Mod crystals
  • Jazz444 wrote: »
    I think all Exclusive mods should be put in the normal Mod crystals

Yeah, agreed. Or at least show up routinely in the raid store.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    All I need for Raid is:
    1. Ban robotronus
    2. Ban robotronus
    3. Ban robotronus

Did I forget to mention Robotronus?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've always loved the idea of synergies on base defense.
    I also like the idea of not being able to purchase your way through a raid. You have one boost or item, use it wisely. If you can't make it then you can't make it. Defense successful.
    Right now I have my base stacked with 5*s for gold mining because even the strongest 4*s get steamrolled.
    I'll say though, I've seen some stunningly impressive bases...I recently saw an incredible base....65k+ rating...There are some behemoths out there, but I also saw where it was beaten.
    A 65k power base should be almost impenetrable. The option to buy your way through a base like that kind of diminished the work put into it. That being said, the guy who beat that base is a strong player.

I love your ideas. Good work.