Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Sword Masters, can we add 1-2 more bots into this Synergy?

How about adding Grimlock and Motor? These 2 bots are both underused in my opinion.
Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Looks like the cost of admission for sword masters is being able to stack bleed. If the bot's weapon looks like a sword, but hits like a stick, no soup for you.
  • Options
    From our data on Bot usage, I can tell you that the Swordmaster Synergy is still a very powerful one, and still gets utilized quite a bit. I'm not sure if we'd want to add more Bots to it, but I will raise this to our team!
  • Options
    Grimlock and Motormaster use swords but I don't think they're as skilled as the other characters. Grimlock uses a sword because it fits his barbaric nature. Motormaster uses a sword mostly for the electric blasts. Well, from what I believe.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Please no Motormaster, the guy hits hard enough as it is. Imagine adding bleeds to his melee, lol. :o
  • Options
    Thank you for listening @Kabam Miike !
  • Options
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Please no Motormaster, the guy hits hard enough as it is. Imagine adding bleeds to his melee, lol. :o

Makes it more fun killing him !
  • Options
    Momo2008 wrote: »

Makes it more fun killing him !

I have enough "fun" killing him as he is.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Some of us here actually did discuss this several months ago. The conclusions were:

1. That Grimlock and Motormaster are not really skilled sword fighters, they are just brutes who happen to use swords.

2. Brawlers have low crit rates so it might not even be worthwhile for them to be sword masters seeing as crits are necessary to even have a chance to inflict bleed.

Edit: Just to be clear , I guess it isn't necessary for Swordmasters to inflict bleeds with their swords, as is the case with Dinobot, but the synergy increases crit rate and that might not be a good thing when fighting a Bonecrusher.
  • Options
    Some of us here actually did discuss this several months ago. The conclusions were:

1. That Grimlock and Motormaster are not really skilled sword fighters, they are just brutes who happen to use swords.

2. Brawlers have low crit rates so it might not even be worthwhile for them to be sword masters seeing as crits are necessary to even have a chance to inflict bleed.

Edit: Just to be clear , I guess it isn't necessary for Swordmasters to inflict bleeds with their swords, as is the case with Dinobot, but the synergy increases crit rate and that might not be a good thing when fighting a Bonecrusher.

Grim will fit right in :)
  • Options
    n8zz40wq5yh9.png
    Nice Bots!
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Nice Bots!
    this would probably been better as a PM. lol
  • Options

Grim will fit right in :)

Maybe more him than Motormaster.
  • Options
    n8zz40wq5yh9.png
    Nice Bots!

Thanks I appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    Voltron wrote: »
    Nice Bots!
    this would probably been better as a PM. lol

Maybe, lol.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Dinobot can actually stack bleed. It’s just with his heavy attack instead of sword.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »

Dinobot can actually stack bleed. It’s just with his heavy attack instead of sword.

I know he can inflict bleed with his heavy.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited February 2019
    Late 2 D Party, but hey
    I agree Motormaster needs to be a swordmaster. Even Menasor uses his blade!
    Grim, too.
    When 90% of pictures of said character WIELDS A FRIGGIN SWORD... give the fellas a bone!

Hilarious fact: G1 Bludgeon's sword is a work of (Marvel) FICTION.
    Darn toy had him wield a TANK TURRET.
    And whatever happened to G1 Toy Megatron's awesome chrome sword
  • Options
    @Kabam Vydious supports this...I'm quoting him here I support anything with grimlock
  • Options
    Actual quote from the synergy thread I think: Anyways I support anything grimlock is part of. I just can't help it
  • Options
    Grimlock King, Grimlock also use sword to smash enemies!
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    MV1 Optimus Prime needs to be a sword ⚔️ Master
    He uses swords ⚔️ in his SP1, SP2, and SP3
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Those short, stubby, yellow swords of his are an embarrassment.
    Get a real sword.
    Oops he listened, thus The Last Knight.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Those short, stubby, yellow swords of his are an embarrassment.
    Get a real sword.
    Oops he listened, thus The Last Knight.

Sorry 😐 I was just looking for a little more power lol 😂 he’s already strong 💪 enough though 👍
    o813a21okde4.png
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I don't think motormaster or Grimlock need swordmaster, mostly because it doesn't fit their playstyle.
    In the case of drift and windblade, their crit rate increases and the debuff chances by extent.
    Bludgeon gets his crit damage to increase 1000 fold and I guess his bleeds get to happen more often with the crit rate boost the synergy gives.

Then there's Motormaster and Grimlock, they will get NO benefit from a crit boost, Maybe Grimlock in the case of fighting bonecrusher if you want to look at it like that, definitely not motormaster though