Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mardi Gras Week

Next week is Mardi Gras week and what better game to celebrate it than Transformers. No seriously, it's literally perfect when you find out that Optimus Prime was originally going to have a Jamaican accent. Anyway, we haven't had an event in a while so it would be nice to get something to keep us appeased.
rqn3rti6ds75.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• I believe it's best to probably have some type of Special Calendar for this event or maybe some type of event quest? Alliance event?
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    How about Warpath? Not even joking around here, I think this would be a good opportunity to show him off.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    yay special calendar yay
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited February 2019
    Wait, why did my comment post 3 times? I ONLY PRESSED POST COMMENT ONCE I SWEAR!!!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @ScarredArachnid333 well, since Megatron has had both Queen's English and Cockney Plonker accents, let's celebrate by giving Prime his Caribbean twang.
    But don't give MICHAEL BAY any ideas!

#optimusXganja
    Also, Michael Bay X Mardi Gras=
    Topless Arcee
    Michael Bay:
    "Mardi Gras bot? It'll be a cross dressing, Black Cajun, transvestite, bisexual with hubcaps as lips, LOTS of necklaces and missile launcher-bewbs. And don't forget they're scared of the police (Barricade, cos reasons) !!!
    The fans will LOVE IT.
    Transforms into a giant crawfish.
    With Chinese sponsors!
    GENIUS!!!"

G1 Optimus Prime:
    "Suicide is the right of all sentient beings."
  • Next week is Mardi Gras week and what better game to celebrate it than Transformers. No seriously, it's literally perfect when you find out that Optimus Prime was originally going to have a Jamaican accent. Anyway, we haven't had an event in a while so it would be nice to get something to keep us appeased.
    rqn3rti6ds75.jpg

That's a cool looking image! I also had no idea about the accent thing. :scream: And here I thought I was a true fan.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Next week is Mardi Gras week and what better game to celebrate it than Transformers. No seriously, it's literally perfect when you find out that Optimus Prime was originally going to have a Jamaican accent. Anyway, we haven't had an event in a while so it would be nice to get something to keep us appeased.
    rqn3rti6ds75.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but what does Jamaica have to do with Mardi Gras?
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    ...are we confusing a Cajun accent with a Jamaican accent?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    rqn3rti6ds75.jpg

Ignorance you say? Perhaps not.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    rqn3rti6ds75.jpg

I'm the ignorant one here. I actually got this idea from the other forum. Someone posted the idea of it and, in all of my stupidity I read Cajun as Jamaican. God I'm stupid. So anyway, I was thinking that there should be some kind of event in this game, considering the fact that we had nothing yet they get red pockets and such. Without doing any research whatsoever on Mardi Gras I decided to post the idea here. It wasn't until you asked this question that I realized how badly I screwed up.

I apologize if I offended someone.
    You rock for owning up, @ScarredArachnid333

Here's something to cheer you up
    https://youtu.be/fm0mTIxgOBk

Now get goin in the AM!
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    rqn3rti6ds75.jpg

I'm the ignorant one here. I actually got this idea from the other forum. Someone posted the idea of it and, in all of my stupidity I read Cajun as Jamaican. God I'm stupid. So anyway, I was thinking that there should be some kind of event in this game, considering the fact that we had nothing yet they get red pockets and such. Without doing any research whatsoever on Mardi Gras I decided to post the idea here. It wasn't until you asked this question that I realized how badly I screwed up.

I apologize if I offended someone.

Oh I see. Yeah I couldn't figure it out, I know New Orleans is associated with Mardi Gras and there's the Carnival in Rio de Janiero but Jamaica? lol.

Oh well, stuff happens, we all make mistakes sometimes.

The picture is cool.
  • JKIN wrote: »
    Wait, why did my comment post 3 times? I ONLY PRESSED POST COMMENT ONCE I SWEAR!!!

It happens sometimes, I went ahead and removed the extra posts. I've got you covered :)