Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

What About Bayformers?

So, with Hasbro stating that Bumblebee did good enough that its officially a reboot of Transformers, what happens now to the Bayformers on this game? It seems like it would mess up a lot of people's character rosters for them to just be deleted, especially with all the people that love Ironhide and MV1.

Is it possible they get changed into similar G1 counterparts and given new appearances? If they do go the way of the Dodo, do players get replacement bots to make up for the loss or is it a clean swap with a repurposed bot? And what do the former Bayformers bots change into?

The most obvious would be to change Ironhide into his G1 or maybe WfC/FoC counterpart. Mv1 Prime--he could be turned into Nemesis Prime, no group allegiance and no bot class. Like Ironhide, Hot Rod, Drift and Hound could just change to their G1 versions, same with Decepticons Bonecrusher and Mixmaster. Easy peasy! Grindor could be changed to G1 Combaticon Vortex. Mv2 Megatron could be changed to Combaticon Brawl (both are tanks), or BW Rampage (who also had a tank mode AND a crab claw!). Barricade could be changed to G1 Stunticon Dead End or Breakdown, maybe Wildrider. And that leaves Bayformer Bumblebee. He could easily be changed to the movie version of Bumblebee, but I had a wild idea of re-skinning that character into Nightbird, leave out an alt mode switch and just have like a lunging foot sweep or something that does the same thing as that Bee's current heavy and change laser blasts to those throwing stars, and like the idea of Nemesis Prime, no group allegiance or bot class.

Since the entire premise of the game's story revolves around alternate realities, it seems like an easy thing to explain for all the Bayformers to switch to G1 versions or something close. Hmm, maybe a mod will argue this belongs on the character suggestion thread, but my main question here (my ideas for the Bayformers aside) is what happens to them since Hasbro is doing away with the Michael Bay version of things?

Comments

• Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Don't think this is a problem, and shall remain in rosters.
    After all, STUDIO SERIES
  • Options
    MegatromMegatrom Posts: 121
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    After all, STUDIO SERIES

Hmm not much agree with you Bayformers may have bad storyline but i like their designs especialy Shockwave and Driller and Bay Megatron also would love to see WFC AND FOC Bots in the game
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited February 2019
    I like the designs of the early Bayformers, especially the Constructicons.
    Now, when they started loosing the visible car parts, started getting fat and smoking and growing beards....that's when I lost interest.
    I'd love to see KnightFormers added to our roster though:) Perfect cross between G1 and movies
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I like the designs of the early Bayformers, especially the Constructicons.
    Now, when they started loosing the visible car parts, started getting fat and smoking and growing beards....that's when I lost interest.
    I'd love to see KnightFormers added to our roster though:) Perfect cross between G1 and movies

Perfectly put.
    It's when they decided to go for a 'man-in-armor' aesthetic (and lazily reused character models, like Longhaul- Onslaught, Bonecrusher TF2, Grindor, etc) i lost interest.
    MV1 had a sense of awe and wonder.
    Plus the increasingly susceptible Decepticons and Autobots were a non threat by MV4.
    Lazy and dumb plots. What a combo.
    By AoE the toys must have been a nightmare to produce.
    Hence big bucks necessary to get anything resembling the on screen looks
  • Options
    Megatrom wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    After all, STUDIO SERIES

Hmm not much agree with you Bayformers may have bad storyline but i like their designs especialy Shockwave and Driller and Bay Megatron also would love to see WFC AND FOC Bots in the game

@Megatrom what i meant was DON'T WORRY about LOSING Bayformers.
    Hasbro keep making STUDIO SERIES versions, and plenty more are in the pipeline.
    They will stay in our rosters as tokens of this much debated era in Transformers history.

Though i generally can't stand the overly busy designs, there are SOME gems.
    Namely Brawl, Blackout, Bonecrusher, the Fallen, Ironhide (In Name Only! He's supposed to sound Texan), ermmm...Megan Fox.
  • Options
    I think the bayformers will stay...why should they go?

Beast wars was over a long time ago yet the bots are still in the game