Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Playstyles

What's your playstyle and preferred Bot/Team/Synergy? How does your playstyle work in which scenario? Shoot!
Tagged:

Comments

• I, for one, prefer a tanky or evasive character that keeps chipping away at an opponent's health, throwing in a couple of Bleeds or Burns and the occasional Health Regen.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Raid and Arena: play aggressive. Even heavy-dash and special-dash are OK.
    AM: fight with maximum caution. Use ranged game to find opening. No or minimum block. Refrain from using melee heavy when enemy has special.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    MLLLH/MLLHS, ranged when useful.
  • Well, there are a multitude of playstyles based on which character you're using.
    For me, I love it when it's dancing around with the Opponent or playing aggressively.

When I fight aggressively, and make sure to proc some DoT debuffs or use some of my beneficial Buffs. I just love dashing into the Opponent and then bashing them around. Favorites for this: Primal, Motormaster, Cheetor, Tantrum, Bludgeon, Windblade, Drift, Optimus Prime G1 and G1 Megs.

It's usually fun to dance around the enemy, since you don't really know who's gonna slip up first and get the first shot in. When I dance around with the A.I, I make sure to use a character that's more equipped with in ranged fights to make the fight more beneficial. Favorites for this: Galvatron, Shockwave, Mixmaster, Waspinator, Mirage, Arcee, and Hot Rod.
  • I have many teams, but the most fun for Story and Event quests is possibly a full Beast Wars team. Yeah, that may seem biased, but that Beast Purfication synergy is an absolute beast (pun intended). It consists of:
    •5* Cheetor
    •4* Optimus Primal
    •4* Rhinox
    •4*Scorponok
    •3* Waspinator

Dinobot would be there, but he's not as good as the others. Buff him Kabam. Pls.

Also love the G1 Megs team and usually throw a 4* Prowl or a Galvatron on there as well.

AM team consists of the same Cheetor and Rhinox along with a 4* Mixmaster. Cheetor''s 5* Scout synergy syncs well with Mixmaster's critical rate. Rhinox has a great DoT synergy with Mixdaddy as well.
  • I have many teams, but the most fun for Story and Event quests is possibly a full Beast Wars team. Yeah, that may seem biased, but that Beast Purfication synergy is an absolute beast (pun intended). It consists of:
    •5* Cheetor
    •4* Optimus Primal
    •4* Rhinox
    •4*Scorponok
    •3* Waspinator

Dinobot would be there, but he's not as good as the others. Buff him Kabam. Pls.

Also love the G1 Megs team and usually throw a 4* Prowl or a Galvatron on there as well.

AM team consists of the same Cheetor and Rhinox along with a 4* Mixmaster. Cheetor''s 5* Scout synergy syncs well with Mixmaster's critical rate. Rhinox has a great DoT synergy with Mixdaddy as well.

My current team is: 5* MV1, 5* G1 Bee, 5* G1 Megs, 4* Demohide, 4* Nanojack. The basic idea here is to load up Demohide and Nanojack with Crits, Armour, Attack and Upgrades. Surprisingly, this works( most of the time). I mean, there isn't a lot that can stand up to an R5 awakened Demohide with increased Attack, Defense, Power Rate and Criticals. And trust me when I say that there's no feeling as satisfying as using an Sp3 with all the above add-ons + Obliteration kicking in.
    •5* Cheetor
    •4* Optimus Primal
    •4* Rhinox
    •4*Scorponok
    •3* Waspinator

My current team is: 5* MV1, 5* G1 Bee, 5* G1 Megs, 4* Demohide, 4* Nanojack. The basic idea here is to load up Demohide and Nanojack with Crits, Armour, Attack and Upgrades. Surprisingly, this works( most of the time). I mean, there isn't a lot that can stand up to an R5 awakened Demohide with increased Attack, Defense, Power Rate and Criticals. And trust me when I say that there's no feeling as satisfying as using an Sp3 with all the above add-ons + Obliteration kicking in.

Never thought of that one before! Sounds absolutely deadly to me cause that Ironhide SP3 can hurt. I learned that the hard way.
    •5* Cheetor
    •4* Optimus Primal
    •4* Rhinox
    •4*Scorponok
    •3* Waspinator

I've always wanted a Beast Team, but the only 4*( let alone 5*) versions of BW characters I've got are Rhinox and Primal. Maybe someday when I get lucky and pull that 5* Cheetor or (daresay) Scorponok.
    •5* Cheetor
    •4* Optimus Primal
    •4* Rhinox
    •4*Scorponok
    •3* Waspinator

I've always wanted a Beast Team, but the only 4*( let alone 5*) versions of BW characters I've got are Rhinox and Primal. Maybe someday when I get lucky and pull that 5* Cheetor or (daresay) Scorponok.

You would get it eventually, considering that the game is just sitting in place at the moment. I never thought I would get a 5* Cheetor, but turns out he was my first 5*! So one day, you would get them. One day.

Also, what's wrong with Scorponok? I consider him to be one of my favorites in the Beast Wars team and as a Warrior
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    Super aggressive. Anyone remember scrappers in City of Heroes? That’s why I love OG OP.

Throw SP1 and dash in to proc Bleed and watch opponents hemorrage in seconds!
  • @ScarredArachnid333 You misunderstand me, I meant that Scorponok is rare, even for a 5*. Come to think of it, I don't think he's even been released in Crystals yet.

I totally agree though. Scorps is the best BW Bot. Even a 3* version can take out higher-level 4* Bots.
  • Vavatron wrote: »
    Super aggressive. Anyone remember scrappers in City of Heroes? That’s why I love OG OP.

Doesn't that backfire against Bots like Dinobot and Mixdaddy? How do you take on Evasive opponents like this?
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    @ScarredArachnid333 You misunderstand me, I meant that Scorponok is rare, even for a 5*. Come to think of it, I don't think he's even been released in Crystals yet.

I totally agree though. Scorps is the best BW Bot. Even a 3* version can take out higher-level 4* Bots.

Ah, ok. I thought you meant that you didn't want him when you said daresay. Thanks for summing it up.

Scorps is definitely a great bot. Great utility with the Venom Backfires, Daze is really useful against Ranged Specials, great DoT, and he has the amazing Regen. Surprsing for a character that was pretty much useless for the whole show, but I like Kabam's spin on him.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Vavatron wrote: »

Doesn't that backfire against Bots like Dinobot and Mixdaddy? How do you take on Evasive opponents like this?

By spending money and driving my PI sky high. Just kidding (sort of).

I use other bots play styles as required, but generally that’s what I do.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    AM: Dodge masters, unite. Go spammers!

Raid: All out attack with 1 tank, 1 demo, 1 tact.

Arenas: Kill, kill, kill, SANDBAG.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Raid: autofight
    Arena: autofight
    Easy to Hard Spotlight: autofight

:D:D:D
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

You either have God-Tier Bots, or God-Tier luck. Either way, I hope you get nerfed XD
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    AM: Dodge masters, unite. Go spammers!

Raid: All out attack with 1 tank, 1 demo, 1 tact.

Arenas: Kill, kill, kill, SANDBAG.

Me in Solo Missions: *comes up with carefully-crafted plans and Synergies after intense planning*

Me in Alliance Missions/ Raids using my Megatronus: "COME AT ME BROS!! I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!"
  • Vavatron wrote: »
    Vavatron wrote: »

By spending money and driving my PI sky high. Just kidding (sort of).

I use other bots play styles as required, but generally that’s what I do.

"I play aggressively"
    *Laughs in Bonecrusher*
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    What's your playstyle and preferred Bot/Team/Synergy? How does your playstyle work in which scenario? Shoot!

I have a bad habit of attacking the block of an enemy bot to create space, then back off and play the ranged game.

Usually works well until I run into shock block lanes or focus frenzy.

This is why I tend to rely on beast teams.. allows me to purify the debuffs I incur.

When I use other bots, I constantly forget about shock block and melt myself into oblivion.
  • Oh I love this thread. I'm a big advocate of discussions like this.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to observe and take notes.
  • I'm usually a counter fighter. Except against Robotronus. I go ham on that one. :D

My go-to bots are Primal, Scorp, Cheetor, Nanojack & Tronus. I like anti DOT & repair, they make up for stupid mistakes. And for the random dashing too. ;)
  • KenKen Posts: 53
    Just aggravate Megatronus

Heavy spam
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Faithz17 wrote: »

You either have God-Tier Bots, or God-Tier luck. Either way, I hope you get nerfed XD

I have some R4 5* bots like wasp, primal, Cheetor, OG OP, IH, Shockwave. I’m just waiting for Grimlock to be duped before I R4 him. They can kill a few things on their own. :p
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    Faithz17 wrote: »

I have some R4 5* bots like wasp, primal, Cheetor, OG OP, IH, Shockwave. I’m just waiting for Grimlock to be duped before I R4 him. They can kill a few things on their own. :p

SO
    God-Tier Bots it is
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited February 2019

If it isn't me, beat the ever-living hell out of it. Primarily with Galvatron.
  • PhatBoy123 wrote: »

If it isn't me, beat the ever-living hell out of it. Primarily with Galvatron.

BC would like to: Know your location
  • In Alliance Missions I use my maxed and awakened 4 star Bludgeon, Ramjet, and rank 4 Cyclonus. I use Bludgeon and Ramjet to clear the path for Cyclonus to take on Primal.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    tap tap swipe tap tap tap swipe
    tap tap swipe tap tap tap swipe tap

sometimes
    tap tap tap swipe swipe or tap tap tap swipe tap and hold

the rest of the time I anticipate and counter
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    DaveJL wrote: »
    tap tap swipe tap tap tap swipe
    tap tap swipe tap tap tap swipe tap

sometimes
    tap tap tap swipe swipe or tap tap tap swipe tap and hold