Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Anyone else having serious movement issues?

Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed my bots just freezing, dashing forward out of nowhere, firing off sp1 randomly, dropping a block mid combo, stopping attack in mid combo, instead of dashing back to dodge a special the dash forward to stick their face in it...and it seems the AI is ALWAYS ready for it...every time.
I seem to remember someone mentioning this a while back.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Kabam needs one of those little bug fix updates
    I keep getting thrown off the Forged To Fight app ):
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I’m so sorry to bother you guys but we’ve got some bugs in the game in need of fixing
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed my bots just freezing, dashing forward out of nowhere, firing off sp1 randomly, dropping a block mid combo, stopping attack in mid combo, instead of dashing back to dodge a special the dash forward to stick their face in it...and it seems the AI is ALWAYS ready for it...every time.

Really when I was playing against Map3 Optimus Primal this morning my SP1 kept coming out for no reason I thought my thumb was touching it but maybe it’s a bug?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah. We lowered our AM today so we could get the IH achievements. Forest fight for me was absolutely perfect until IH dashed right into Grindor sp2 after dodging the first shot. There goes that achievement unless I spend.
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Really when I was playing against Map3 Optimus Primal this morning my SP1 kept coming out for no reason I thought my thumb was touching it but maybe it’s a bug?

Yeah same here....yet when I actually WANT to fire off a quick special I have to pound the button 3x to make it work
    edited February 2019

Yeah same here....yet when I actually WANT to fire off a quick special I have to pound the button 3x to make it work

Same here brother my button doesn’t work very fast a lot 😥
    I’m using a 6th generation IPad so it’s not my device
    No problem @Kabam Vydious you guys will fix it 👍
    Thank you for such a fast response
    @DrShotgun thanks so much for getting this thread up bro 👍
    Sounds like these bugs will go soon 😁
    I'll get together with Miike tomorrow and we'll see about getting a bug list out as we have over on MCOC. We know there are issues popping up, some older than others and we're sorry for it! Thank you all for your patience with this.

Hey I really appreciate you replying so quickly. Another hint that things are looking up:)
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited February 2019

Same here brother my button doesn’t work very fast a lot 😥
    I’m using a 6th generation IPad so it’s not my device

my fav is when you're tapping the sp bc you want to beat the AI before it fills a bar. The screen darkens and you let your thumbs go to watch the sp animation and it is the AI's sp.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Over the last couple of YEARS I've noticed my bots just freezing, dashing forward out of nowhere, firing off sp1 randomly, dropping a block mid combo, stopping attack in mid combo, instead of dashing back to dodge a special the dash forward to stick their face in...

Fixed it for you.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Actually,
    It's gotten WORSE today (25 Feb 2019)
    Longer loading times, wonky animations, FC on the following:

Motorola G5S Plus (SD625, Android 8.1)
    Motorola ONE (SD625, Android 9.0)
    Motorola C Plus (MT6737, Android 7.0)*
    Motorola E5 Plus (SD425, Android 8.1)*
    Motorola M (Helio P15, Android 7.0)*

*No FC
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Actually,

*No FC

have you ever tested with hardware acceleration on? I'm curious if that will help..at the cost of the phone's battery
  • I experience random dashing too. Usually occurs when I happen to tilt my phone. It's as if movement is affected by the phone's accelerometer & gyroscope.
  • The random dashes are probably due to the ability to swipe right on the right side of the screen. Why is this even a possibility?
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    You are awesome @ScarredArachnid333
    Another thing I've noticed is when the opponent rushes in and I use the normal sidestep attack but I get hit as if I didn't move. This is happening more and more.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Yeah. We lowered our AM today so we could get the IH achievements. Forest fight for me was absolutely perfect until IH dashed right into Grindor sp2 after dodging the first shot. There goes that achievement unless I spend.

Just open some AS crystals and I’m sure you’ll get a revive kit or two.
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Just open some AS crystals and I’m sure you’ll get a revive kit or two.

Yeah I have a few stashed away
    Voltron wrote: »
    Actually,

*No FC

have you ever tested with hardware acceleration on? I'm curious if that will help..at the cost of the phone's battery

I've tried resource/GPU acceleration, kill BG processes, etc.
    No dice.
    On the aforementioned devices, been wonky the last 72hr.

But not on 2GHz+ MediaTek with Mali T720+ chips.

Qualcomm dodginess is indeed partly to blame, besides the obvious
    Actually,

*No FC

No dice.

thanks! I was going through the settings on my Note 8 and saw the cpu acceleration settings. i was curious if it would help. I know it helps for people that uses their phone heavily for web-surfing and youtube.
    Actually,

*No FC

No dice.

thanks! I was going through the settings on my Note 8 and saw the cpu acceleration settings. i was curious if it would help. I know it helps for people that uses their phone heavily for web-surfing and youtube.

@Voltron nothing to do with your CPU or GPU.
    SD835 is still flagship spec, and that CPU boost won't have any effect as the game runs at full FPS (but not max Graphics) on Androids with minimum 4x 1.4GHz cores and adreno 308/mali t720.
    It's sweet spot (FPS wise) is 8x 2.0GHz and mali t860. Anything higher you'll get HD graphics but overheating, crashes, freezes, lag, etc.
    It's the optimization.
    Which is 1 size fits all.
    Can't really blame them. So many SoCs.
    @Voltron nothing to do with your CPU or GPU.
    SD835 is still flagship spec, and that CPU boost won't have any effect as the game runs at full FPS (but not max Graphics) on Androids with minimum 4x 1.4GHz cores and adreno 308/mali t720.
    It's sweet spot (FPS wise) is 8x 2.0GHz and mali t860. Anything higher you'll get HD graphics but overheating, crashes, freezes, lag, etc.
    It's the optimization.
    Which is 1 size fits all.
    Can't really blame them. So many SoCs.

sorry! that was a typo..GPU not CPU..but I see what you're saying on not hitting max
    @Voltron F2F CONFIRMED running MAX GPU settings on The following:
    - iOS A12
    - iOS A11x
    - SD8150 (adreno 640)
    - SD675 (adreno 612)
    - Helio P90 (powerVR GM9946)
    - Helio P70 (mali G72)
  • Not only am I experiencing most of the stuff in the OP, in the last several days I'm getting horrible input lag even when the phone is not particularly hot.

Movement swipes don't register, or the movement happens after a fractional delay. Which means I can't react to opponents, I have to anticipate, run patterns, and sometimes just randomly dodge all over the place and hope to get lucky.

It SUCKS. It makes the game almost unplayable. I'm losing arena progress over fights that I could normally handle with little effort.
  • Not only am I experiencing most of the stuff in the OP, in the last several days I'm getting horrible input lag even when the phone is not particularly hot.

Movement swipes don't register, or the movement happens after a fractional delay. Which means I can't react to opponents, I have to anticipate, run patterns, and sometimes just randomly dodge all over the place and hope to get lucky.

It SUCKS. It makes the game almost unplayable. I'm losing arena progress over fights that I could normally handle with little effort.

What device?
    Not only am I experiencing most of the stuff in the OP, in the last several days I'm getting horrible input lag even when the phone is not particularly hot.

Yes on all accounts.
    Plus a newly HYPERSENSITIVE tendency for the screen to 'flip over'/auto-rotate during fights.
    Especially when lying down.
    No fun at higher level arenas.
  • What device?
    Oh, my phone is garbage and I know it. But I'm complaining about recently worse behavior that I wasn't seeing before.

However -- the manufacturer (LG) just pushed out a system update a few days ago, so I suppose that's probably the primary suspect.

If you really need to know, it's an LG Stylo 2 V. After a few fights, TFTF runs like molasses on it. The freezer is my friend, and playing in a dark room at 0% screen brightness can help too.

SEE, KABAM? See how much we love this game!?!?!?! :p:D
    What device?
    Oh, my phone is garbage and I know it. But I'm complaining about recently worse behavior that I wasn't seeing before.

However -- the manufacturer (LG) just pushed out a system update a few days ago, so I suppose that's probably the primary suspect.

If you really need to know, it's an LG Stylo 2 V. After a few fights, TFTF runs like molasses on it. The freezer is my friend, and playing in a dark room at 0% screen brightness can help too.

SEE, KABAM? See how much we love this game!?!?!?! :p:D

Your phone is DECIDEDLY NOT CRAP.

The LG Stylo 2V is MediaTek P10 powered, an octa 1.8GHz + mali t860 combo which i wholeheartedly RECOMMEND. In fact, this repertoire never fails me in the motorola moto m (helio p10/p15; 4-32GB)

It's let down by 2 factors.
    1. RAM - unfortunately LG decided to go with 2GB, so BG processes need to be kept at bay. Before a proper session, do a soft reboot.
    2. Android 6.0 - those lazy gits at LG should've done 7.0 for this phone by now. Marshmallow makes any device laggy.
  • Thanks @BlackRazak for the helpful info!