Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is it possible to Fully explore Master with a 4 star team rank 5s with out using revives?

If anyone has done it this month, what bots did you use for chapter 3.1 and 3.2?
Tagged:

Comments

• McBusket wrote: »
    If anyone has done it this month, what bots did you use for chapter 3.1 and 3.2?

giphy.gif
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    McBusket wrote: »

There are ninjas out there telling me i should be able to.
    Did it with 2x revives and 2x life refill.
    Team was R5 G1 Megs, R5 Galv, R5 MM, R5 Barricade, R5 Shockwave.

I think an R5 G1 Megs + R5 Megatronus + R5 Wheeljack is the great equalizer
  • Rank 5 4-Stars? Absolutely. Without using revives? That's where it gets hard. It is definitely possible to do with some skilled gameplay, but Expert is not meant to be something that is easy to achieve, so slipping up can be very dangerous.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Rank 5 4-Stars? Absolutely. Without using revives? That's where it gets hard. It is definitely possible to do with some skilled gameplay, but Expert is not meant to be something that is easy to achieve, so slipping up can be very dangerous.

Yeah I had to spend about 500+ energon on squad revives and repairs, specifically for the last 2 paths on primal's level... For obvious reasons
  • Rank 5 4-Stars? Absolutely. Without using revives? That's where it gets hard. It is definitely possible to do with some skilled gameplay, but Expert is not meant to be something that is easy to achieve, so slipping up can be very dangerous.

As I stated in two other threads, in this special mission, I got through complete exploration up to 3.1 in Expert Mode without using Energon, revives, or repairs. The last Mission in Expert is where I used Energon for repair & revive... Focused Frenzy was a bad path in particular. And if Expert was a problem, Master is even worse. Now I’ll be the first to tell you I’m no elite player like some of the best players are, but my bots are getting stronger through upgrading, forging, & Improved dodging. One day, I may actually beat Expert without needing Energon just with 4* bots. Master? That’s gonna require more skill, some seriously ranked up 5* bots, and probably the right team w/ great bot synergies.

I used the following bots in most of the Expert paths for 3.1 & 3.2: Max 4* Megatronus, Max 4* Bonecrusher, Max 4* Tantrum, Max 4* Nanojack, & R2 5* Barricade (all bots were duped).
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2019
    Yes, you should be able to fully explore master without revives or repairs.

1) You need to have the right mix of bots to tackle different types of lanes.

2) they should be fully forged (although an unforged Cyclonus is still amazing on focus frenzy lane)

3) you need to utilize synergies

4) you need to know when and where to break off and split your path in order to maximize survivability.

5) you need some skills (obviously).
  • Depends on the combo of bots and mods really.... I won’t be going against primal again, as I have nothing left. No revives or repairs.

If the mods are easier than primal’s, it’s entirely possible. A few of the later spotlights were quite manageable compared to primal, even g1 megs last month was fairly tough.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    with max forge yes, depending on spotlight 😁
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481

https://youtu.be/XGO-4V4proQ

Above is a link of 3.1 with 4 stars. I ran the hardest path. No idea what I was thinking against lol but I hope this helps you brother.
    Rank 5 4-Stars? Absolutely. Without using revives? That's where it gets hard. It is definitely possible to do with some skilled gameplay, but Expert is not meant to be something that is easy to achieve, so slipping up can be very dangerous.

You mean Master I hope? Cause if you aren’t beating Expert with R4 5 stars I have no idea what you are doing miike lol
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    BOFAD wrote: »

Above is a link of 3.1 with 4 stars. I ran the hardest path. No idea what I was thinking against lol but I hope this helps you brother.

Thank you @BOFAD

How about a 3.2 hardest path with 4 stars lol some of us 4 star people need that epic T3c to finally rank up our 5stars to the next level to make master just a tad bit easier. ;) we cant all be @Inqosly no matter how much we watch his YouTube! Haha
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    Correction T3A @BOFAD
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Before 5* bots were a thing, people were clearing master spotlight with 4* bots. Usually R5 and maxed forged. So many videos from great players and some even clearing master with their team B bots.

@BOFAD would love to see a video of your 4* bots against 3.2 focused frenzy path. I’m surprised you still have such strong 4* bots though.
    BOFAD wrote: »

Thank you @BOFAD

How about a 3.2 hardest path with 4 stars lol some of us 4 star people need that epic T3c to finally rank up our 5stars to the next level to make master just a tad bit easier. ;) we cant all be @Inqosly no matter how much we watch his YouTube! Haha

I will say the easiest way to do it is to break down the paths in 3.2. I can record that but to do all of the hardest paths with four stars is really difficult. That frenzy mod tends to make bots much more aggressive. They rush you, back up, and block a lot more than they normally do.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Before 5* bots were a thing, people were clearing master spotlight with 4* bots. Usually R5 and maxed forged. So many videos from great players and some even clearing master with their team B bots.

@BOFAD would love to see a video of your 4* bots against 3.2 focused frenzy path. I’m surprised you still have such strong 4* bots though.

There was no master before 5* bots what are you on? Why do you think each and every fight in master is a 5* bot lol.