Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Anyone else tired of losing friends to boredom?

This is the first time I have ever created a discussion. It's sad, because I hate to stir up issues, but I can am so frustrated right now. Kabam will not give out any information about any changes. It's been 2 spotlights now since the change of not bringing out new bots. Everytime a administrator says something, it's nothing but a cryptic hint at stuff to come but nothing to actually give us hope. during all this we have long time players who just give up because they're bored. players that played with for years who just do not see the point of continuing to grind the same thing day in and day out. Maybe this is Kabams goal so that when they do close the game down all the long time players are already gone. I don't know what I expect this discussion to lead to except probably just more frustrated individuals venting along with me, but the administrator's need to recognize what they're doing to the player base. If their goal is not to lose all the long-time core players do they have to give us more transparent information. If their goal is to do just that and I guess they're doing a really good job. All I can do is beg that they give us more specific details on what they're working on so that some of these players that I played with for years we'll have something to try to keep them going. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Comments

• Options
    I’m in the same boat mate, have been practically begging them for answers, even calling them out directly, to no avail. Nothing. Cryptic hints only serve to increase scepticism.

A straight answer would be appreciated
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Maybe they aren't able to say anything?

There is a very good reason developers don't communicate ideas and intentions - it's because if it doesn't come to fruition or doesn't work in testing or needs balancing etc then it works against them.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    dp7z8buuuxw5.png
    2z7v9vbpizkk.png
    6dw5lxgs9akw.png
    The truth you seek is right here
    Kabam is working on something @Kabam Vydious continues to say this
    STOP 🛑 giving Kabam Team grief they are an amazing team working on something new please give Kabam some time to work

PS Vydious couldn’t have stated it any clearer please give Kabam time
    Please stop making ending Kabam threads, Just like this one! 😕
    Kabam is not done😁, remember we haven’t seen much of 2019 yet 😆
  • Options
    Till now some of my buddy’s stopped playing. There are good accounts left in the back.
    You now playing a game on phone is kind of wasting Time but playing a game that stopped already is just stupid. I really like this kind of waste time but I also get tired.. sommer comes soon 😜 so let’s hope this game will make more fun than beach and sun
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm a little late to this, but I wanted to drop by and do what I can to assure you otherwise of your thoughts but I also don't want to draw hope that you don't want to bank on. I can understand that I definitely can! As @Mr_Wonderful said "Cryptic hints only serve to increase skepticism", and this can certainly be true! I never want to shut down your concerns or worries, thoughts-- just because you aren't on the same boat as the rest of us doesn't mean you aren't wrong in how you're feeling.

I can't change that, but I can do what I can to ensure you that things are happening! I don't want to sound like a broken record and since @Jazz444 posted my pieces I won't repeat myself, but I'm happy to answer what questions I can without going too much into detail if it isn't possible. As @DaveJL had said, we can't say things all the time, but it doesn't mean we don't want to. Patience is something we ask for in this and in it, you are free to be frustrated with the wait. But hold on! It's not over!
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm a little late to this, but I wanted to drop by and do what I can to assure you otherwise of your thoughts but I also don't want to draw hope that you don't want to bank on. I can understand that I definitely can! As @Mr_Wonderful said "Cryptic hints only serve to increase skepticism", and this can certainly be true! I never want to shut down your concerns or worries, thoughts-- just because you aren't on the same boat as the rest of us doesn't mean you aren't wrong in how you're feeling.

I can't change that, but I can do what I can to ensure you that things are happening! I don't want to sound like a broken record and since @Jazz444 posted my pieces I won't repeat myself, but I'm happy to answer what questions I can without going too much into detail if it isn't possible. As @DaveJL had said, we can't say things all the time, but it doesn't mean we don't want to. Patience is something we ask for in this and in it, you are free to be frustrated with the wait. But hold on! It's not over!

My thoughts aren’t out of dislike, or scepticism. It’s out of concern. No other mobile game has had the attention I’ve given it (no, not even the ‘other’ game). I want this game to do well, we all do, but you can understand the concern we all had when there was little new announcement, no new bots, moving into reforged missions. Sure it’s good to run past them at a higher difficulty than before, especially for newer players who have gaps in the story to fill, but spotlights were all about the new bot.

Please, please understand from our view, it’s easy for us all to assume the game was ending at that point, especially with all the love mcoc was getting. We’d love to have regular gauntlets, or capt. marvel style events. Doesn’t need new bots, just a single map with increasing difficulty and a change of mods. A challenge, and something different. Just copy and paste the event and rename it, and boom, happy players. These events are regular as clockwork on mcoc, it’s easy for us to feel neglected in comparison.

A lot of content has been suggested, like alliance wars, a new AM map, a new AM lineup, stuff like that. Implementing these things would bring a very happy player base back to the game. It works over there, why not bring it here? Seems like a no brainer to me.

It’s a great game, with limitless potential. We don’t want to see it wasted. Inaction can have consequences just as severe as a negative action. In other words, not bringing anything new to the game may be just as detrimental as bringing out new, but unpleasant content. I’d take a continuation of the story line without new bots over reforged missions any day. We are all curious about megatronus’s plan, the name dropping of combiners and titans, it’s a great story. Would love to see more of where that leads.

Just to clarify, I don’t believe the game was about to end. But I had reservations over the direction it was going in. All we ask for is the same adoring love in this game as mcoc gets from the same team. Tftf can be just as big, if not bigger, if given the chance to shine. Look at the fighting mechanics, the variety of bots, the balance of good bots, all of it has the potential to be the market leader of beat em up’s if you just give it the chance to do so.
  • Options
    Hey All,

First, let me say in the surest way that we have so far, the game is not shutting down. We still have a lot to look forward to, and with the 2nd Anniversary of the Fight on the horizon, you can look forward to more information very soon. I know that you want to hear moire than "soon", but that's all we can say right now!

I know that you guys have given us a lot of great feedback and ideas, and we are working to address your concerns. This doesn't mean that we'll be able to implement everything right away, or some things at all.

Standby Commanders. Information is on its way.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hey All,

First, let me say in the surest way that we have so far, the game is not shutting down. We still have a lot to look forward to, and with the 2nd Anniversary of the Fight on the horizon, you can look forward to more information very soon. I know that you want to hear moire than "soon", but that's all we can say right now!

I know that you guys have given us a lot of great feedback and ideas, and we are working to address your concerns. This doesn't mean that we'll be able to implement everything right away, or some things at all.

This has been one of the better posts in a long while. With the mention of the 2nd anniversary, we're giving some sort of idea on timing. No specifics (which is fine), but we now have a ballpark figure to go on.

Also, moire:
    moi·re
    /mwär/
    noun
    1. silk fabric that has been subjected to heat and pressure rollers after weaving to give it a rippled appearance.

adjective
    1. (of silk) having a rippled, lustrous finish.

I guess hearing this is okay, but I'd rather have "soon."
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    I can’t wait to see it all @Kabam Vydious and @Kabam Miike 😁
    Keep up the good work Kabam Team it’s so appropriated 😊
    I’m so excited to celebrate the 2year Anniversary soon 😆
  • Options
    Hey All,

As long as it is not an April Fools' Day joke.

Certainly memory leak and then app not responding is the biggest gripe here.

Nonetheless, we'll wait and see. 🙂
  • Options
    Hey All,

Let me start out by says thank you for the very clear response, I honestly wasn't expecting one. I also think this is the first time any moderator has come out and said clearly that "the game isn't shutting down". Ever since kabam said there would be no more new bots and we would just be redoing old levels again at newer difficulty levels, the community has been a buzz with speculation around the game shutting down. Ever since then, no one has said clearly what you did. Only given more cryptic replies. Of course we still have to hope the updates will include something good and new but at least we now have your reassurance about the future!
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Well said, @Moonhowler001 .
    TBH, all this nerd rage and toxicity on the forums really bums me out.
    I love me some F2F, it's in fact a pretty large part of my life...but it remains what it is, a well crafted and wonderful game.
    Heck, it's free, and the quality is truly superb.
    I get that some players who've spent tonnes of dosh may feel somewhat entitled to an explanation/plans from the devs, but c'mon. Again, it's a FREE game.
    Incessant whining, doom mongering and snarkiness only shows what kind of person you are, and completely unhelpful for the newer players.
    Like those loser kids who swear and challenge authority for no valid purpose other than to look cool.
    You can argue all you want, but i think my point remains valid.
    Chill, enjoy and observe.
    Time will tell, but i applaud @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Vydious and Co for their measured response and communications with the "adult" gamer base.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    My alliance has been pretty solid... credit to our fearless leader. I just worry about my sweet Nidrob (I can’t keep tagging him, or else he’ll start ignoring me like Kabam Miike)
  • Options
    Hey All,

I have been waiting for this my whole life
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    That’s a solid post @Manthro !

Love those suggestions and solution oriented!
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Well said @Manthro
    Definitely need more posts like this.
    All your points make sense, as "10s of millions" of downloads do squat at retaining an active player base.

Especially agree with the welcome bundle, and I'd like to add; more milestones, along the lines of say 100, 200, 500 successful raid defense, 1K successful raids, etc.
    The rewards don't match the effort.
    Noobs look at 5000Pi bots and quit instantly.
    Some on my AM are level 50 yet have raided less than 50 times.
    Some don't even have a base defense set up at level 40!
    Why? Non tangible rewards.
    Heck even give rewards or relics to those who are actually helpful in forums, based on points.
    That way you get less non constructive gibberish cluttering the forums.