Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Do Movie Megatron's impair charges count as a debuff for game purposes?

I'm a little unsure as to whether impair charges are classified as debuffs. They have a red icon that is usually reserved for debuffs, but they don't seem to follow normal debuff rules.

I tried a test in the latest Spotlight mission with Prowl (who is immune to all debuffs). The impair charges worked on Prowl normally, so it appears they're not technically debuffs, but I'm unsure as to whether that's a game bug or not.

Maybe someone from Kabam can clarify whether these are technically 'debuffs' for game mechanics purposes?

Another example of where this might apply or not apply, is with Megatronus's Relic of Obedience. If impair charges don't count as debuffs, does that mean that they can accumulate as normal when the Relic of Obedience procs?

Comments

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    before spotlight ends fight the prowl miniboss, if impair charges don’t work then they are debuffs
  • Options
    @Kitten, reread the OP. :)
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited February 2019
    no they don't - I tried it with the despair mastery to see if it affected a bots regen ability

it's almost like a "charge" debuff I think
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    No, they're passive charges, similar to Blaster's Amp charges
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    3x556kz6c9vy.png

If you read the bots ability description it clearly says how it works, if it was a debuf it would say on the description.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the wording isn't always clear, and some of it is missing entirely. For example, Prowl can stun on his ranged attacks, but it's not listed in his abilities anymore.

Also, the red 'debuff' icon had me confused. All debuffs are usually red icons. Maybe a different colour would have made things clearer.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Exofilter purifies all debuffs or when 3 are inflicted, impair charges don't get purified so... Guess not?
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Thanks for all the comments.