Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Question for Kabam.

NemesisUnknownNemesisUnknown Posts: 113
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Recently Sony announced the Sony Xperia 1. The world's first smartphone with a 4K HDR OLED Display with their first X1 Chip from their Bravia TV collection. Which is great, it'll make the game really pop in colour and make everything beautiful.

However, the phone has an aspect ratio of 21:9, instead of 18:9 or 16:9. Meaning the phone is very tall, it's specifically made for movie watching (since movies are filmed in 21:9) and for gaming. Will Transformers Forged to Fight on the Xperia 1 be full screen (ultra-wide) from the get go, or will it have gigantic black bars until an update comes for it to run natively on a 21:9 screen. Also one more question, will Kabam be taking full advantage of the screen and powerful chipset (Snapdragon 855) inside the phone?

King regards, awaiting your answer.
67dqz1hqdu07.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    given the past history of phones with notch id say that it’ll require an optimization update to fit in that screen unless ofcourse kabam has already done that in previous optimization updates
  • Options
    NemesisUnknownNemesisUnknown Posts: 113
    edited February 2019
    Slayer wrote: »
    given the past history of phones with notch id say that it’ll require an optimization update to fit in that screen unless ofcourse kabam has already done that in previous optimization updates

It's the first phone to have a 21:9 screen, so I'd say it most likely will need an optimization update, but who knows. Kabam might already be on the ball.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited February 2019
    @NemesisUnknown I'm using an 18:9 moto z3 play and a 16:9 moto m, what you'll get compared to traditional 16:9 is
    1) a wider playing field; your characters will be zoomed out
    2) more characters per row; 16:9 allows for 4 characters to be shown in your roster, 18:9 displays 5 bots/row, and 21:9 shows 6/row.

And I've seen an Android display of 21:9 (admittedly just 2560*1080, an Allwinner Expo Display panel), it really makes the bots look tiny
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Slayer wrote: »

It's the first phone to have a 21:9 screen, so I'd so it most likely will need an optimization update, but who knows. Kabam might already be on the ball.

Exactly My point