Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Game assets not loading. Any ideas?

This happened to me previously, but I can't remember how I accidentally fixed it. I have sent a ticket to support, but last time they weren't able to help. I was left to work it out for myself.

Does anyone know how to fix game assets not loading. I get lots of spinning wheels instead of images. I can't see offers in the store, just blank images. I have missing IDs for descriptions of some bot abilities and monthly objectives.

Some of the icons for crystals etc. eventually load, but some don't. It also takes ages for the game to load things like the Spotlight missions.

I have reinstalled the game, but to no avail.

Has anyone worked out how to solve this issue previously?
Tagged:

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Clear RAM, reboot.
    Worst case: clean reinstall
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Had a support response. Told me to power down my phone and reinstall.

Still no luck. My base bots are just black silhouettes.
    Here are some issues. gnkdaoqreojw.jpg
    hiw57j9mdcuq.jpg
    hh49vbwiy8cn.jpg
    z96de21sc6wj.jpg
    9b1uonxk8lm2.jpg
    7r6b4wfjzjbx.jpg
    Nutjob wrote: »
    Here are some issues. gnkdaoqreojw.jpg
    hiw57j9mdcuq.jpg
    hh49vbwiy8cn.jpg
    z96de21sc6wj.jpg
    9b1uonxk8lm2.jpg
    7r6b4wfjzjbx.jpg

@Nutjob ok here goes:
    Phone model, carrier, OS version, phone specs, etc.

Will try and fix in REQUIREMENTS thread
    @BlackRazak Ouch, thanks.

It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, OS 9 (latest Android), China Mobile ... anything else?

This problem started a couple of days ago.
    @Nutjob
    Good device.
    If it's running 9.0 with security update February 2019, I've replicated the issue with a Pixel 3.
    However, no issues with 9.0 on older devices (Motorola ONE, X4, Z3P but these are all SD6xx series phones)
    @DrShotgun also having Graphical Issues with his SD710 Oppo R17.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious over to you guys.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Nutjob
    Good device.
    If it's running 9.0 with security update February 2019, I've replicated the issue with a Pixel 3.
    However, no issues with 9.0 on older devices (Motorola ONE, X4, Z3P but these are all SD6xx series phones)
    @DrShotgun also having Graphical Issues with his SD710 Oppo R17.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious over to you guys.

You're a champion, Black. It may well have started when the latest version of Android updated a few days ago. The timing would make sense.

It's making the game very difficult to play. Even selling items is difficult, because I can't see what I should sell!

As a side note, although fights seem to be unaffected, loading times for various missions are through the roof. I keep closing the game, because I think it's hanging when I try to enter Spotlight mission choices etc.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Custos

Please gentlemen, I'm begging for your help. Support asked me to reinstall the game, which I have done ... about 8 times. I followed their instructions to the letter.

Now I have been left with a vague comment that it's been passed onto the game team.

The game is all but unplayable at the moment. I can't properly participate in the Shark Week, which is depressing. I'm also struggling to complete my monthly goals. It's a real battle just to help my alliance in AM.

I can't even sell expiring items, because I can't see what they are or see what's in my inventory.

I have invested a lot of money into this game. I just ask that someone helps me to make it playable again, because I believe I deserve it. If you look at my purchase history, you'll see that it's considerable.

I just want the game to be functional. I have been supportive throughout its 2 year history and need a little bit of help for a change.
  • IvanTyIvanTy Posts: 55
    edited March 2019
    Want to solve your problem?????????

wbj12uiyjr4p.jpg
    edited March 2019
    KABAM won't fix android issues anymore because they don't give update fix for a long time and treat android devices as trash.Same with all the game platforms like MCOC and this game. There to lazy to update cause android devices are too many to fix and each devices has their own separate problems and will cost a lot of money and their time. :D

@Nutjob If you are not convinced with what i have said i suggest to click on my profile here
    and see what device i have been playing for since the very beginning of this game. Too much bugs and crash in my s8+ that i quit the game and throw my s8+ on my garbage bin and buy an iphone XS max to play Marvel contest of champions instead.

Am i right? @Kabam Miike ??
    IvanTy wrote: »
    KABAM won't fix android issues anymore because they don't give update fix for a long time and treat android devices as trash.Same with all the game platforms like MCOC and this game. There to lazy to update cause android devices are too many to fix and each devices has their own separate problems and will cost a lot of money and their time. :D

@Nutjob If you are not convinced with what i have said i suggest to click on my profile here
    and see what device i have been playing for since the very beginning of this game. Too much bugs and crash in my s8+ that i quit the game and throw my s8+ on my garbage bin and buy an iphone XS max to play Marvel contest of champions instead.

There are countless games released on Android, including this one. If their strategy was to only support Apple, they never would have released this game for Android.

Some model combinations were probably affected by the newest version of Android, but considering newer phone hardware combinations seem to be affected, I think it's in their best interests to fix it.

I could understand if my phone was old, but it isn't. I simply can't upgrade to a newer phone to resolve this.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    IvanTy wrote: »

I have a Galaxy S6 and play both games,;they run fine. Sure there is lag here and there (not enough to cost fights) and, depending on the update, the game can be really glitchy, but with most updates (like the last one) the games run pretty smoothly. I'm able to participate in AM, Arena, Raids, and Spotlight just fine.

The decreased graphics are a bummer though.
    Suit yourself, @Nutjob . Don't say I haven't warned you. A cheapest iphone xr can play this game like day and night compared to android.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited March 2019
    This bug has plagued and scared away too many new players from my country because the Chinese version has those MSID_ASSET_XXXXXX all over the place instead of understandable translation. New players don't even know how to use a heavy or how to buy things in the raid store, they asked the same questions but this hasn't been fixed since Jetfire on Android. Even if you switch to English it's the same. Once you reinstall the game your device is doomed.
    Oh woe is thy name,
    Luckily REQUIREMENTS thread is there to help people of ALL BUDGETS continue the fight!
    @Nutjob
    If you've any device listed in my thread (not necessarily new or expensive), you're gold.
    I update frequently and even provide purchase links
    Oh woe is thy name,
    Luckily REQUIREMENTS thread is there to help people of ALL BUDGETS continue the fight!
    @Nutjob
    If you've any device listed in my thread (not necessarily new or expensive), you're gold.

My suspicion is that it relates to the release of Android Pie, but the idea of rolling back Android terrifies me. Do you think Kabam will release a patch to make the game compatible with the newest version of Android?
    Oh woe is thy name,
    @Nutjob

My suspicion is that it relates to the release of Android Pie, but the idea of rolling back Android terrifies me. Do you think Kabam will release a patch to make the game compatible with the newest version of Android?

They will.
    Don't worry, no rollback on your part.
    The cutting edge devices seem to encounter the niggles.
    I've checked!
    I've also sent them evidence afflicting some Exynos, SD845/8155, SD710 and P90 devices running on 9.0 Feb19 Security Update, which is the best i can do @Nutjob

But in the meantime , cost permitting, I'd go with a Dual Sim RoW market phone for
    1. As a spare travel device
    2. To play this game reliably.

There are MULTIPLE SUB $100 DEVICES that handle this game well

PM me if necessary
    Oh woe is thy name,
    @Nutjob

They will.
    Don't worry, no rollback on your part.
    The cutting edge devices seem to encounter the niggles.
    I've checked!
    I've also sent them evidence afflicting some Exynos, SD845/8155, SD710 and P90 devices running on 9.0 Feb19 Security Update, which is the best i can do @Nutjob

But in the meantime , cost permitting, I'd go with a Dual Sim RoW market phone for
    1. As a spare travel device
    2. To play this game reliably.

There are MULTIPLE SUB $100 DEVICES that handle this game well

PM me if necessary

Thanks for your advice. The fact that I'm in China complicates things. I usually visit Hong Kong for my devices, or else I can't use Google Play.

Does China version of Android have F2F in it's equivalent store?
    I'm curious @Nutjob
    Plenty of CHEAP great China market Androids.

Or you could go for China OEM with official Google builds, like Doogee or BV.
    Those are cheap and BRILLIANT
    @Nutjob
    Bluboo S8 Plus
    MTK6750T, 3-32GB, android 8.1
    $80
    oq2sbojv3ytw.jpg
  • MegatromMegatrom Posts: 121

Please gentlemen, I'm begging for your help. Support asked me to reinstall the game, which I have done ... about 8 times. I followed their instructions to the letter.

Now I have been left with a vague comment that it's been passed onto the game team.

The game is all but unplayable at the moment. I can't properly participate in the Shark Week, which is depressing. I'm also struggling to complete my monthly goals. It's a real battle just to help my alliance in AM.

I can't even sell expiring items, because I can't see what they are or see what's in my inventory.

I have invested a lot of money into this game. I just ask that someone helps me to make it playable again, because I believe I deserve it. If you look at my purchase history, you'll see that it's considerable.

I just want the game to be functional. I have been supportive throughout its 2 year history and need a little bit of help for a change.

That happen to me sometimes when i set my bots in next mission in the rocket
  • Nutjob wrote: »

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "vague comment". They do pass it along to the Game Team, same as us. When it comes to device performance with the game, it can be trickier to investigate and to fix but it doesn't mean we aren't actively looking into it. We are really sorry this keeps happening to you, but at the moment I can only reassure you that we are investigating issues like this and others involving different devices.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "vague comment". They do pass it along to the Game Team, same as us. When it comes to device performance with the game, it can be trickier to investigate and to fix but it doesn't mean we aren't actively looking into it. We are really sorry this keeps happening to you, but at the moment I can only reassure you that we are investigating issues like this and others involving different devices.

Thanks for the response. It's just difficult when you can't see what's happening and there are no updates. Maybe an e-mail from the 'game team' to ask for specific device information would give an impression that it is being investigated. That would also confirm that the hand-off wasn't lost.

From a customer perspective, it felt like a standard response. We'll look into it and see what we can do - your ticket is now closed - didn't fill me with hope.

I hope you understand from a customer's perspective.

I very much appreciate your post here. That gives me more confidence that it may be resolved.
  • Do all of you guys still have this problem? I've had this problem for basically half a year now, since I had a Xiaomi Pocophone F1 and upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10+, both running Android Pie/9.0. I upgraded and hoped that the problem would've been fixed, maybe just a problem with the Pocophone, but no avail. And sorry, I will not buy an iPhone cuz everything else about these android phones kick the iPhone's ass. I've sent like 3 tickets to Kabam and there were two updates but all of the problems were still unsolved. Kabam, can you please hurry up and fix this??

Pocophone F1:
    71sabp014i9p.png
    ysh0suco4upp.png
    jaxqh1b715ax.png
    1ur8oh5anrcv.png
    si5htgetu8uw.png
    h9bztrg5sh3b.png
    wzooh165827e.png
    mvtkbchi79kd.png

Samsung Galaxy S10+:
    5hryjhbgs84v.jpg
    44hsg573mb1a.jpg