Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

A.I and Evasion

Okay so, fair enough the A.I's dumber then even arcade machine programming, but can I ask why instead of working on improving the AI-

They decided to basically be worse then cheap Arcade machines and let them ignore animation and input limitations instead of actually balancing them?

Like, say, dodging and blocking before they even stand up fully? Or how about borderline precognitive attacks and blocks when charged? Or the literally so close as to mesh the animations of dodge and attack's counters.

If they want to incentivize buying things with real money, I'm sorry to say all this is doing is making me not want to give Kabam even a penny, and I've already made the mistake of putting $25-30 into this.

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
  • Options
    SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    With Hound's grenade and Mix's mine, its all timing. For the grenade, wait until it bounces off your head before dashing back. For Mix's mine, wait a bit over a half second after it drops before you sidestep.
  • Options
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    With Hound's grenade and Mix's mine, its all timing. For the grenade, wait until it bounces off your head before dashing back. For Mix's mine, wait a bit over a half second after it drops before you sidestep.

This. Keep practising at it and you’ll get it.

Use mixmaster in rok as practise. It doesn’t matter if you keep failing, you’ll get it eventually. Anything in this game can be dodged.

Prowl and bludgeon are probably the hardest to dodge, but again once you’ve got the timing, you’ll be laughing about it. Keep at it
  • Options
    Yea, Prowls sp2 shot gun seems like its unavoidable, I've never been able to avoid it i usually just block it.

Practise on bludgeon’s sp2 first. You need to backstep just as the cannon fires on the last hit of the sp2. Once you’ve got the hang of that, you’ll learn prowl’s. Just gotta watch for the screen darkening and be ready for it constantly or it’ll catch you off guard. He timing for dodging prowl needs to be exact though. Too early and it’ll still hit you.

Bludgeon is good practise though. It’ll help with the timing to learn. Just with mix’s sp2 mine and hounds sp2 grenade, your dodge needs to be at the exact time of the animation that’ll do the damage.