Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

My S9 looks worse then partners s8 and my old google pixel

Hello I have been trying to work out while my game looks worse then my old google pixel on my galaxy s9. So I thought maybe it's the mali GPU used with the exynos processors. But I installed the game on my partners samsung galaxy s8 and she doesn't have the issues I have and the game looks better. Is there any chance of a fix? I've also got a few graphics glitches that aren't happening on the s8 but are on the S9 I have a few screenshots of things although minor are the glitches. There's a few other things with this strange white tone that used to have colour.
Tagged:

Comments

• NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    If you could see the train-wreck that I have on my Galaxy Note 9, you'd be thankful with just the minor glitches on your S9.

I find it incredibly surprising that this game isn't designed to work well on the most famous Android phone in the world.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2019
    Nutjob wrote: »
    If you could see the train-wreck that I have on my Galaxy Note 9, you'd be thankful with just the minor glitches on your S9.

I find it incredibly surprising that this game isn't designed to work well on the most famous Android phone in the world.

Can you expand on the trainwreck? I have the Note 9 also, and it's generally ok, except for all the randoms crashes. Base view looks terrible, but everything else seems visually ok.

OP, hopefully one of the mods will chime in here, but I believe kabam has to optimize the game for each device's hardware, so they may not have spent enough time optimizing for the S9?
  • StrawbelsStrawbels Posts: 21

Yeah I used to have a no assets loading issue a couple months ago. That was more of a game breaker. But you would think getting a new phone wouldn't be steps backwards.
    Strawbels wrote: »

Yeah I used to have a no assets loading issue a couple months ago. That was more of a game breaker. But you would think getting a new phone wouldn't be steps backwards.

That's exactly what I have now, since the recent Android update. Yes, you would think that a better phone would equal better performance. Now I look at spinning cogs, missing ability descriptions, incredibly long load times, and I can't see what's in my inventory.

Sound familiar?

Can you expand on the trainwreck? I have the Note 9 also, and it's generally ok, except for all the randoms crashes. Base view looks terrible, but everything else seems visually ok.

OP, hopefully one of the mods will chime in here, but I believe kabam has to optimize the game for each device's hardware, so they may not have spent enough time optimizing for the S9?

I think America and a few other countries have the Snapdragon s9 which might be what has been optimised. Where as the exynos might not have been. It's just strange to go from the game looking nice to having issues when you go from a almost 3 year old phone to your new one.

That's exactly what I have now, since the recent Android update. Yes, you would think that a better phone would equal better performance. Now I look at spinning cogs, missing ability descriptions, incredibly long load times, and I can't see what's in my inventory.

Sound familiar?

I had it with the first android pie release. It's like the game only accepts assets from versions that are added to a data base as its always a new android patch that does it. But I'm not a developer for kabam so I wouldn't know.

Sound familiar?

I had it with the first android pie release. It's like the game only accepts assets from versions that are added to a data base as its always a new android patch that does it. But I'm not a developer for kabam so I wouldn't know.

Sounds feasible. Seems like an easy fix to adjust the database. Apparently my issue has been passed onto the game team. The problem is that there's no tracking system, updates, or acknowledgement from the game team, so I don't even know if that's true.

I guess I just wait until it's miraculously fixed, or I get my next phone?

Sound familiar?

Sounds feasible. Seems like an easy fix to adjust the database. Apparently my issue has been passed onto the game team. The problem is that there's no tracking system, updates, or acknowledgement from the game team, so I don't even know if that's true.

I guess I just wait until it's miraculously fixed, or I get my next phone?

I ended up rolling back my phone till a fix was done but that's annoying. I did send you a PM here though I might have some help I can give.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Strawbels @Nutjob same issues with overly quick updating phones (Pixel 3XL, Moto X4 ONE, Moto ONE, etc.) no matter the specifications (Pixel is SD8xx series, Motos both SD6xx).

Actually bought a crummy 7.0 phone that runs the game with no lags, freezes or crashes in an airport. With zero loading times, to boot.

A $120 Motorola Moto M from Jakarta, with it's P15 Helio coupled with 4-32GB.
    Not terribly pretty, but bests even iPhones as it doesn't have a single reliability/stability issue.

WEIRD.
  • Hey y'all.

So I know I'm beating a dead bot by saying this, but we're definitely aware of the performance issues across the different device platforms. The big one being Android and the multitude of devices that run the OS. It's something we are actively investigating to try and better the performance of the Fight for, but until then we are truly sorry for the frustrations and inconveniences that can come from all this.

Spinning cogs for many images, that either eventually load, or never do. Blank spots in my inventory where I can't see the images. Missing ID information for many bot abilities and monthly objectives, relating to the newer bots from about Jazz on. Incredibly slow load time to enter the fight screen. Sometimes I don't know if the game is hanging or it will eventually load.

All of this started after the Android Pie update. I have a Hong Kong version of the Note 9, so maybe the hardware is different.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Strawbels @Nutjob same issues with overly quick updating phones (Pixel 3XL, Moto X4 ONE, Moto ONE, etc.) no matter the specifications (Pixel is SD8xx series, Motos both SD6xx).

Actually bought a crummy 7.0 phone that runs the game with no lags, freezes or crashes in an airport. With zero loading times, to boot.

A $120 Motorola Moto M from Jakarta, with it's P15 Helio coupled with 4-32GB.
    Not terribly pretty, but bests even iPhones as it doesn't have a single reliability/stability issue.

WEIRD.

The only problem for me is that it's a real pain to buy another phone in mainland China. If I was close to Hong Kong or in a country that allowed Google Play, it could be an option. I also don't want to carry around 2 phones. My pockets are already full.

I just want one, great phone that does everything I need. Too much to ask, I know, but it used to do that until about a week ago.
    Hey y'all.

So I know I'm beating a dead bot by saying this, but we're definitely aware of the performance issues across the different device platforms. The big one being Android and the multitude of devices that run the OS. It's something we are actively investigating to try and better the performance of the Fight form, but until then we are truly sorry for the frustrations and inconveniences that can come from all this.

Thanks for the encouragement. What surprised me, is that support didn't ask for any specifics of my device. If they had done that, instead of just saying it had been passed onto the game team, I would have felt something was actually being done.

I really don't know how they can tackle the problem without data?

My experience was to be told to reinstall the game and try again. When that didn't work, my issue was 'passed onto the game team'.

Needless to say, that didn't fill me with any confidence. It felt more like a brush-off. If a new person had contacted me, said they were from the 'game team', and started interrogating me about the specifics of my my problem and device, I would have felt like something might be done.
    Hey y'all.

So I know I'm beating a dead bot by saying this, but we're definitely aware of the performance issues across the different device platforms. The big one being Android and the multitude of devices that run the OS. It's something we are actively investigating to try and better the performance of the Fight form, but until then we are truly sorry for the frustrations and inconveniences that can come from all this.

Actually, a few private message responses from Kabam Ahab have been much more promising than support. At least he suggested to log in on a different device and try to replicate the problem. He seems to be doing a better investigative job than support, although I would have expected the roles to be reversed?