Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cyclonus Dark field vs special attacks

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited March 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Can the devs clarify if Cyclonus dark field is intended to deal damage vs an opponent if he charges a bar while getting hit by a special?

Honestly... If it is, it's a **** move.

He's annoying enough to fight, having to cut combos short and try to range game him while he dances around cornering you. He is the only bot that can deal damage mid special aside from Rhinox/BC triggering their debuffs.

Before anyone mentions backfire... Backfire deals damage before the actual special.

Attacking him with a special should circumvent dark field damage in my mind.

Comments

• For me, I think It's best to do a Special immediately after he fills a Power Bar.

This may sound silly but usually I just wait for him to get a Power Bar full, activating the Dark Field, and instead of engaging in a 7 hit combo, instead I just activate my Special after my first Melee attack, so the chances of getting another Power Bar filled are kept at a low.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Fun fact: if dark field pulses I think if the opponent is using a physical special attack then it'll be cancelled out
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Fun fact: if dark field pulses I think if the opponent is using a physical special attack then it'll be cancelled out

No, melee attacks don't do anything against his Dark Field. If anything, your combo gets cut off like Manthro said.

Right before a power bar is filled, keep your distance and spam your basic ranged. This prevents you from getting any of your buffs nullified and you won't take any damage. This is why ranged fighters like Waspinator, Ironhide and Starscream have an advantage with their ranged attack being higher than their melee.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited March 2019

"I think". Then how is this a fun fact? Do have a video or an image to prove your statement?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

It doesn't. It deals damage, but it doesn't interrupt the special
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    What sucks is taking damage from Cyclonus when your special is supposedly the knock out attack.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Manthro wrote: »

It doesn't. It deals damage, but it doesn't interrupt the special

I feel like I've done that before, I dunno I don't use cyclonus unless focus frenzy is in play
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    I kinda think it’s fair. If you’re within range of the pulse you take the damage. I usually back off and fire ranged into his blocks if he’s close to a bar. Otherwise sticking to ranged specials or s3.