Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Is Ratchet 5s worth it?

I love my 4s Ratchet but he's so underpowered. Is the 5s version any good?

Comments

• Options
    Ratchet mostly shine when he is paired with OG. Making OG a GOD. But Ratchet by himself is just Hate him or Love him. It all depends on how you use him.

Most people write him of very easily cuz of his low damage output. Thats only partially true because most people only use melee, heavies and sp attacks. The damage output of these attacks are relatively low in comparison to for example OG or MV1. However for people who are good in using range attacks Ratchet is quite a good bot since these attacks cause shocks and these stack up melting the opponents health away.
    But the real quality of Ratchet is his incredible ability to heal himself. Since the amount of heal is based on his base health this ability will get better with an 5* since the base health is much higher than a 4*.

So I would definitely get him!
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Yes..
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Thanks. Does a 4s and 5s ratchet stack healing for OG prime?
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    More importantly, if i have a R4 4* ratchet, is it really NECESSARY to splurge on the 5*? Should i just R5 the 4* and keep my chips for potentially more DECEPTICON 5*?
    Kinda not my cuppa, despite his aforementioned synergies.
    Quite like my meh-city towards Ramjet.
  • Options
    True. I already have a 4s R5 Ratchet at max forge level 95. I was hoping for WJ.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

They don't stack, but the proc rate goes up if two Ratchets are present.
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited March 2019
    I like Ratchet. When I had the 3* version Maxed out & heavily duped, he was my go to bot in the AMs, particularly during the Decepticon AMs. There were several memorable fights in Map 2 (levels 20-40) vs the first AM miniboss, Galvatron, where I was running on low health (< 20%), faced the deranged Decepticon leader with only one link removed, took 2-4 SP3s from Galvatron, and actually came out of the fight not only the winner but with higher health than I entered with. The thing I really love about Ratchet is the fact that, the lower the health he has, the more he can generate power, so I can get more SP2s off to heal & get back in the fight. Now I have the 4* version duped, but I hardly use him on a regular basis (a Duped Megatronus will take full advantage of Ratchet’s healing abilities & make it almost impossible for the Doc to defeat The Fallen). Still, I plan to utilize the Dr. in some fashion with Galvatron in Expert Mode, since I know Ratchet owns Galvatron.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Ratchet has low damage output to balance out how incredibly long his fights tend to be. He has 3 reliable healing factors, and they work well. A high damage would make him unbeatable.
  • Options
    Well remember before they nerfed him, he was the best.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Well remember before they nerfed him, he was the best.

1st or 2nd nerf? Lol. That's okay, there are better bots now that also heal. If you want him just for the OG synergy then the 4* does just as well.
  • Options
    Why is G1 Prime called "OG" by some?
  • Options
    Leadblast wrote: »
    Why is G1 Prime called "OG" by some?

You must be very suburban.
    O.G.
    Original Gangsta
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I love my 4s Ratchet but he's so underpowered. Is the 5s version any good?

Ratchet is definitely not underpowered. Those who think he is just haven't figured out how to properly attack with him.

He is all about ranged shock + chain stun.

He can deal tons of damage, very quickly.
  • Options
    rexulesyof3v.png
    Here is my maxed 4s Ratchet. Yes I do use chain stun and shock. Long fights still.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I love playing Ratchet I might buy his 5* but I really have my heart set on a 5* Wheeljack cause I wasn’t able to get enough chips in his month
  • Options
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I love playing Ratchet I might buy his 5* but I really have my heart set on a 5* Wheeljack cause I wasn’t able to get enough chips in his month

Alas, Wheeljack 5* on HA with nanomastery is the stuff of nightmares.
    And that terribly efficient 5*, 9000Pi Shockwave which decimated 2 of my Raid team.