Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Ramjet or Ratchet

Ramjet or ratchet...yunno what I mean...who should I get?

And tell me some synergies that might sway me

Ramjet or Ratchet 44 votes

Ramjet
9%
Tracked_SignalJIMMY_SABSlayerKitten 4 votes
Ratchet
43%
Canuck33Gunz0Chuck_CanuckDrShotgunParadoxFuryserdoodBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulVavatronPeasUrAverageMalakaCeltTechnobotWarrior2410DragmaBaRdYaAmNmac10smg_ToaOfGreenPrimerprime5小龙女 19 votes
wait for the next batch...
47%
DeadSilenceBeastdadCheifloadedFaithz17KillMasterCDown_UnderAnakinPrimeJmdPricket_dutch88CONTRABntyhntr3232_magnusprime777BlackRazakBonesetterHUNScarredArachnid333DeadMemeBoihsb13NorthernLightRCSinSorrow_EUHijacker2531 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    1x0ovay8h7us.jpg
    This might sway some forwards ratchet
  • Options
    Max Optimus is AWWWESOME!
  • Options
    I meant 4 star @Beastdad
  • Options
    It’s really whatever you want to do, but I’m waiting for someone else
  • Options
    It’s really whatever you want to do, but I’m waiting for someone else

I might wait for Starscream or Barricade
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Ratchet
    Waiting for Scorpinok for whom I will always regret not getting on the first go round
  • Options
    (I voted wait for the next batch so I could see the votes)
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Ratchet
    No brainer
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2019
    Just wait till 8.0 arrives and EVERYONE gets Kabam'd royally when Ramjet and Mixmaster gets BUFFED. 😅

In the meantime, time is gold for me, so Ratchet, despite Prime synergy, makes me weep.
    Sure, great at long fights and repair, but IMO he's like digging a tunnel with a spoon.
    An indestructible, self repairing spoon.

Shockwave is an excavator.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited March 2019
    Ratchet
    I may have jumped the gun and bought ratchet just for the sake of it, don't have enough T2 alpha for the rank up BUUUUT I'll get there
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    this is as good a chance as any to get the 10k 5* shards and the awakening program. Ratchet is a strong bot and you'll wish you had him if/when Optimus comes out, so I say acquire him now.

This game works well when you plan ahead.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    If you don't have Ratchet yet, get him if only for the OGP synergy.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I love Ratchet but I was kinda leaning towards a 5* Wheeljack lol 😆
    The OG Prime synergies is amazing
  • Options
    I'm deciding tomorrow...hurry if you have an opinion
  • Options
    @DaveJL does that mean I should get ratchet?
  • Options
    Nobody has said ramjet...is he that bad?
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2019

If your style of play is full scale melee attack, he's actually RATHER GOOD.
    Couple that with bots that need space to be effective (as a counter to Galvatron, Shockwave, Megatronus, Cheetor, etc) and you've got yourself a surprisingly useful boy for arenas and raids.
    Plus his SP1, 2, 3 are terribly damaging.
    Underrated, IMO.
    Just learn to dodge (like the AI) in between melee attacks
    @Bntyhntr3232_
    Be warned he's rubbish for AM
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Ratchet

He can chain-stun the opponent...until they reach 3 bars of power and screw him over, so yeah...
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

they are both good and yes you should get Ratchet, even just because he may be useful in the future. If you can then stretch to ramjet get him too, then you get an awakening and another 5*
  • Options
    It's time for my decision...I'm skeptical About it though I already have 3 great techs and I can already take down alot of bots with my optimus...why do I need Ratchet?
  • Options
    Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    Ratchet
    It's time for my decision...I'm skeptical About it though I already have 3 great techs and I can already take down alot of bots with my optimus...why do I need Ratchet?

Well, for starters, Ratchet has the best healing abilities in the game. He's very useful for long fights and requires a bit more of a defensive playing style. His signature ability is also useful when taking high crit damage from demos or warriors. He also has the ability to inflict shock which can, in turn, lead to stuns.

Ramjet is similar, albeit more offensive than defensive. Heavy attacks are unstoppable and, when duped, grant special buffs that shorten stun time. Missile attacks inflict burn and landing a heavy while the enemy is burned inflicts stun. However, he has no recovery abilities.

Personally, I prefer Ratchet to Ramjet. Bots who are useful for quick fights struggle in the longer fights such as ROK or even harder special missions. Bots who are useful in longer fights aren't as potent but are capable of surviving longer in order to reach the boss. Ratchet also inflicts shocks (through critical ranged attacks) more often than Ramjet and his burns.
  • Options
    I got ratchet today...worth every bot chip
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Ratchet
    I go with the Doc. Unduped, he is a healing master via the SP2 & heavies when his health is < 50%. Duped, Emergency Repair kicks it, which can be a lifesaver vs Critical Hits.