Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

When damage debuffs last longer, do they inflict more damage?

The Deep Wound mastery says "bleed last longer", which makes me think it deals more damage if the tick number remains the same. But I checked two of Shockwave's synergies:
* Soundwave: Shockwave's Shocks last 8~10~25% longer.
* Rhinox: Shockwave's Shocks deal 8~10~25% more damage.
indicating they may be two things. If Soundwave increases the shock duration as well as its damage, his synergy is clearly superior to Rhinox's because it also drains more power.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    DeadMemeBoiDeadMemeBoi Posts: 140
    The increased damage I'm pretty sure refers to the tick damage being stronger, while maintaining the same duration, while longer just means more individual ticks because it lasts longer. Both would have different uses, like increased damage would help against primal because you could do more damage before it goes away. Same with grimlock because he still takes a little bit of tick damage before purifying the buff. Longer duration would suck against MV1 because that's a longer time that his willpower ability is active. Longer duration would really help if you use cheetor because his special 1 heal blocks as long as the opponent is bleeding, so longer bleed duration means longer heal block which would make him even more effective against bots like ROTF Megatron and a duped NanoJack. I havent really paid any attention to the damage difference in the longer duration ticks, so I'm not sure how it affects the total damage.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited March 2019
    Debuff duration-like abilities or mods don't technically increase their DoT, but since they last longer they do more damage by comparison.
    Basically what I'm saying is the damage debuffs inflict remain the same but the debuff itself lasts longer... In the case of deep wounds anyway
  • Options
    I’ve been curious about deep wounds as well. If your bot has more hp than the opponent, it immediately knocks a % of their health off, is that right? Or is it just if the bleed will KO them? I haven’t invested in it yet.
  • Options
    I’ve been curious about deep wounds as well. If your bot has more hp than the opponent, it immediately knocks a % of their health off, is that right? Or is it just if the bleed will KO them? I haven’t invested in it yet.

If you have the Assassin mastery then it will also ramp up the amt of damage it does if you have more health than your opponent.

I always wondered, but never really bothered to ask. My team is more shock based, annoyingly. Thanks man.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

If you have the Assassin mastery then it will also ramp up the amt of damage it does if you have more health than your opponent.

Only when they have less than 18% health left.