Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Tantrum or Motormaster

Hey guys! SO this question is as to whether I should Dedicate my brawler stuff to either Tantrum or Motormaster, both 4* unduped. My team is made up of Bludgeon(duped), G1 Megs(duped), Nanojack(duped), kickback(unduped), Prowl 5*(unduped), and Galvatron(unduped). All of those prior are Rank 4 lvl 40 4*, except for prowl who is rank 1 lvl 10. Should I make either Motormaster or Tantrum my main brawler for now, or should I wait? Thanks everyone.

Tantrum or Motormaster 35 votes

Tantrum
40%
ManthroserdoodDaveJLSeb1976Mr_WonderfulVavatronUrAverageMalakaSlayerScarredArachnid333KittenDragmaHeroicStatic26Hijacker2531Quepis 14 votes
Motormaster
40%
Silent_AssassinBeastdadCheifloadedGunz0Tracked_SignalBlackRazakPeasButtehrsDeadMemeBoiNorthernLightRClightningbaronBaRdYaAmNLoner_With_A_Boner03Tom331 14 votes
Wait for a better brawler(explain)
20%
Canuck33Faithz17KillMasterCSkBirdmanCeltTechnobotPrimerprime5 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited March 2019
    Tantrum and Motor Master are nice 👍
    But I kinda prefer duplicated Grimlock or duplicated or not duplicated MV1 Optimus
    😁
    I’ve watched players get in fights about what Brawler is best lol 😂 their all good it’s just your decision 🤔
  • Options
    SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Personally for me Primal is my go to but you arent running a beast team so Im still gonna say Primal anyways because hes awesome :D
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    With the monthly objectives u can dupe a 4* pretty easily. Then I'd go with Motormaster. He makes good use of those single bot revive kits and assassin boost in AM.
  • Options
    QuepisQuepis Posts: 2
    Tantrum
    Tantrum all day. Super imperfect, super fun! Never backstep and you'll be OK.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Tantrum
    Tantrum.

Debuff immunity, plus gives you more squad options than motormaster, and you get unstoppable with tantrum as well.

Motor is good, and gives KB/RJ a great synergy, but that's it.

Tantrum beast ancestor synergy is amazing, as is heralds of Unicron, or whatever it is he has with Cyclonus/Mega
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Manthro wrote: »
    ..... as is heralds of Unicron, or whatever it is he has with Cyclonus/Mega

That one is a new one for me. I couldn’t find info on it when I checked. Are you certain it’s with Tantrum? What does it do?
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Motormaster
    Definitely Motormaster when you dupe him. He relies heavily on his signature ability.
    Once you awaken him, dump every brawler sig program on him. You won't be disappointed

Tantrum can hit as hard as Motormaster, but his playstyle isn't for everyone. You either have to voluntarily get hit or lose all melee buffs when the opponent uses a melee attack
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Tantrum
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Mv1 Optimus or motormaster

Motormaster won’t win you a lot of raids or base defense, but your master fights will be easier with him on your team. He’s the best overall rush bot in the game for when you can’t stand back and shoot.

Actually, I would say duped Blaster is the best rush bot in the game when you can't stand back and shoot, followed by Cheetor, followed by a duped Soundwave, then Motormaster. Duped Blaster can not only cut through the ranged shots after an sp1, but can absorb the damage sometimes too.
    Tantrum.

Debuff immunity, plus gives you more squad options than motormaster, and you get unstoppable with tantrum as well.

Motor is good, and gives KB/RJ a great synergy, but that's it.

Tantrum beast ancestor synergy is amazing, as is heralds of Unicron, or whatever it is he has with Cyclonus/Mega

Pretty sure it's just armour synergy with cyclonus... Heralds of unicron is cyclonus and galvatron but gives the buff to all decepticons.
    He also only gets the debuff immunity when duped, which this one isn't yet.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Motormaster
    High level: Tantrum, with what @Manthro said, as positives.
    Casual: MM every time. A high level, duped, sig'd Motormaster CRUSHES most enemies, even Megatronus (unless he's absurdly high + RR). And every -20% health, HE GETS STRONGER.
    Plus his UNSTOPPABLE + melee + heavy + SP2 makes quick work of any warriors, and Shockwave, Soundwave, Prowl, Blaster, Rhinox...
    Best advice with MM: AVOID CYCLONUS (and Wheeljack >6000PI)
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Tantrum
    Tantrum All the way. Given that MM is furious af but tantrum’s ability to gain unstoppable whenever you need is handy af. Synergies ... Melee buffs .... buff purification and Stun on heavies , burns on sp1 . Hes a beast.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Motormaster
    Mine's at Sig 80 max forge and love him, but yeah tantrum probably is objectively better since his Sig makes him bleed immune, unlike poor motormaster.

Still I stay by my decision and he makes very good work on nightbird's mark (sometimes)
  • Options
    Tantrum
    I like MM, but his sig needs to be high just to make use. Tantrum just needs to be duped to purify. Plus his unstoppable lasts beyond his dash, so you can really lay into them immediately.

MM might be stronger in the long run, but you play tantrum right, he’s outright fun to use, plus you don’t need to lose health to gain attack. Heavy right after a combo and if you land it, you’re back in dashing range for another attack buff. Play him as he’s meant to be, and you’ve got a brawler that does what a brawler is meant to do. Smash those DOT’s, and keep high health while your at it.
  • Options
    Motormaster
    Depends on play style, but MM gets the edge due to you running KB - great synergy between the two of them.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Wait for Primal or MV. MM was my first fave brawler when we were playing with 3* bots. But the damage he takes when dashing in doesn’t make him durable for AM. I do have one alliance mate who brings his R4 not very forged MM for AM and leaves his R5 Tronus on base but he is exceptional :D as for Tantrum, no one in my alliance uses him. I can’t imagine not backstepping in a fight.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Wait for Primal or MV. MM was my first fave brawler when we were playing with 3* bots. But the damage he takes when dashing in doesn’t make him durable for AM. I do have one alliance mate who brings his R4 not very forged MM for AM and leaves his R5 Tronus on base but he is exceptional :D as for Tantrum, no one in my alliance uses him. I can’t imagine not backstepping in a fight.

Tantrum is for raids & special missions, not AM.

And why do you consider dashing into projectiles with MM his fault? It's your fault because you'll get punished harder with other bots.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    He’s looking for a main brawler. If it’s a bot you can’t use in AM, then to me, it’s not a priority. Whatever bot you can use for AM, you can use for raids and spotlight missions.

I tend to be more reckless with MM cos of his unstoppable. And his unstoppable does allow him to back away even after he’s been hit.

Both bots don’t have a way to counter bleed which is quite important against warriors. This put them at a disadvantage compared to MV or Primal.
  • Options
    Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    MV1 is the king Brawler hands down, and Primal I would say is the second most useful. MV1 is an AM monster that can literally destroy the bleed lane with a sliver of health, he crushes the nox mini boss, and can handle those pesky Bonecrushers. On top of that MV1 is useful in spotlight and great in raids.
    Primal is great if you're going to build a beast team of 3-5 beasts.
    You would be disappointed in the long run ranking tantrum or Motor imo.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Tantrum
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Mv1 Optimus or motormaster

Motormaster won’t win you a lot of raids or base defense, but your master fights will be easier with him on your team. He’s the best overall rush bot in the game for when you can’t stand back and shoot.

Actually, I would say duped Blaster is the best rush bot in the game when you can't stand back and shoot, followed by Cheetor, followed by a duped Soundwave, then Motormaster. Duped Blaster can not only cut through the ranged shots after an sp1, but can absorb the damage sometimes too.

Blaster is fine at rushing, but his speed is an issue. His specials (like soundwave's) are very weak.

I like and use Cheetor on a regular basis, but max vs max (sig and forge) I tend to take MM over him if I am fighting bots who sit back and shoot. The name of the game sometimes is getting the fight over quickly, MM does this better than most.

Can't argue with that. MM can sure finish fights super quick.
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    If the choice was between a Duped Tantrum & Duped Motormaster, no contest... go with the Bull. But this is about getting a mainline Brawler & neither are duped, so waiting is a good idea.

Whichever 4* gets duped first between MV1, Grimlock, Primal, or Tantrum should be your main Brawler. All have nice abilities against Bleed and/or Shock when their Signature Abilities are unlocked.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Tantrum
    Darm0k wrote: »
    ..... as is heralds of Unicron, or whatever it is he has with Cyclonus/Mega

That one is a new one for me. I couldn’t find info on it when I checked. Are you certain it’s with Tantrum? What does it do?

Tantrum gets extra armour when dashing in. Fits perfectly with his playstyle.