Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Arena - DAU - revenue

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
When ranking 3-5%, I am rank 200. That is approximately 4000 active arena player.

From my observation about 8%-10% players play arena.

That equates to 40k daily active user.

Pokémon go DAU 20million, revenue >200million a year.

So This game makes 400k-600k in NA (with assumption my arena is NA region)

This is world wide game. So I don’t know multiply that number by 5 continent?
2-3million per year revenue.

Since you get stuck in game ranking up without purchase, let’s assume players spend more on average.

3million a year.

Ok, let’s assume there are more than 5 continent.

4million a year.

Apple/google takes 30% cut.

3million a year

———

Profit?
Let’s say staff office server cost 1million a year.

3million - 1million = 2 million
Tax cuts 2million by half.

1million profit (minus transformer licensing cost)

That sounds ok, someday when I have my own 7men game studio that makes 1m profit a year, i’d be happily write off my ferrrari as a business expense.

Guess I am just bored.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Not trying to mislead.

This is just transformer.

Kabam is way bigger than this due to contest of champion. (Beautiful office in vancouver where I used to work for EA)
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    A lot of random assumptions here ......
  • Options
    ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited March 2019
    Can't believe you've actually worked for game studio and you've made this kind of assumptions, based on a percentage of arena fights. Many people are only active in crystal/gold/class spark arenas. Others simply don't care for whatever the arena is.

Btw, doing just one fight - e.g. getting 2500 points will show you how much players were actually active. For instance yesterday I was too busy for sig arena and got just one fight for the daily milestones. Ranked 8396.

If you wish to blow a chance to get more crystal shards you can basically know a bit better how many players are playing arena.

Also playing arena, doesn't mean that people are spending. I haven't done it in the last 2 or 3 months, but I'm still active. I'm not paying, simply because the deals are garbage or way overpriced. As I've stated before, I won't pay my monthly rent for a T4 class spark.

Also we can't be sure that we are separated in different regions anymore, if we ever were. I doubt that there are 8400 active Europeans playing the game in Sunday.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    ktomov wrote: »
    Can't believe you've actually worked for game studio and you've made this kind of assumptions, based on a percentage of arena fights. Many people are only active in crystal/gold/class spark arenas. Others simply don't care for whatever the arena is.

He said he worked for EA. He didn’t say what he did.

go5adz5ubwth.jpeg
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    All arenas were merged - they are no longer regional.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Hey man (or gal, for that alias) why are your posts either criticizing raid being too easy or worrying about the revenue? Not that your point is invalid but these have been brought up too many times in the past.
    Bottom line: don't worry about the revenue of a company who sells 4* Dinot + 4* Reflector at 3000 energon.

And I must have forgotten to read your last sentence.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Bottom line: don't worry about the revenue of a company who sells 4* Dinot + 4* Reflector at 3000 energon.

lol. Don’t remind me.
  • Options
    @KillMasterC

Good point. I am just bored.

Actually I am wondering if it is worth throwing huge bucks in this game. That’s all
  • Options
    @DaveJL how’d you know?
  • Options
    It was announced by Miike.
  • Options
    小龙女 wrote: »
    @DaveJL how’d you know?

because I, like many here, was around and active in arenas when they changed to region based arenas and quickly reverted back to global arenas. I also know which region some players are from and it is quite clear there is a mix of asia, europe and NA in there. I'm from the UK, just ranked 18 in the t3c arena but I see d0gpile at 16 and I know he is NA and I have an alliance mate at 28th that isn't my region either.

They changed it to regional in about Feb 2018 and I think it changed back in March 2018
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @DaveJL Thank you for clarification

It is rather sad this game fan base is rather small. 8000 global arena active player is rather disheartening

On the bright side, i saw android install number in google store is 10 million +

So the total download should have exceeded 20 million
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    小龙女 wrote: »
    @KillMasterC

Good point. I am just bored.

Actually I am wondering if it is worth throwing huge bucks in this game. That’s all

Spend if you feel whatever purchase you make gives you enough entertainment to justify it. That's my advice.
  • Options
    I still don't understand how discussing the companies revenue matters to players or the game im general.

other than speculation as to the games future, it doesn't.
  • Options
    Why do we need every awesome bot in this game?
  • Options
    About a month ago i was doing a lil reaearch in to Kabams licensing with Hasboro and i found a really interesting investors report that talked about their plans with their licenses and The transformers license is apparently still being licensed out to keep diferent games going.
    it did not say for how long but i remember it said it wanted to keep all current games going for a while. Unfotunately i cannot find it again and i did not book mark it. But what i read was positive and did not indicate they were going to stop licensing to current game makers.

Even though this is also rumor, still sound great!

• Options

Just thought it would be cool to have this because of the 35th Anniversary of both Franchises and both owned by Hasbro. And since kabam has a history of creating original characters for their games (mcoc) i thought what if this is one of those surprises they keep talking about.

The sharkticon’s in this game are by kabam. Would be nice to see more though, stand-alone characters or more mini factions. G1 predacons, bw protoforms, dinobots, the list is endless.

Just a thought
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Just thought it would be cool to have this because of the 35th Anniversary of both Franchises and both owned by Hasbro. And since kabam has a history of creating original characters for their games (mcoc) i thought what if this is one of those surprises they keep talking about.

The sharkticon’s in this game are by kabam. Would be nice to see more though, stand-alone characters or more mini factions. G1 predacons, bw protoforms, dinobots, the list is endless.

Just a thought

No, don’t want any generec bot, refuse to accept anything other than original characters. There are at least 500 toons if not 1000. So until we have close to that number, refuse to see more generic bots.

In line or your thoughts, why not create captain japan, captain australia, captain Africa, and captain all the country of the world for contest of champion. No licensing fee whatsoever.

Lol