Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Question About Grimlock

So i just fought a 5* and a 4* Grimlock in arenas, one fight was using UM and the other fight was using Windblade. Each time i side step his attacks if he rushes at me i noticed it was impossible for me to dash back more than once to avoid his attack and i end up geting hit. But if i side step when he rushes at me and i attack immediately after dashing back only once or just hit him right after side steping sometimes the hit lands other times his animation seems like it speeds up and my hit whiffs completely and i get comboed. but some times i can land a combo just fine after side stepping.

Has any one else had this issue? It only seems to be with him and I'm wondering if its because of his height plus the length of his sword that gives him extra reach, but if it is how is it possible that i can dash back once and avoid getting hit but if i continue to dash back i get hit?

Comments

• I don't think it's an issue, that just how he plays. I've faced this several times, and it's one of the main reasons I dread facing Grimlock. The AI plays him super aggressively if it senses that you backstep/dodge his dashes. What I prefer to do is backstep like crazy a couple of times, then block the rest of the hits. Not perfect, but it's better than being tagged by that 5-hit combo.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Every bot you face plays different based on who you use in the fight.
  • Yes, but the standard AI for Grimlock is going all MM attack if you backstep his dashes. It's the case most of the times. All the Bots need a basic type of attack style to begin with, and this is Grimlock's.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Has any one else had this issue? It only seems to be with him and I'm wondering if its because of his height plus the length of his sword that gives him extra reach, but if it is how is it possible that i can dash back once and avoid getting hit but if i continue to dash back i get hit?

That's the case with grim, motormaster, cheetor, or any other bots with longer reach. If you want to keep dashing back to dodge, you have to time the second dodge and ones after, simply swiping back repeatedly will not work and you'll end up getting hit.

The second swipe back should come after half a second after the first, that usually works for me.