Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Who did you use for Thunderstruck?

I've breezed through the first 2 lanes, but I've hit the wall on lane 3..of course I'm not looking forward to life steal in lane 4.
I've tried Prowl and KB and they're working ok at best.
I know alot of it is skill, but these lanes seem as if they're made for a specific type of fight.
Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    edited April 2019
    I'm using 4* OGP for Tact bots on that lane and 4* Cheetor to counter Tech bots.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    What's lane 3 again?
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    What's lane 3 again?

I think he meant Round 3.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah lane/round 3....the power gain lane...when they get a bar for a special.
    I'm using 4*s and rank 3 5*s....so I'm not under powered, just under skilled I guess.
  • Options
    iBKiBK Posts: 200
    I physically cannot complete Lane 4. Doesn't help that my phone lags out a lot, but the fact that I barely heal on specials is a game changer for me. I'm using one R2 5*, 3 R5 4*s, and one R4 4*
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Round 3 is quite easy. I didn't use any counters for those bots on Power Charge, I just need to play sloooowwwly to avoid giving the opponent 9 stacks of those charges. The only bot that caused slight annoyances is Grimlock.
    Prowl definitely won't be effective against those guys since his SP1 consists of many hits, KB is good against everyone except for Shockwave, duh. Who's really good against ShockPrime here is
    Barricade

I use different bot teams for round 4,5 and 6
    The best bots in round 4 are Motormaster, Tantrum due to their massive melee damage, Prowl due to his high melee damage + power burn so bye bye baiting, anyone who has a hard hitting melee heavy to get pass Galvatron, Cheetor or Shockwave for Megatron and your credit card, it's the MVP of this round
    Scorponok and Blaster handles round 5 extremely well. I only have Scorp at r5, awakened and so far I've seen him doing preeeeettty good against H4xx3d 8m 3nh4nx0r; his daze can turn lightspeed special attacks into nothingness while his repair may decrease the damage of the opponent's projectiles. But, unsurprisingly, the toughest opponent in this round is no other than Cyclonus. Make sure you bring a purifier i.e. Grimlock, Tantrum, Furries, etc... because you'll face off against 2 shockers, the purple cuck-horned bot mentioned above and the power gaining emo

Round 6: Final round. Surprisingly, it's easier than round 4&5, at least for me. Bring an armor breaker to take care of Primal, or have fun with an ROK fight, Starscream's definitely annoying with his null-rays, same tactic as Haxx3d Aim Enh4nx0r. Thundercracker is ridiculously easy to fight against, nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Round 6 is surprisingly easy if you can pass Blaster.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DonApis wrote: »

True. Bring someone like KB or Windblade to get rid of his power gain buff and it's good. It's also a good practice place to evade his SP2
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Thanks @Gunz0 ...good advice. Haven't brought Barricade in yet
  • Options
    DonApis wrote: »

I had the same. Couldn’t get past him till I brought prowl. Was still a hard fight but made much easier with prowl. Smack him hard and he goes down fairly quick
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    In regards to the brawlers (Grindor and Grimlock) I think I just stuck with G1 prime, just played it safe by making sure they didn't get close to a special 3 once it hit them with my own specials.
    Everyone else I power locked with bumblebee, very useful against mirage
  • Options
    DeadMemeBoiDeadMemeBoi Posts: 140
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Round 3 is quite easy. I didn't use any counters for those bots on Power Charge, I just need to play sloooowwwly to avoid giving the opponent 9 stacks of those charges. The only bot that caused slight annoyances is Grimlock.
    Prowl definitely won't be effective against those guys since his SP1 consists of many hits, KB is good against everyone except for Shockwave, duh. Who's really good against ShockPrime here is
    Barricade

I use different bot teams for round 4,5 and 6
    The best bots in round 4 are Motormaster, Tantrum due to their massive melee damage, Prowl due to his high melee damage + power burn so bye bye baiting, anyone who has a hard hitting melee heavy to get pass Galvatron, Cheetor or Shockwave for Megatron and your credit card, it's the MVP of this round
    Scorponok and Blaster handles round 5 extremely well. I only have Scorp at r5, awakened and so far I've seen him doing preeeeettty good against H4xx3d 8m 3nh4nx0r; his daze can turn lightspeed special attacks into nothingness while his repair may decrease the damage of the opponent's projectiles. But, unsurprisingly, the toughest opponent in this round is no other than Cyclonus. Make sure you bring a purifier i.e. Grimlock, Tantrum, Furries, etc... because you'll face off against 2 shockers, the purple cuck-horned bot mentioned above and the power gaining emo

Round 6: Final round. Surprisingly, it's easier than round 4&5, at least for me. Bring an armor breaker to take care of Primal, or have fun with an ROK fight, Starscream's definitely annoying with his null-rays, same tactic as Haxx3d Aim Enh4nx0r. Thundercracker is ridiculously easy to fight against, nothing to worry about.

I actually used Prowl for almost every bot on the power gain round. I made sure to use the special 1 so that my final punch wouldnt trigger the power gain. I just kept dashing back and getting those melee buffs and power gain.
  • Options
    Also for round 5 with shock block and shock ranged, Kickback is insanely helpful.