Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How does Rhinox's Signature work? Is there any way to avoid taking massive shock damage?

I'm on the last stage of Thunderstruck but I don't know how to get past Rhinox without losing at least one or two bots. I take insane shock damage seemingly randomly and I don't know how to avoid it.

Comments

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Avoid using melee heavy and specials when Rhinox's shield is up.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    But he starts the fight with his shield up... that just means I should avoid using any melees for the entire fight?
  • iBK wrote: »
    But he starts the fight with his shield up... that just means I should avoid using any melees for the entire fight?

He means you need to melee him to take his shield down. Then once it’s down you need to get your special in before it comes back up, or it’ll greatly reduce the damage and, if it’s a melee special, you’ll take shock damage.

I took shockwave against him because for some reason, SW’s backhand at the start of sp1 doesn’t shock shockwave regardless of Rhinox shield. If that helps. It doesn’t matter about the shield since the shocks are your damage source, you can take him out fairly quickly.
    Ahh, I see... so basic melee hits will not trigger his overclock then? Would Prowl be a good choice against him?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2019
    If you can, hit him while he's blocking. Each hit will remove one shield without shock damage. They will come back though.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    iBK wrote: »
    Ahh, I see... so basic melee hits will not trigger his overclock then? Would Prowl be a good choice against him?

I believe Rhinox’s sig triggers when an attack is above a certain threshold. With Prowl able to charge up melee buffs, it makes it easier to go over this amount. However, scouts have a 50% less chance of triggering it so it may work out? I don’t use Prowl against Rhinox because I don’t want to risk it.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Any melee hits that don't do too much damage like basics will not trigger Overclock. Prowl's hard hitting basic attacks will only get you killed before you even remove all of his shields (unless you get lucky with his shock procs OR remove all his shields before charging melee buffs)
    Right, I think I get it now. So any melee attack that deals 60% or more of my bot's attack while his shields are up has a chance to proc his signature? That makes a lot more sense now
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Those bots with 7 hit combo (Arcee, Mirage, Tact Bee) will have less chance of procing Overclock. Otherwise force him to block is a good idea. Never melee heavy/melee special on his shields.
    Right, I think I get it now. So any melee attack that deals 60% or more of my bot's attack while his shields are up has a chance to proc his signature? That makes a lot more sense now

Correct!
    Also, Scouts can reduce the chance to proc his sig, after an old patch
    Thanks for your all your help everyone! Now I just need to find a way to bring down Motormaster without losing my soul in the process, lmao.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Thanks for your all your help everyone! Now I just need to find a way to bring down Motormaster without losing my soul in the process, lmao.

Motormaster is easy if you have Cyclonus.
    DonApis wrote: »

Motormaster is easy if you have Cyclonus.

Motormaster is easy if you have literally any bot
    Thunderstruck Motormaster isn't easy when you don't have a single bot higher than 4k rating