Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

whats your ultimate raid comp?

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I am noob be warned. Let’s assume your opponent has 5* maxed out everything including mod and you want to bring a squad to own his base with EAZE and not sweat

I only see 3 bots that is most difficult

Nano-jack: any bot with bleed should counter him?
Megatronus: rinox
Bone crusher: not sure, maybe grimlock?

Anyone difficult i am missing?

I am thinking bringing
Rhinox, Optimus prime, and grimlock.

Problem with my comp is rinox cannot handle both nanojack and megatronus without ton of sweat

What squad would you bring?

Comments

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Any bot with dots counters WJ. Grimlock or Tantrum should handle both Harm accelerator and WJ.

OP wont benefit you greatly. Focus on dealing with Megatronus. Even if you have to double up on techs like rhinox and mirage.

There are many threads on raiding and Megatronus.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    kranders wrote: »
    Any bot with dots counters WJ. Grimlock or Tantrum should handle both Harm accelerator and WJ.

OP wont benefit you greatly. Focus on dealing with Megatronus. Even if you have to double up on techs like rhinox and mirage.

There are many threads on raiding and Megatronus.

I thought op useless as well other than dealing with brawlers on harm accelerator.

So besides rinox and grimlock, what would you bring?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited April 2019
    If I had to pick just 3 bots that I dread facing on a base it would be these below:

5* Tronus on 4* RR Mod
    5* Scorp on 4* Tech Console Mod
    5* Grindor on 4* Harm Accelerator or 5* NanoJack on 4* Harm Accelerator

I would counter the above with Shocky, Blaster, and MV1.
    There are lots of combos. For brawlers on HA your better just sticking to Grimlock or Tantrum.

Clearly it depends on who you have available to you.

Beast Team is good.

G1 Bee, Mirage, Grimlock I use a lot.

Also used Tantrum, Cyclonus, and Galvatron for a long time.

Rhinox isn’t even the best option for Megatronus. I find Mirage better or WJ.

Shockwave is great but not a main counter for Tronus.

Jazz is also a good overall option and works well on tronus.

edited April 2019
    There are lots of combos. For brawlers on HA your better just sticking to Grimlock or Tantrum.

Beast Team is good.

Since I raise a beast and op team. I don’t raise movie bots or decepticon team. Then I would pick these based on your suggestions.

WJ, grimlock, jazz

Actually no, the above 3 don’t have strong dots, so it will be

Rinox, grimlock, WJ/jazz

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    If you do beast team, Rhinox, Cheetor and wasp/ primal would be great. Beast synergy allows all of them to purify HA. Duped cheetor’s feral strike bypasses nanojack’s shield. Personally, wasp, Cheetor, primal is my top team for everything. Cheetor kills techs, wasp kills everything, primal pretends to help.

My secondary raid team during AM is currently shockwave, IH, OP. Generally IH kills everything, Shockwave for Megatronus. OP pretends to kill some brawlers. I intend to swop out OP as soon as my Grimlock is duped.
    小龙女 wrote: »

Beast Team is good.

Since I raise a beast and op team. I don’t raise movie bots or decepticon team. Then I would pick these based on your suggestions.

WJ, grimlock, jazz

Actually no, the above 3 don’t have strong dots, so it will be

Rinox, grimlock, WJ/jazz

If you mean dots for Nanojack you only need Grimlock’s S1. You also have a chance on his heavy but these days I exclusively use WJ, Grim and Jazz. WJ really is not hard to counter. The only tricky one is WJ on tech console but you can Jazz S3 and Grim for that as well and it’s rare.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I misunderstood the OP, but isn’t this thread about the ultimate base and not the ultimate raid team? Is it both?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I feel all you need is Grim and WJ. Third bot is anything you want as backup.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Who remembers the 2017 classic?
    3* MV Bee, MV Prime, MV Ironhide 😂
    Good old days when finding a 10K base was a big thing
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    I misunderstood the OP, but isn’t this thread about the ultimate base and not the ultimate raid team? Is it both?

Lol still appreciate your contribution, you can’t craft an ultimate offending team without knowing the ultimate defending team right
    JKL wrote: »
    I feel all you need is Grim and WJ. Third bot is anything you want as backup.

Awesome, grimlock/WJ that is!
    Kitten wrote: »
    Who remembers the 2017 classic?
    3* MV Bee, MV Prime, MV Ironhide 😂
    Good old days when finding a 10K base was a big thing

Dang, who knows, maybe next year we will have a new 2020 thread lol
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    I use Wj, tantrum, megatronus before new am map so now I use wj tantrum and Cheetor.

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Agree that duped Grimlock is awesome for raids but for WJ, doesn’t Megatronus relic of obedience bypass his shield? As well as his dark burn?
  • I have a max forged 4* grimlock at r5 and he is an absolute beast when it comes to raids. He can tackle any bot on harm accelerator, including WJ on nano-repair (thanks to his burn debuffs). Along with him, I also take my maxed out megatronus, whom I find absolutely necessary to tackle other bots, like a megatronus on RR (sadly, my rhinox is just at r2). The third bot is usually shockwave, cheetor or starscream (all 5 stars) depending on the bot classes. So far, this is doing well in tackling bases that have a rating in the range of 25000 to 30000.

The only downside of this combination is that there are no synergy bonuses between the bots (except for the 5*'s leadership). So if you are raiding, I would heavily reccomend a duped grimlock and megatronus in your teams(as well as rhinox for bots on RR).
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    Agree that duped Grimlock is awesome for raids but for WJ, doesn’t Megatronus relic of obedience bypass his shield? As well as his dark burn?

Yes, megatronus can tackle WJ, but the problem is usually with the disadvantage for megatronus. Since mine is just at sig level 12, I'm not sure about the relic of obedience, but the dark burns work well in bypassing WJ's shields even when there is nano-repair.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited April 2019
    When i FINALLY learned to dance/ninja my bot, i usually go for this crew:
    Galvatron, Cyclonus and MM.
    Galvatron kills ALL tacts and scouts plus mostly kills Megatronus.
    But I've a problem with REBALANCED Mixie!
    So Cyclonus easily despatches all brawlers (and Wheeljack) and MM does the rest.

I've been told this is a WEAK raid team, but they're the best i have, thus overachieve, i guess.
    FINALLY broke into the 2100-2200 medal range.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I use Jetfire, Megatronus and CW Megatron.

Or sometimes I use Primal, Waspinator and Scorponok.

They can handle pretty much anything
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I use Jetfire, Megatronus and CW Megatron.

Or sometimes I use Primal, Waspinator and Scorponok.

They can handle pretty much anything

Your prophecy re: Jetfire has come to fruition.
    5* 7.5K Jetfire on an EMI is a total twunt.
    Just when i started to get the hang of tackling WJ/HA and Tronus/RR.

Hope you support Citeh
  • If you have at a high enough sig, g1 bee makes a good option for robotronus. Play aggressive and spam that sp2, keep him power locked as long as possible. The high sig would be needed to ensure you can power lock him again before the previous one expires.

Nanojack, just bring grim. Goodbye bleeds.

Bonecrusher isn’t on many high bases anymore as he has plenty counters. I’ve seen Rhinox on HA a few times though, and if duped, he can be a royal pain. Also on LGM he can get those bleeds in. But if BC is an issue bring grim or mv1 prime.

There aren’t many decepticon counters to those, and a beast team with at least primal and Rhinox should manage. 3rd bot is optional as they’re all good
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Beast team is best overall. Primal/Rhinox/any beast

If your primal is tied up in AM, sub in Tantrum.

If you have none of that, all you need is anti bleed and power control plus a throwaway bot to use as fodder.

Raids are pretty simple to beat, you just have to be willing to expand your playstyle to more bots on the roster.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Duped Tantrum or Duped Grimlock can handle Bonecrusher and/or Harm Accelerator (to be honest, when I see the BC/HA pairing, I’m more insulted than worried). Tantrum is also good against EMI bots (I see a lot of Warriors matches up with EMI).

Nanojack: Bonecrusher is the theoretical ideal counter, but duped Grimlock is great if Nanojack has an HA pairing.

Robotronus: Shockwave or Rhinox works. Scorponok could also be of use here. Mostly, though, I’ll use Tronus against Tronus.
  • Id use mv1, kickback, and perhaps shockwave
  • I tend to use Shockwave, Galvatron, and MV1. It has worked pretty well so far. I just duped my Grimlock, so I may start experimenting with a new group, based on some of the things said in this thread.