Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How's the Fat Boy since the buff?

So I was quick to toss Hound into the forge a while back but just pulled him again in a Big Boy crystal. I have a 5* MV1 now so I might give him a go if the buff has made him better.
So how good was his buff?

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    he is better but still suffers from a few problems like lack of tracking on his ranged attacks and the roll animation often lands me in trouble against a dashing opponent. When he works well though, he is really good. His sp2 with ranged bonus (especially at high sig) is super good now
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Still bad
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I did notice quite a difference in movement speed between duped and unduped Hound. Won't sacrifice him so quickly this time. Good utility bot.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Still solid but needs a high skill level to be effective
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    @PhatBoy123 is not good...Warpath isn't in the game yet...he needs espresso to minimize the despresso
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited April 2019
    @PhatBoy123 is not good...Warpath isn't in the game yet...he needs espresso to minimize the despresso

and spaghetti for the upsetti.
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »

and spaghetti for the upsetti.

And mustard if you're flustered
    edited April 2019
    Now...FEED HIM ESPRESSO SPAGHETTI AND MUSTARD!!!
    n124lnac8nc9.jpg
    Or else!
    zaubpw38dpvr.jpg

EDIT: yes you can use these @PhatBoy123
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Now...FEED HIM ESPRESSO SPAGHETTI AND MUSTARD!!!
    n124lnac8nc9.jpg
    Or else!
    zaubpw38dpvr.jpg

EDIT: yes you can use these @PhatBoy123

hha6bzwcvw6m.jpg
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    DaveJL wrote: »
    he is better but still suffers from a few problems like lack of tracking on his ranged attacks and the roll animation often lands me in trouble against a dashing opponent. When he works well though, he is really good. His sp2 with ranged bonus (especially at high sig) is super good now

^ this

He's still awful, IMO. That roll against dashing opponents needs to be looked at. You need it to really get the most out of Hound, but most of the time dashing opponents just clobber you after doing it. Not sure if the animation needs to be sped up so it behaves like a standard sidestep or what.

He can dish out a lot more damaging debuffs now, but they're still weak. If they're gonna keep the damage output that low then they need to make successful heavies have a 100% chance to crit down.
  • Synthwave wrote: »

^ this

He's still awful, IMO. That roll against dashing opponents needs to be looked at. You need it to really get the most out of Hound, but most of the time dashing opponents just clobber you after doing it. Not sure if the animation needs to be sped up so it behaves like a standard sidestep or what.

He can dish out a lot more damaging debuffs now, but they're still weak. If they're gonna keep the damage output that low then they need to make successful heavies have a 100% chance to crit down.

He needs a big burn buff. And bleed.
    Synthwave wrote: »

^ this

the purpose of the burn is not to deal DoT but to amplify his crit damage. It's kind of pointless if you can't land hits though. You really need to get the ranged buff and then start landing some big ranged shots but it's incredibly hard at higher levels
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    the purpose of the burn is not to deal DoT but to amplify his crit damage. It's kind of pointless if you can't land hits though. You really need to get the ranged buff and then start landing some big ranged shots but it's incredibly hard at higher levels

Didn’t the update shorten his burn debuff duration?
    edited April 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »

Didn’t the update shorten his burn debuff duration?

I think it increased it based on rank

edit: no you are correct, reduced from 15 to 10s but I think the total damage is the same
  • DaveJL wrote: »

^ this

Perhaps. But his burns shouldn't be that weak. They should be pretty strong.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Something I've noticed is when I use a heavy attack (not ranged) while fighting hound, he generated the range buff despite it not even being a range dodge (nor did he dodge it either)

^ this

They should last longer. At least give Hound a permanent burn debuff on his SP3, I don't care if it deals 0 damage per second. They can reduce his Heat damage to 0 if they want to. The point of his burns is to make his bullets hit harder.
    Gunz0 wrote: »

^ this

They should last longer. At least give Hound a permanent burn debuff on his SP3, I don't care if it deals 0 damage per second. They can reduce his Heat damage to 0 if they want to. The point of his burns is to make his bullets hit harder.

At full sig, his ranged shots can land for between 1600 and 2000+ depending on the number of burns. I think a permanent burn would make him far too powerful

^ this

At full sig, his ranged shots can land for between 1600 and 2000+ depending on the number of burns. I think a permanent burn would make him far too powerful

I’ll second that. A permanent crit resist debuff would work much better and maybe give him more utility.

^ this

Permanent burn would be interesting, but op. Like what @Mr_Wonderful had said, that crit resist debuff that is permanent would be good.

^ this

Does the ranged bonus from the signature affect hound's specials?

^ this

YAS

^ this

Yeah big time. That sp2 with the ranged bonus is pretty significant and that's why they made the buff stick for the duration of a special