Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena/raids time sink and problems

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I know arena will get better over time, you can basically get 1.5 million points in 1 round.

So I am very glad over time I will be able to spend much less time in arena.

But how does raid goes?

I am sitting around 1800, and it feels like I have to come back to app every few hours even while at work and when waking up.

That felt very bad for my life. You woke up, your eyes are still recovering, you are not really supposed to do raids. Some people have kids, so that’s no for them.

Then at lunch and during afternoon, people are breaking their work ethic playing raids. While they are supposed to relax and take a break from work. Instead you need a sweat session with your hearts pumping working hard

Those are people that actually pay this game. High schooler and maybe college student maybe not have money to pay to win. It is also unethical to ask for these yong guys to screw their studying and focus on a game.

Arena maybe we can mark it as OK as designed.

But it feels raids need not be like recharge max 3. Should recharge max 12...

I am not even mentioning the constant coming to app to send cew to mission. It doesn’t take much time, but just screw your life and work.

While overall, I think the game is economy and mechanics is designed wonderfully.

Over time, people will get tired of this and quit. Especially working/paying people.

Actually maybe it was designed as intended. Targeting mostly new players, these constant coming back to app mechanics maybe the exact reason to get them addicted and start paying. While much older players tend to pay less.

In that respect, it is good for business, so I can’t really continue to complain.

Comments

• 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited April 2019
    I am sure many people would prefer to play this game only at night.
    1. One hour on arena and get 1.5m points (possible in long run)
    2. One hour to do 10 raids. (That’s a no)
    3. Five minutes to send 50 crews to 20 missions. (That’s a no)
    4. Thirty minutes to finish all missions. (That’s a no)

Not sure how long I am going to keep playing this game, but I doubt very long.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Do you ever wonder if all things are equal, whether or not the game would be competitive? I hope so. Keep in mind that it’s all relative. If you increase Raid recharges than those same players who grind crazy hours will just do more of it. Similarly, when you are working during the daytime, someone is home relaxing after a long day of work and raiding you. Just like when you are home from work and have time to play. You are raiding them while the are otherwise unavailable.

My advice is to stop looking at Raids as something competitive. Ignore the leaderboard. Just think of it as a means to hone your skills and pick up rewards.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I think you might be approaching this wrong. You have to pick and choose the modes that you want to commit your time to. If it feels like the game is that big of a time sink, step back and truly think about what you want. You don't have to do everything. This is a game, it's for entertainment. It is not a job.
    JKL wrote: »
    I think you might be approaching this wrong. You have to pick and choose the modes that you want to commit your time to. If it feels like the game is that big of a time sink, step back and truly think about what you want. You don't have to do everything. This is a game, it's for entertainment. It is not a job.

Yeah my main point was it is ok to be time sink, but it is less ok to be something that you have to keep doing almost all hours of the day.

I am trying to prioritize things now, and see how it goes.

Just wish the game would enable you to do all things at once not throughout the whole day
    edited April 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Do you ever wonder if all things are equal, whether or not the game would be competitive? I hope so. Keep in mind that it’s all relative. If you increase Raid recharges than those same players who grind crazy hours will just do more of it. Similarly, when you are working during the daytime, someone is home relaxing after a long day of work and raiding you. Just like when you are home from work and have time to play. You are raiding them while the are otherwise unavailable.

My advice is to stop looking at Raids as something competitive. Ignore the leaderboard. Just think of it as a means to hone your skills and pick up rewards.

Yeah, I don’t care about leader board, I just want to get some chips for important things, but just evening alone seems not enough to grind out everything you need. (Let’s say 5 hours in evening)

What I was saying is you have maximum 12 raids a day and you can do anytime you want