Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

5* awakening crystal

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
What’s difference between crystal vs program?

Is it shard crystal? Like do you have to collect many shard crystals to dup a bot?

Or difference is just 1 signature ability level? That seems so little it doesn’t even matter.

Comments

• 小龙女 wrote: »
    What’s difference between crystal vs program?

Is it shard crystal? Like do you have to collect many shard crystals to dup a bot?

Or difference is just 1 signature ability level? That seems so little it doesn’t even matter.

The awakening crystal will give you one awakening program that will activate a bots signature ability without duping them. It only adds one level.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited April 2019
    In regards to awakenings, a crystal is a crystal. It gives you one of the six random classes. You open it to get a program (the actual awakening item).

(Should've read @FulMetalGrimlok's post first. Just said the same thing.)
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited April 2019
    JKL wrote: »
    In regards to awakenings, a crystal is a crystal. It gives you one of the six random classes. You open it to get a program (the actual awakening item).

(Should've read @FulMetalGrimlok's post first. Just said the same thing.)

I see. Thanks!

The other difference from what I understand, correct me if I am wrong
    1. Dupping give you 5 signature ability vs 1 from awakening
    2. Dupping raise your bot rating vs 0 from awakening

In that respect, looks like awakening crystal is defeinitely worth the effort!

You basically have a signature effect without rating change, but that’s probably all you need.

( though i am not so sure if 1 signature level is too low to matter, maybe depends on the bot )
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I'm pretty sure awakening does raise the bot's ratings/stats. But since +1 extra level isn't that significant, the stat bump might be a bit unnoticeable
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited April 2019
    For some bots, one sig level is what changes them from trash/mediocre to top/god-tier: Wheeljack, Grimlock, Prowl, Wasp... to name a few (**the** few, actually)

And since there are some decent flow of sig upgrade program you can obtain, awakening becomes crucial, especially for sharks. The stock limit of sig program is set to 99 so that you can hoard a lot of them to feed your sharks when they are awakened. The more awakening programs you have, the quicker your forge process.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    of cos it’s best to dupe your bots. You only use awakening programs on bots you can’t seem to dupe. You don’t use awakening programs on duped bots just to increase them by 1 sig level.
  • Thanks everyone for jumping onto this and helping out! :)
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Is there a performance difference between a duped bot at sig 5 and a bot you've used an awakening program on and then fed 4 upgrade programs to?

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    m00nshine wrote: »
    Is there a performance difference between a duped bot at sig 5 and a bot you've used an awakening program on and then fed 4 upgrade programs to?

There shouldn’t be.