Feed back from other Commanders on Making AM just a little better.

Hello commanders, I sent this email to the Mods about a month ago and they suggested I go ahead and post it here in the forums to see what your thoughts were on it.

Since the current state of Alliance missions is able to be completed in a MUCH shorter amount of time. I think maybe it could be a very interesting idea if a Alliance finishes Map 3 they (Alliance LEADERS) could / should be able to open up map 2 immediately afterwards. "BUT" The player has to start off with the same amount of Energy that they left off with from the previous map for ALL BOTS and they can NOT switch out BOTS.
I think it would be interesting to have ONLY the LEADERS of each alliance to be able to select which players move onto each of the Lower level maps. Almost like a Survival of the fittest

1. this creates better competition among teammates.
2. this also bridges that gap of communication which most of us players this is the big part WHY we are sticking around playing this game. For the friends and community we have created playing this game
3. Since if memory serves me, each Map requires less teammates to play down paths this actually forces the Leaders to make choices determined on knowing Alliance members skills,Bots, and personal Inventory

Of course The players that move on could use Revives and Health refills but it is at the players discretion

(this should create constant revenue for Kabam because as most of us know there is only X amount of Energy / moves so us as players would be spending more energon / cash to be able to try and finish ALL 3 maps) plus with the revives and health regens I think this could be VERY VERY GOOD for you and yet creating Something Different for the members that HAVE amd will KEEP finishing level D120.

This would keep the HIGH END players to keep pushing on even past level D120 because they would never know how much further or quicker another Alliance team has finished AM.

All POINTS would just accumulate..

Please let me know your thoughts sorry for the long post.

Thanks again for reading
MCbusket / game tag name MacPhoenix of Alliance [WEEVL] Family [Nest]

Comments

  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 571
    I like being able to finish within the day of the start because I can give full attention to #reallife and not have to check back every so hour during the whole Friday/Weekend.

    If we could make changes to the AM my suggestions would be:

    1. Being able to set different diff levels for each BG
    2. Being able to play one big map with everyone


  • Thanks for posting this, @McBusket! And thank you to those already commenting and to those who will even if there isn't agreement. We definitely want to compile as much feedback and suggestions as we can from y'all.

    Do remember to keep it constructive though! Thank you! :)
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,486
    Manthro wrote: »
    I don't like it.

    Turns AM into little more than wallet wars, and whomever spends the most wins.

    As it stands right now, skill is more a determining factor, and cash is a support function.

    This is the way it should be.

    If this format goes ahead it will be competitive for maybe a month, until all the hoarders run through their free energon stockpiles keeping pace, and then the wallet warriors will own all the top spots

    Yeah, would rather it doesn't descend in to a game of who plays the longest rather than who plays the best. I'm also wondering whether map2 would ever be a challenge at high D for anyone in the top 10 alliances. Seems more like a time drain than an energon or cash drain and that really isn't good.
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 100
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    I don't like it.

    Turns AM into little more than wallet wars, and whomever spends the most wins.

    As it stands right now, skill is more a determining factor, and cash is a support function.

    This is the way it should be.

    If this format goes ahead it will be competitive for maybe a month, until all the hoarders run through their free energon stockpiles keeping pace, and then the wallet warriors will own all the top spots

    Yeah, would rather it doesn't descend in to a game of who plays the longest rather than who plays the best. I'm also wondering whether map2 would ever be a challenge at high D for anyone in the top 10 alliances. Seems more like a time drain than an energon or cash drain and that really isn't good.

    Not necessarily because As you progress through each map you are starting off with the SAME amount of life you left off at from previous map. That is where the challenge is.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    One thing that isn’t taken into account about the challenge here is that the bots on map 2 are waaaaaay weaker than those on map 3. If you can take out 30k+ bots, why would 3k bots with less mods ever be difficult, even with a health deficit?

    The answer is they won’t be, this would simply be a boring waste of time for most players.

    Even for alliances playing map 3 diff 30 or so this wouldn’t be enjoyable, people play this level because it’s easy and low stress. Map 2 would be more less just an extension of easy and low stress, thus being just a waste of time for minimal rewards.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 1,471
    I personally would love this...I'd like being able to participate more even after AM is done...it'd be a cherry on top for me
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,486
    McBusket wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    I don't like it.

    Turns AM into little more than wallet wars, and whomever spends the most wins.

    As it stands right now, skill is more a determining factor, and cash is a support function.

    This is the way it should be.

    If this format goes ahead it will be competitive for maybe a month, until all the hoarders run through their free energon stockpiles keeping pace, and then the wallet warriors will own all the top spots

    Yeah, would rather it doesn't descend in to a game of who plays the longest rather than who plays the best. I'm also wondering whether map2 would ever be a challenge at high D for anyone in the top 10 alliances. Seems more like a time drain than an energon or cash drain and that really isn't good.

    Not necessarily because As you progress through each map you are starting off with the SAME amount of life you left off at from previous map. That is where the challenge is.

    Yeah but at the top, sure items probably get used to clean the map, but map 2 I'd doubt if the damage dealt would ever be enough to require items. Especially if we just heal up with a regen bot
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 100
    @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Vydious now I know how you guys feel, tough crowd to please! lmao!!
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 571
    edited May 14
    McBusket wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Vydious now I know how you guys feel, tough crowd to please! lmao!!

    no offensive but it just wasn't a good suggestion. we spent almost a full year telling the mods that (old) Map 3 is too long (with an 1 hr timer). They just corrected this with the new map and your suggestion is to not only go back to the old ways but to add more playing time on top of it. Your suggestion will make AMs a literal 24 hour event. Not to mention that depending on where your Alliance is based, it'll be a disadvantage for some.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 495
    Yeah, can't get behind this idea. Scheduling with various timezones is already a lot of work. There would be plenty of alliances probably sleeping when AM opens and put them at an energy disadvantage. The new map allows for late starts and still plenty of time to finish. Don't need it to be a contest of who can buy the most energy refills.

    As others have said, it wouldn't even be a challenge. Just a really boring grind that serves no purpose.

    Great that you're thinking of new suggestions, just don't get too down on it if people shoot it to bits.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 241
    Interesting thoughts, but no thanks.
    You don't need this, even if the goal is to spend more time with your in-game friends : just chat or meet irl !

    If the goal is the challenge and playing longer, starting over the game with a new account seems a better idea
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,064
    Not a fan
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,633
    I may like it to knock out the AM fights monthly achievement and not worry about missing milestones. But once that’s done, then nope.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 395
    When done with a battlegroup, bots are free for other modes; let us join other battlegroups that may need help due to absence or just flat out shorthanded.

    Can't really bother playing Map 3 and then downshifting to Map 2. Not likely to finish with 60 minutes AM timers.
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 100
    Guys I agree on some of the thoughts thanks for your input. I’m not down that you shot me down! Haha.

    Honestly though I see where you all of you are conning from.

    For me personally I was trying to think of a way to actually balance AM a little bit. Let me try to explain my thought process and see what you guys think.

    So if a alliance has 18 members
    And a lot of us have people in way different time zones.

    We will go with USA starting first , by the time Europe or Asia time zones start AM is pretty much finished for then is it not? Sure you can bundle groups into separate BGs but what if alliance doesn’t have enough people in those specific time zones to put together a full group.

    I think as it stands and just working off memory “central time zone” we can pretty much complete all of AM no later than 10pm

    Just trying to think of a way to spread the enjoyment for all other members of AM

    Ideas?
    Or am I just over thinking this (honestly)
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 591
    I usually join AM about 16 hours after it starts on weekdays due to work. We finish it around 3-4 hours later and it’s time for bed. Not really keen to play more AM after that. Things that may make me interested:

    1) no energy requirement for second map
    2) more milestone rewards with T4C

    What’s bot pi at the highest level of map 2 again?
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 319
    I'd rather rest after dealing with stress inducing Galvatron mini boss in very high difficulty.

    If I could make a suggestion, please add more t2a and t2c milestone rewards.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Oh yeah mr krabs oh yeah oh yeah mr krabs
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 62
    Interesting concept.
    My Alliance is yet to play map 2. All map 3.
    I'd like to take it further in having the bot health come across as well. If ko'd come back at only 10% and allow no Waspinator to avoid that calamity again..

    PLEASE just get rid of the 1 hour timers, they drive everyone crazy!
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 869
    I'd still prefer a new alliance-based game mode that happens during the off days AM isn't running over any changes to AM itself (I would like to see updated rewards though).

    Personally, I'm holding out for a super boss mode featuring new NPC Phase Sixers or alliance wars. Just something new.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 552
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I'd still prefer a new alliance-based game mode that happens during the off days AM isn't running over any changes to AM itself (I would like to see updated rewards though).

    Personally, I'm holding out for a super boss mode featuring new NPC Phase Sixers or alliance wars. Just something new.

    I’d love alliance wars. Could maybe factor in some of the harder mods from spotlights to make it different from raids.
Sign In or Register to comment.