Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Is brawl gonna be added?

Did the devs confirm that he's gonna be added to the game or anything like that?

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    No and no
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Blaskirð wrote: »
    Did the devs confirm that he's gonna be added to the game or anything like that?

Are any new bots going to be added?
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

That's a "maybe".
  • Options
    Blaze_KagamiBlaze_Kagami Posts: 124
    I have opened forums after a long time so what is this all about 'brawl'?
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    They can neither confirm nor deny any facts about that without permission from the kabam owner
  • Options
    BlaskirðBlaskirð Posts: 2

I'm going to assume from that that it's been a long ass time since the last time they added new bots. In which case, I'm very fearful they've stopped.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629

I'm going to assume from that that it's been a long ass time since the last time they added new bots. In which case, I'm very fearful they've stopped.

Its been a month. Thundercracker was the last bot.
  • Options
    CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Buttehrs wrote: »

In all honnesty, I don't consider Thundercracker as a " new bot "
    He's litteraly a reskinned color of Starscream, the animations are the same, the model is exactly the same
    Only thing different is some minor changes on the special effects from specail attacks, and the skills ( which is normal because he's a " new " bot )
    So technically, we didn't have a new bot since Jetfire, which is 3-4 month, I can't remember correctly
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Celt wrote: »

He's litteraly a reskinned color of Starscream, the animations are the same, the model is exactly the same
    Only thing different is some minor changes on the special effects from specail attacks, and the skills ( which is normal because he's a " new " bot )
    So technically, we didn't have a new bot since Jetfire, which is 3-4 month, I can't remember correctly

It takes time to program his skillset. That's not the same. Otherwise, OGP and Motor share the same vehicle mode in this game and should be considered the same bot.
  • Options

It takes time to program his skillset. That's not the same. Otherwise, OGP and Motor share the same vehicle mode in this game and should be considered the same bot.

Except for the fact that OGP and motormaster don't have the same special attacks! They also dont have the same animations that is very different from thundercracker and starscream which have the same special attacks and animations
  • Options

You would be very suprisesd my friend, by how much time it is, to make those 2 bot different
    Which is not the case for Starscream and Thundercracker

Like Bntyhntr3232_ said, it's a total different situation, they both share almost nothing in common, if it's not for the " base " Of the model. But that's it, the animations are different, one is carrying a sword, the other not. The texture are completely different, the special attacks too. Almost Everything

But on the other hand, Like I explained earlier, TC and SC share both so much in common, you can't objectively say that they are 2 completely different bot. Of course, their skill set is different, and thank god for that, Otherwise it's just a plain copy/paste. But yet, the skillset, and so, the scripting that's underneath is actually the only thing that differentiate them.
    Which is actually why I don't like him, because he's a " new bot " in disguise. No references intended.
  • Options
    Literally yhe only thing the same bewteen starscream and thundercracker is the animations of the specials. But if you dolts would remember, they are seekers. All the seekers are extremely similar that is why thundercracker is the way he is. Kabam has even stated as such.
  • Options
    Which means when we do get skywarp dirge and thrust. Dont except them to be completely different either
  • Options
    Literally yhe only thing the same bewteen starscream and thundercracker is the animations of the specials. But if you dolts would remember, they are seekers. All the seekers are extremely similar that is why thundercracker is the way he is. Kabam has even stated as such.

Again, it's not only the animation, the model is also the same.
    The texture is different indeed, but trust me, this kind of color swap don't take more than 1 day of work, if done by an experimented artist/professional, I know what I'm talking about, I'm also in video game creation. And if they did Starscream's texture the right way, no more than a few hours is needed to get that result on thundercracker.

What I'm pointing, is not the fact that they are both too similar, it's the fact that people consider him as a " new " bot when he's not one, technically.

And I know that he's part of the seekers family etc, but that doesn't prevent him for getting his own animation set ? Does he ?
    Creating Thundercracker the way they did is just a way to duplicate a bot, without too much concern on the aesthetic outcome. Which is really important here, because let's face it, more than half of people playing TFTF is for the franchise, the transformers themselves, and not because of the combat system, which I'm not criticizing here, it is a good combat system, but the vast majority of people still there, are here to see their favorite bot fighting, moving, swinging around things, and therefore >> Seeing good animations.

When you litteraly make the same kit of animation on a bot that is already very similar to another one, you are stripping away the only " thing " that could give you a feeling of different from all the other bots. It's not his skills, or his script that would feel you this way, it's his animation, because that's the part of the character, that give him his life. Copy/pasting it from another one is just doing a Starscream.2, but recoloring it and saying " yea but he's a seeker like him, so he doesn"t need to be too different, you know ? "
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I would say that thundercracker should have different special attacks based on his abilities...there are a lot of misclassed bots in this game...thundercracker is one of them

EDIT: and here's some food for thought ramjet is a seeker and he is different than starscream WELL WHAT HAPPENED THERE THAT THEY COULDN'T HAVE DONE FOR THUNDERCRACKER!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Options

The texture is different indeed, but trust me, this kind of color swap don't take more than 1 day of work, if done by an experimented artist/professional, I know what I'm talking about, I'm also in video game creation. And if they did Starscream's texture the right way, no more than a few hours is needed to get that result on thundercracker.

What I'm pointing, is not the fact that they are both too similar, it's the fact that people consider him as a " new " bot when he's not one, technically.

And I know that he's part of the seekers family etc, but that doesn't prevent him for getting his own animation set ? Does he ?
    Creating Thundercracker the way they did is just a way to duplicate a bot, without too much concern on the aesthetic outcome. Which is really important here, because let's face it, more than half of people playing TFTF is for the franchise, the transformers themselves, and not because of the combat system, which I'm not criticizing here, it is a good combat system, but the vast majority of people still there, are here to see their favorite bot fighting, moving, swinging around things, and therefore >> Seeing good animations.

When you litteraly make the same kit of animation on a bot that is already very similar to another one, you are stripping away the only " thing " that could give you a feeling of different from all the other bots. It's not his skills, or his script that would feel you this way, it's his animation, because that's the part of the character, that give him his life. Copy/pasting it from another one is just doing a Starscream.2, but recoloring it and saying " yea but he's a seeker like him, so he doesn"t need to be too different, you know ? "

Hes the same model because a seeker. You sure are dense. The seekers all have the same model.
  • Options

Hes the same model because a seeker. You sure are dense. The seekers all have the same model.

Reread that, my point is, even though the same model is a problem indeed, the animation is the major thing that was needed to be different. Because having same model can still be interpreted as " Both seeker " but having same animations can't be understand that way.
    Like how you did not understand at all what I said.
  • Options
    Bazzatron1979Bazzatron1979 Posts: 238
    I’d rather have Thundercracker as is rather than not have had him at all