Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cash only crystal bundle

TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Seriously Kabam?

You've done the same deal multiple times as energon. It was warmly received by the community. You actually did something good.

What possible reason is there to change it? So people who got the double energon deal can't use it? Force them to spend again? Some probably bought that deal with these bundles in mind.

Or maybe just to deny the people who have been saving their energon?

Either way.. this was a poor and senseless move for your player base.

Bad form Kabam, bad form.

I think you need to start treating your customers better.

I can't even believe you did this. Do you know no bounds, is there no limit to the lengths you will go to try and bleed extra money from your player base?

Comments

• ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Here come the crying posts about a offer that almost 75% off.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited June 2017
    Completely missing the point. They did this offer 3 times as energon. 0 reason to change it to cash instead of their ingame currency system.

What's the point of even having an ingame currency if they're going to circumvent it and force real money purchases for items instead.

Your math makes no sense btw.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    They are going to have different offers all the time some you may like some you may not like just like any business
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    I'm happy we actually got a great deal this time, thank you kabam, keep these bundles comin.
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    Great deal kabam need more like these
  • The Encore Crystal Bundle: $10

Other bundles were each for 1000 energon, meaning if you had 0 energon you would have to either buy a Megatron's Spoils Of War ($50) or a Bumblebee's Mark ($30) and Starscream's Embezzled Stores ($10). Or do arena enough times to have enough energon for the bundle.

So, if you really wanted the bundle, without grinding in the arena, would you rather spend $10, $40 or $50.
    Terminal wrote: »
    Completely missing the point. They did this offer 3 times as energon. 0 reason to change it to cash instead of their ingame currency system.

What's the point of even having an ingame currency if they're going to circumvent it and force real money purchases for items instead.

Your math makes no sense btw.
    I can see why some players would buy the double energon and hoard it for these deals, but with all that extra energon I would buy the in game items like mission energy or raid for 2 hours straight. Come on you have to admit this was a real good deal.
  • Striker80Striker80 Posts: 14
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    I can see why some players would buy the double energon and hoard it for these deals, but with all that extra energon I would buy the in game items like mission energy or raid for 2 hours straight. Come on you have to admit this was a real good deal.

For the guys that use energon only for special deal crystals and can get that energon without spending real money this is a really BAD deal. Something that was free now cost real money.

I know that the guys that can't get ranked is increasing but grinding for energon is still part of this game. Something like this shouldn't be fixed. The game has enough glitches without this bad thing.
    So admit this is a bad thing
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2017
    Striker80 wrote: »
    MaxBebop wrote: »

For the guys that use energon only for special deal crystals and can get that energon without spending real money this is a really BAD deal. Something that was free now cost real money.

I know that the guys that can't get ranked is increasing but grinding for energon is still part of this game. Something like this shouldn't be fixed. The game has enough glitches without this bad thing.
    So admit this is a bad thing

I think you are missing the point he is making.. there will be other energon based deals in the future, this is not the end of energon based offers. They offered it in straight energon twice, and now they are offering it for a huge discounted cash price once. Nothing wrong with that. F2p had more than one opportunity to grab these deals.

Look at the reverse argument. I bought energon so I can use it in alliance missions. I don't want to use the energon I just bought on crystal deals, I'd actually rather spend more real money to get them in this case, even though i may not feel like that every time. I welcome the offer.

So, it's a different perspective depending on the player.

Sorry I just don't see the offer as being a "bad thing".
  • Striker80Striker80 Posts: 14
    I understand his point but don't share it.

Energon is useless this way everything can be earned in game. Now you got a good deal but you can't use energon for it.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    This is a far better deal though. Save your energon. Maybe I should cry everytime it's a 1k energon deal cause it's not fair, they made a deal for the grinders and not the spenders.

Everything isn't for you, get over it.
    edited June 2017
    It's not about how good the deal is. It could be $1.

Comparing the actual cost to the energon cost of previous deals is a whole other issue entirely that could and should be argued, it's so completely warped it means they value energon at nothing and did the deals to try to drain what people have saved up instead or gotten for free instead of valuing it compared to the actual dollar value of buying energon.

However, my issue from the original post is: they created a precedent doing 10 packs for energon, then they do an energon sale, then they switch the 10 pack to real money. The ordering of these things is terrible. Don't steer players in one direction and then suddenly do a 180.

What's the point of an ingame currency system if they're going to avoid it and force real money purchases ALL THE TIME anyway.

Fix the in game currency if it's not working properly, it's senseless to have real money and energon purchases for THE EXACT SAME THING. It defeats the purpose of an ingame currency.

It's not about looking at this deal in a bubble and saying if it's good value or not (I'm not going to argue about that), it's about looking at everything that's happened up to this point as a whole.
  • TechTech Posts: 15
    These crystals has abysmal drop rates compared to premium's
  • 2Pocalypse2Pocalypse Posts: 39
    I had a teammate pull a 4* prowl. For $10 that's pretty decent.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Just got a 4* prowl from it.. And other alliance members getting 3*s..so we're not complaining. For 10 bucks you should be appreciative instead.
    Davien wrote: »
    Just got a 4* prowl from it.. And other alliance members getting 3*s..so we're not complaining. For 10 bucks you should be appreciative instead.

and other people only got 2*. The discussion is not about the value of the deal, you've missed the point entirely.

and don't forget the post someone made a few days ago about conversions and how bad things are in other stores $100 becomes $160 etc. Not everyone is in America getting the best rate.
    Some people will complain about anything can't please everyone
    can't please everyone and as long as you're pleased you must be right eh? Great discussion, thanks.

You're equally entitled to your opinion as I am, and you're not any more or less right than I am.

It's not cool to go 'buy with energon, buy with energon, double energon deal, oops now it's cash.' It's bad form. They could exponentially increase the number of pleased people, I'll dare say everyone, by allowing the use of energon. Why not? Oh because a percentage of the base didn't pay for their energon with money so no one should be able to access the deal without spending more money? right ok. Great logic.
  • XannenXannen Posts: 17
    Honestly you're right. With all the deals for energon and people buying up those deals, why not offer this deal to be procured with cash OR energon instead of just cash alone? I agree.. its pretty poor form, and seems out of order when you put up to buy energon so many times. Either prioritize the in game currency or not.
    Terminal wrote: »
    can't please everyone and as long as you're pleased you must be right eh? Great discussion, thanks.

You're equally entitled to your opinion as I am, and you're not any more or less right than I am.

It's not cool to go 'buy with energon, buy with energon, double energon deal, oops now it's cash.' It's bad form. They could exponentially increase the number of pleased people, I'll dare say everyone, by allowing the use of energon. Why not? Oh because a percentage of the base didn't pay for their energon with money so no one should be able to access the deal without spending more money? right ok. Great logic.

For a person that's "open minded" you sure get defensive when people don't agree with you.

You complain without offering solutions instead
    it's oh well sales have been this way should stay that way. Sales are just that you aren't going to get everyone like every deal, or need every deal there is a lot more than you playing game and by most the feedback majority pretty happy with the deal

And well as xannen offered up a real idea of offering it both ways, downside if both ways I'm guessing someone could buy both.
  • GrrGrr Posts: 24
    @Kabam, thank you for presenting us with an alternative to energon offer for purchasing crystals! Glad you're not sticking with a one size fits all methodology with your offers, hope to see more like this one in the future in addition to the energon offers you've already been presenting!
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    I'm failing to see why you're hating on this bundle deal. It gives people who aren't grinders a chance to win, by spending. If you don't want to spend $10, quit your whining, and start grinding. As for the majority, we don't mind spending $10 for probably the best deal so far.
    I don't know how to make it any clearer. It's not about the cost of the deal. It's not about the value of the deal. $10, $1 it doesn't matter. It doesn't event matter if people think it's a good deal and are happy with spending that much money, it's not the point at all, people are blindly being defensive because someone can actually see a problem with the deal and none of you talking about how great the deal is have gotten the point or addressed the actual concern I have raised.

There is a bigger issue here. What's the point of having an ingame currency to buy items and doing sales to get people to buy the currency and then not allow the use of the currency for purchasing items. Why should it not be $10 worth of energon?

What is the reason? Because they don't want grinders to get it for 'free'? How large a population is that versus people that spent on energon. What about the people that are supporting the game buying energon?

If a real money 10 pack is $10, why is an energon 10 pack 1000 energon? Does that mean the developers don't actually see a 10 pack as being worth 1000 energon if it's done with real money and it should only be used if the energon was obtained through a grind?

There is a plurality being created where 'real money' is giving better value than energon, but energon is also being promoted and being encouraged by the developers to be purchased with real money but it's not given the same value as not buying energon and spending directly.

People are expected to purchase energon at an inflated cost to cover the ability to grind energon, but if they don't grind and just buy they get massively disadvantaged to the extreme where it makes no sense to even buy energon and just wait for a cash sale. It completely defeats the purpose of having an ingame currency for sale.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Again... I put it very plainly above, but you keep arguing that everyone is focused on the value of the deal.

Bottom line is EVERY DEAL IS NOT FOR YOU. Precedence is one thing to argue, I suppose, but the reality is some deals are going to be for the grinders and some are for the spenders. The problem is, your perspective is warping your judgement. You are so convinced that grinding is good and spending is bad, that you can't even see past your nose.

Every time I see a deal that is just for energon, it sucks for me, because I'm not a massive grinder. It really is no different. You aren't looking at this from someone else's perspective. The ONLY argument you have here is that they set a precedence, but even that is a very shaky argument.

Separate argument -- why does it make more sense to you to spend a week grinding out 1000 energon to buy a deal vs going and mowing your neighbor's lawn for an hour and buying this $10 deal? I would COMPLETELY understand why you were fussing if it was 1000 energon one day and then $50 another day, but the direct value of the energon vs the cash cost makes this such a trivial thing to be complaining about.
    I'm curious, terminal how much time and grinding do you spend in game to earn 1000 energon? Can 1000 energon be obtained in game in a week?
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited June 2017
    I've spent 1500 crystals from the recent double energon sales on the encore crystals and got 2* dupes on all of them. Then opened another 5 more and finally got waspinator 3*. Do u see me opening a thread complaining on it? It costs me much more than the 10 bucks we just spent on this new offer. So again just let u know the perspective of the amount of money involved. Kabam is welcome to drop such offers again and if you hate it please don't buy them (and likely miss out on a good drop and offer) . The rest of us who knows and appreciate their value will buy them.
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Hope this case gets closed now. It's not a discussion, it's one person complaining because this deals not for him.
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    @Toughnut agreed.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Xannen wrote: »
    Honestly you're right. With all the deals for energon and people buying up those deals, why not offer this deal to be procured with cash OR energon instead of just cash alone? I agree.. its pretty poor form, and seems out of order when you put up to buy energon so many times. Either prioritize the in game currency or not.

This is a great solution to this "problem". Appease all players.

In fact, I think Kabam should think about putting every offer up in both cash and energon equivalents.

Players could have a choice, and they can only purchase a limit of one, but not both.

edited June 2017
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Again... I put it very plainly above, but you keep arguing that everyone is focused on the value of the deal.

Bottom line is EVERY DEAL IS NOT FOR YOU. Precedence is one thing to argue, I suppose, but the reality is some deals are going to be for the grinders and some are for the spenders. The problem is, your perspective is warping your judgement. You are so convinced that grinding is good and spending is bad, that you can't even see past your nose.

Every time I see a deal that is just for energon, it sucks for me, because I'm not a massive grinder. It really is no different. You aren't looking at this from someone else's perspective. The ONLY argument you have here is that they set a precedence, but even that is a very shaky argument.

Separate argument -- why does it make more sense to you to spend a week grinding out 1000 energon to buy a deal vs going and mowing your neighbor's lawn for an hour and buying this $10 deal? I would COMPLETELY understand why you were fussing if it was 1000 energon one day and then $50 another day, but the direct value of the energon vs the cash cost makes this such a trivial thing to be complaining about.

Sorry you've missed my point completely.

I've never said grinding is good, ANYWHERE. The complete OPPOSITE of what I've been saying.

Multiple times I've mentioned the PURCHASE of energon, NOT GRINDING.

Energon deals SHOULD NOT be designed for grinders, because the game is PROMOTING and ENCOURAGING people to BUY ENERGON. Grinders should not be the focus, are they the largest portion of the base? probably not. It's better to support the people buying their energon deals than trying to restrict grinders.

I said that energon deals are being INFLATED because of grinders and there's no value to BUY energon because of it.

Again, what is the point of an in-game currency that they promote people to buy with deals and then do cash deals instead with extremely much better value. People are paying cash for energon, why should it give supremely less stuff? Because of grinders? That is a terrible reason and means they need to fix inflation. Why should someone who bought energon get such a bad deal compared to using their cash for items instead of cash for energon? It's the same money. If grinding is forcing them to overinflate energon costs then the system should be redesigned. Use the currency system you've created or scrap it.

Energon is not a grinders currency, it's a real money currency you can buy. If I spend $10 on items or $10 on energon to buy items, I should get the same items. Why should someone be told 'sorry, because you spent $10 on energon but people can grind energon, your energon purchase is worthless and you need to purchase way more energon or grind to get the same thing as paying straight cash.

It has nothing to do with the deal 'being for me' or not and making assumptions about whether or not I bought it is absurd. Attacking the person instead of the argument. But case in point, I DID buy the deal, BUT there is a bigger issue at hand, people are failing to see that and think this is some complaint about not wanting to spend money, you're all sorely mistaken.

It's like people aren't even reading the words of the argument, they just see a keyword and get triggered.

The argument is simple.

Don't lead people to spend one way and then change it. Don't have a huge discrepancy between real money and energon (because energon can be purchased with real money, you can't treat it so differently. If people grinding for free is a problem fix it a different way).

That's all. The cost of the deal means nothing. If it's for me or not means nothing.