I need some base defense assistance

Hello everyone! I could use some help with base defense (as the title says) I'm about to get serious with defending my base (as I am pretty sure I'm about to get raided a lot with my current level) what I'm asking is:

Which bot to put where

Which mods to put on

Here are my base bots and my mods:
i42k3hdjteel.jpg
3kw63x8t9smn.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 2,757
    (The mods that are currently at the base are just random mods I've slapped on...ignore them)
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 740
    Stick prowl on emi module. His sig really benefits from not being tagged from ranged shots.

    Primal, I’d say exo filter, but some would disagree. Once his armour is broke, he’s done, so he needs a way to purify the breaks.

    UM, maybe security module, but again others would probably disagree.

    The rest are kinda open to whatever suits. Without the usual Rhinox/lgm, WJ/HA and robotronus combo’s, it doesn’t really matter much
  • BeastdadBeastdad Posts: 879
    Listen to the Canuck above, you really don't have an option for winning base defenses at this point.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 640
    edited May 24
    Guys, that’s what I am doing. My base is open 24/7 for grab. Only bunch rank 1 5* bots sitting there doing nothing other than generating gold.

    Btw, I beat 2k medal base easily
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,962
    I would say don't worry so much about your base defense now. Just build up your raid team. No matter how much work you put into it, you'll still get raided up the wazoo. I've seen someone's 70k base defeated by a teammate's B team (or was it C team).

    You generally get more raid chips from wins than you lose from defeats. Just out pace the losses with wins and you'll be good.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 436
    Here’s the thing about base defense... no matter how much you invest in it, you still are vulnerable to the most skilled of commanders.

    Exhibit A: my base...

    d3mdh5clgtdq.jpeg

    Generally I only defend my base successfully about 10% of the time. With that in mind, I set my base up for part making my raids miserable for beginners, part gold generation.

    For the defense, WJ/HA & Robotronus (Megatronus + RR) MUST be on the main path. They will drive certain raiders nuts.

    I also use only 4*/5* bots because of the high gold generation they provide.

    Also, relics can play a role in base defense. Put relics on your base that can provide extra gold/health/attack for base bots. And the cloaking field can mask certain parts of the base from being seen until you come up upon those bots.
  • BeastdadBeastdad Posts: 879
    Technobot wrote: »
    Generally I only defend my base successfully about 10% of the time. With that in mind, I set my base up for part making my raids miserable for beginners, part gold generation.

    If that is the case, get that Tantrum with repair module off your middle node.

    You'd be better served throwing primal and a 2* HA right there. (Unless you have the 4* HA)
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 1,984
    Ultra Magnus benefits from the emi module because it allows him to dodge the ranged shots and keep his melee armor buffs up. Makes for a long fight
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 436
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Technobot wrote: »
    Generally I only defend my base successfully about 10% of the time. With that in mind, I set my base up for part making my raids miserable for beginners, part gold generation.

    If that is the case, get that Tantrum with repair module off your middle node.

    You'd be better served throwing primal and a 2* HA right there. (Unless you have the 4* HA)

    I know... one problem... the repair module is actual my strongest module... a duped R3 4* mod. Ideally, it would make sense to pair it with Shockwave or Ratchet, but neither are max’d Out. So I may ultimately pair it with another of my 5* bots for gold purposes. I have a number of 4* Mods, but none of them are stronger than R2, and all my other mods on base D are max forged, duped, Max 3* Mods.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 420
    Don't waste too much resources on your defence. Focus on your bots to clear master missions. Really I've spent a lot on mods and it doesn't matter you are going to get smashed anyway. My base is rated about 40k if I have my best bots in . At the most it irritates the attackers.
    For me the most irritating parings are
    Megatronous 4 and 5* on power gain mods
    Nanojack on HA
    Cheetos on nightbirds mark
    Scorp on tech module
    Souped up Shockwave on HA
    Souped up Primal on HA
    but thats just me
  • PrfctcellrulzPrfctcellrulz Posts: 117
    Speaking of raids they need to fix the Revenge feature. I keep trying to revenge raid and I always get “Opponents unavailable”
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 436
    Speaking of raids they need to fix the Revenge feature. I keep trying to revenge raid and I always get “Opponents unavailable”

    I think the reason the Revenge Raid has that problem is because you can only be raided once in a set amount of time. Once you have been raided, you cannot be raided again for the duration of that time period... even by a Revenge Raid. With this current Knight Shard Raid event going on, it will be nearly impossible to Revenge Raid somebody back.

    That also explains why some people are running into Quintesson bases during raids right now. So many raids are happening that the Quintesson bases help fill the Raid demand.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,665
    Have to agree with you guys on this. Raids are basically created to be beaten. Literally the only thing you can do is put your best bots on to generate more gold
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 2,757
    Where should I put my 4 star mods?
  • BeastdadBeastdad Posts: 879
    Technobot wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Technobot wrote: »
    Generally I only defend my base successfully about 10% of the time. With that in mind, I set my base up for part making my raids miserable for beginners, part gold generation.

    If that is the case, get that Tantrum with repair module off your middle node.

    You'd be better served throwing primal and a 2* HA right there. (Unless you have the 4* HA)

    I know... one problem... the repair module is actual my strongest module... a duped R3 4* mod. Ideally, it would make sense to pair it with Shockwave or Ratchet, but neither are max’d Out. So I may ultimately pair it with another of my 5* bots for gold purposes. I have a number of 4* Mods, but none of them are stronger than R2, and all my other mods on base D are max forged, duped, Max 3* Mods.

    Even duped, it repair module is still your weakest mod. You want offensive mods whenever possible, HA and RR above all else, even if they are lower tier.

    Repair module does nothing but make your base Swiss cheese.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 436
    edited May 27
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Technobot wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Technobot wrote: »
    Generally I only defend my base successfully about 10% of the time. With that in mind, I set my base up for part making my raids miserable for beginners, part gold generation.

    If that is the case, get that Tantrum with repair module off your middle node.

    You'd be better served throwing primal and a 2* HA right there. (Unless you have the 4* HA)

    I know... one problem... the repair module is actual my strongest module... a duped R3 4* mod. Ideally, it would make sense to pair it with Shockwave or Ratchet, but neither are max’d Out. So I may ultimately pair it with another of my 5* bots for gold purposes. I have a number of 4* Mods, but none of them are stronger than R2, and all my other mods on base D are max forged, duped, Max 3* Mods.

    Even duped, it repair module is still your weakest mod. You want offensive mods whenever possible, HA and RR above all else, even if they are lower tier.

    Repair module does nothing but make your base Swiss cheese.

    OK, so given that, I made a change... Robotronus is now on the 2nd Joint Node (NJ/HA is on the first Joint Node) and now my duped 4* Nightbird’s Mark is on the Final Joint Node with My Max’d 4* Tantrum.
  • BeastdadBeastdad Posts: 879
    Technobot wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Technobot wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Technobot wrote: »
    Generally I only defend my base successfully about 10% of the time. With that in mind, I set my base up for part making my raids miserable for beginners, part gold generation.

    If that is the case, get that Tantrum with repair module off your middle node.

    You'd be better served throwing primal and a 2* HA right there. (Unless you have the 4* HA)

    I know... one problem... the repair module is actual my strongest module... a duped R3 4* mod. Ideally, it would make sense to pair it with Shockwave or Ratchet, but neither are max’d Out. So I may ultimately pair it with another of my 5* bots for gold purposes. I have a number of 4* Mods, but none of them are stronger than R2, and all my other mods on base D are max forged, duped, Max 3* Mods.

    Even duped, it repair module is still your weakest mod. You want offensive mods whenever possible, HA and RR above all else, even if they are lower tier.

    Repair module does nothing but make your base Swiss cheese.

    OK, so given that, I made a change... Robotronus is now on the 2nd Joint Node (NJ/HA is on the first Joint Node) and now my duped 4* Nightbird’s Mark is on the Final Joint Node with My Max’d 4* Tantrum.

    That gives you a better chance for sure.
  • Avacalhator_1Avacalhator_1 Posts: 100
    I don’t care to much about my base.
    I use to generate gold
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,683
    Even when my base is set up for two r5 5* bots (tronus and jetfire) and the rest r4 5* bots, with all 4* max rank mods, my base gets beaten easily.

    The only tricky fights that sometimes you just cannot do anything about are robotronus and scorptech. Nothing else will stop the majority of players
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 388
    My best piece of advice about base defence is : don't bother about your defence except
    1/ to reach the 40k achievement
    2/ to maximize your gold income
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 436
    I Just ran across a base with one of the most sadistic bot/mod pairings ever. I thought NJ/HA & Robotronus was bad. How about Tech Console & a Duped ROTF Megs? Holy crap, when All Hail Megatron activated, Megs went from 10% health to almost 90% in three seconds! That pairing plus Robotronus forced me to abandon a raid... something I almost never do.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,683
    Technobot wrote: »
    I Just ran across a base with one of the most sadistic bot/mod pairings ever. I thought NJ/HA & Robotronus was bad. How about Tech Console & a Duped ROTF Megs? Holy crap, when All Hail Megatron activated, Megs went from 10% health to almost 90% in three seconds! That pairing plus Robotronus forced me to abandon a raid... something I almost never do.

    surely that just means it takes twice as long to kill him? It's not like he is hard to fight
Sign In or Register to comment.