Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New game mode idea - guantlet

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
While I was hacking down at rotk primal. Took 10 min to take 40% of his hp.

I realized every bot in the game is so different, adding the mod will make the combination of fights to learn almost infinite. I am talking about 5k vs 200k bot where u almost can’t take more than 1 special hit.

So the idea is to have a guantlet with very hard bot or bots. But it is different from rotk in 2 aspect

1. It cost no energon or resources. Only cost time and skill. U can keep trying however long you want until u beat it. This will make the game more meaningful, since I will feel rewarded when I mastered fight against a particular mod/bot, while getting rewarded for doing so. The bot difficulty either is very difffcult and reward well, or is changeable and reward accordingly. It can be weekly, daily, or monthly

2. If it is one bot per week/day, it is good. If it is 10 bot per month in same path, the game will remember your last progress, so if you failed a bot, u can resume where u were, instead of having to beat all previous bot again, though your unfinished target bot will begin with full hp again. Also when u died and try again, your bot will also start with full hp.

Note, high level players feel this game boring for 3 reasons

A. If u already have a full team of maxed out 5*, u basically have nothing to do other than ranking up new bots, which maybe pointless to some..(should I rank up a hound? No)

B. If u skillful, u mastered master spotlight already u finish in 1 day when it comes out..

C. Rotk is one time event where u have to spend massive energons... it only makes u feel good maybe that one little day u beat it...

Comments

• 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited May 2019
    Also rotk cannot allow u to practice and learn fights. I can only practice primal. To practice on wasp, I need to beat all previous bots without energon many many many times...that’s why people just use energon to go through Wasp blaster.

That’s fine since business makes money. But for player it is impossible to practice on anything other than primal (ignore ruler or kaon)

So my idea is a sandbox mode that comes for free
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited May 2019
    This is quite a good idea actually, but we know ( for now at least, I'll no more make useless assumption ) that they already busy doing something else, so I think this idea is not gonna come to the game pretty soon
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    So you want a challenge that costs no resources, infinite restarts and comes with big rewards? Yeah, Kabam will get started on that right away 😂

Good to make suggestions but perhaps take a look at your suggestions from a few perspectives other than your own. A few questions you can ask yourself:

1. How does Kabam benefit from it?
    2. Is it possible the player gaps get widened due to it?
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I would like to see another cooperative aspect of the game (AM is the other). MCOC had or maybe has, dungeons where you pair up and try to get as far as you can in a certain amount of time. This would have one aspect of your suggestion, I think.
    JKL wrote: »
    So you want a challenge that costs no resources, infinite restarts and comes with big rewards? Yeah, Kabam will get started on that right away 😂

Good to make suggestions but perhaps take a look at your suggestions from a few perspectives other than your own. A few questions you can ask yourself:

1. How does Kabam benefit from it?
    2. Is it possible the player gaps get widened due to it?

That is exactly right. Business decisions are always driven by profit/player base growth.

My suggestion is more of a keep existing players entertained. It might not make business sense since old players that reach the point of beating master easily are the players that are least likely to spend...but it can ads some values to new players too, since players may evaluate money worthiness of a game based on how fun/varied game play is.

I would like to see another cooperative aspect of the game (AM is the other). MCOC had or maybe has, dungeons where you pair up and try to get as far as you can in a certain amount of time. This would have one aspect of your suggestion, I think.

Actually, since MCOC is so similar to this game, that adding new gameplay can easily translate to having it for both games with MCOC potentially making much more money
    Guys, I know why we don’t have a sandboxes mode.

Computer already beat best go player in the world by a far margin. Go has more combination or moves than number or atoms in universe.

Transformer game has very basic possible moves at any given time. Up down right left tap hold special123.

If a sandboxes mode was ever released. I could write a program to beat this game 100%.

Btw, deepmind already beat Starcraft pro players
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited May 2019
    Gauntlet mode is not quite a new idea. At no costs or resources; almost a fat zero chance of happening. Kabam needs to fix raid really before attempting to develop a new game mode.

I will digress here, but if you want a gauntlet match, you can probably go watch WWE or something. Just need to imagine them as bots.
    Gauntlet mode is not quite a new idea. At no costs or resources; almost a fat zero chance of happening. Kabam needs to fix raid really before attempting to develop a new game mode.

I will digress here, but if you want a gauntlet match, you can probably go watch WWE or something. Just need to imagine them as bots.

U have fascinating imagination. Why don’t u image yourself as a bot? Then again, why do u play this game if you think you are a bot yourself? Also u can beat up a tree if you want to master bot fighting skills
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited May 2019
    小龙女 wrote: »

U have fascinating imagination. Why don’t u image yourself as a bot? Then again, why do u play this game if you think you are a bot yourself? Also u can beat up a tree if you want to master bot fighting skills

You wonder why your posts sometimes get attacked. Just some friendly advice, don't go attacking everyone that disagrees with your ideas. It's a forum, everyone has a different opinion and yours is not always the right one.

Do as you like but it's going to be hard to have constructive forum discussions if you jump on someone every time you don't like what they say.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'm all for more game modes, especially now with whatever they have planned with Grimlock and DeLoreans