Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

200 failed attempts on primal

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
My skill level is pretty low, but have been improving on primal. I believe there is a theoretical general button pressing strategy (ignoring special bot abilities and mods, if the bot has power bar up, the particular strategy might/might not work.) I am still working on this and improving on my theories. Fighting based purely on intuition could be error prone. In difficult fight, 1 combo u are KO.

So given situation x, press y button, and it is guarentteed to work. I might be wrong

0. In general, always keep medium-far distance from your opponent.

0.1. Remember, try to keep your position diagonally from opponent, diagnol distance is farther than other positions, so you have farther distance to back out

0.2. If your reflex is fast enough, watch out for dark background color change, and block or move immediately, instead of keeping eye on bot to spot out his special. Color change is faster than animation.

2. If at short distance, press hit, backing out might take bullet hit

3. If at medium distance, back out immediately, and start shooting 1-2 times. If he rush u, he takes bullet and u hit back. If he sidestep or start shootings too, u back out. (Cuz he might shoot 1 more bullet than u do and follow up with combo)

3.1 if at slight more than medium distance, and he rushes in, side step. If you don’t have enough distance, and u side step, u will take hit

4. If at far distance, and your shooting path aligns with his position, hit 3 bullet, he will either shoot or block. If he blocks, you rush in full combo him. Even if he block, he takes heavy damage. (Position aligning is important, otherwise billet will miss and he will fight back)

4.1 If at far distance, and he keep moving and your shooting path keep changing alignment, side step too. If he rushes in, side step.

5. If at medium to far distance, and he was just knocked down, you immediately start shooting 2-3 bullets depending on distance. Most likely he will block, and you rush in full combo him. If he side step, side step or move away from him.

6. If at corner and short distance, and he was just knocked down, immediately rush in and full combo him again (rinox doesn’t work cuz his heavy can be missed and fighted back, but many bots will 100% work all the time)

Best attempt today, with a 5k megatron, he should be dead...with that same number of 200+ hit....

wswu5kh2sasu.png

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Detailed post. I like it
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    Was wrong image...
    an6unwe4blav.png
    edited May 2019
    Last note...

From what I tested, if you just side stepped, and he stand still, u have guarentted shooting position alignment. If he moved after u move, u have guarentted misalignment. Also if he was just knocked down, u also have guarenteed alignment (unless he moved before the bullet get to him, but since he moved he can’t shoot, so it is ok)

Also if you shoot bullet and he shoot too, try to keep shooting 1-2 more bullet than him...given enough distance he can’t counter back

If he start shooting first, side step, and shoot back. It is better than trying to outshoot him...
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I just fight intuitively and reactively
  • Boss monkey on steroids is all that comes to mind.

With every opponent, they have a pattern or behavior. We all should know how AI behaves. I usually like to keep my distance from him. Class advantage is not always an advantage and possibly may be better off using another brawler (e.g.: Motormaster) bot in this instance?

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Boss monkey on steroids is all that comes to mind.

With every opponent, they have a pattern or behavior. We all should know how AI behaves. I usually like to keep my distance from him. Class advantage is not always an advantage and possibly may be better off using another brawler (e.g.: Motormaster) bot in this instance?

Motormaster would die in an instant. You need to do constant damage to keep the jurassic mod from kicking in and because of his melee buff mod, MM wouldn't last two seconds.

The only real options are tacticians, being OG Prime unduped, OG Megatron (preferably duped), a high level Starscream with Ninja skills or possibly a high high level UM with Ninja skills, although I don't know if UM can deal the damage necessary. Can't imagine anyone beating Primal with any other bots, especially in one fight, and if they have, props to them.
    edited May 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I just fight intuitively and reactively

Yeah definitely some people might be smart or good enough that their mind recognize patterns intuitively.

I actually got primal down to 50% before, better than the picture, fighting intuitively. But I found it very inconsistent personally. Sometimes I dead at 90%...primal energy cost is basically free, but spotlight and AM is less forgiving.

I used to be impressed with iNighskies primal fight video. Now after these training, I actually generally do better than what he did in the video. (I am not saying I am more skilled, he is definitely more skilled than I am, but I am usually able to avoid mistakes he made with 200 practices)
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    GS Megatron
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Did you took ratchet with OG?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Seems like you're really studying the game and other people's videos. If you keep that up, you'll get him down in no time.

Like someone has said, if you have OG Megs duped (even a 4*), give that a go. It's fun the damage you will do.
    Slayer wrote: »
    Did you took ratchet with OG?

yes, but doesn’t do too much. Primal crit me 7000. Special 2 100-10, special 1, 100-60
    JKL wrote: »
    Seems like you're really studying the game and other people's videos. If you keep that up, you'll get him down in no time.

Like someone has said, if you have OG Megs duped (even a 4*), give that a go. It's fun the damage you will do.

Yeah I am definitely ranking up 5* megatron next :D
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    小龙女 wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »

Yeah I am definitely ranking up 5* megatron next :D

Definitely, if you have him duped.
    Are you trying to improve your skills and see if anyone has a better way with fighting the primal?

No, I could have beaten him if I had an megatron at same rating.

I was formulating general fighting technique to see if anyone maybe correcting it or suggesting other techniques I am not aware
    edited June 2019
    I don’t believe you could do better with other bots and yes there’re other techniques.
    First of all, you have to practice in arena. Arena streak 19 is not good. In each game mode the enemy has specific speed. The only way for us to improve our skills at anytime is in arena. After streak 19 it will switch from hard to easy mode if your bots are ranked enough. With each additional streak the opponent bot speed will be increased. By streak 40-50 is there you really get good practice. Second do more raids. More medals you get, harder bases you raid. I love raids and they are good practice as well.
    If you would like more info, please post your offense mastery picture. What’s your average combo count on that primal? How often do you avoid his SP instead of blocking it. What device do you use? And if you have video of your fight with primal would help too.

ukau4hi494wo.png

Thanks for help, let me know what’s best mastery. I am considering glass cannon and star seaker

Also if u can share some fighting technique would be great

I dodge (not block) monkey’s special 1/2 basically >90% of time. I know u can block as well. (Adds armour), but that does hurt hp a littlle. I dodge all the time except when I am stressed out

Combo count is 50-100, very occasionally 150

I keep him under 5 stack at all time except beginning.

The problem is over long fight (need 20 min to finish him with 4.5k og) I loose focus and stress out. The lower his hp, the more nervous I become, and I start making mistakes. That’s why I am trying to consciously set up some fighting rules I can follow over long fights
    @StreetFighter
    Old video
    https://youtu.be/fsSJOCKwh0w

Latest attempt
    https://youtu.be/orOUO-pGC9o

I don’t have video for my best 50% one
    @StreetFighter thanks man appreciate for help.

I am on iPhone 7. Normally when my batter is over 40% and cool, it runs smoothly. Then it just runs very hot and slow...

I guess it is time for the next iPhone in sept...
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    With any sort of long fights, it's best to save your power for S2 as while S1 is good, S2 out damages it by a large margin, especially if you Crit on the last hit. Moreover, if your combo meter continuously goes up, your armour breaks last longer when you use an S2, allowing you to output more damage.

To anticipate Primal's S1, if you see him being extra dodgy, and slowly moving closer to you, it means the AI is trying to catch you off guard when you backed into the wall. At that point play defensive, or catch the AI with a heavy to create distance and reset the fight.
    that1guy wrote: »
    S2 out damages it by a large margin
    That’s news to me! I always imagined 2 special 1 damage roughly equals 1 special 2, and maybe more.
    that1guy wrote: »
    To anticipate Primal's S1, if you see him being extra dodgy, and slowly moving closer to you, it means the AI is trying to catch you off guard when you backed into the wall. At that point play defensive, or catch the AI with a heavy to create distance and reset the fight.

Awesome observation, hard part is always managing to reset fight.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited June 2019
    Every special attack differs in damage and utility with each bot, so always take note of it. Sometimes a certain bot's S1 is better used than an S2 in a given situation.

Another thing to note is when you see a bot walking towards you, there's usually a certain distance that will trigger the AI to use it's special if the first hit of that special is a ranged attack. It's about half a screen of distance between you and the enemy that the AI will the special attack.

This is true for all bots under the control of the AI, including primal's S1.
    edited June 2019
    I personally haven’t been playing the game for almost a year. 3 days ago I check it out and notice amazing changes in fights, so it got me interested. These changes are new to me and I still not familiar with new bots and their sp. We must know how to avoid SP of every bot, because blocking does damage. Especially now since game focused more on damage and enemies SP are more dangerous. The healers are usually don’t remove SP. Plus they usually not very good in damage. So, we must improve our fights and use different type bots then we used to use. I prefer right now Mirage from SP removers like Prowl, Barracate(my fav scout) and Shockwave. Many players called Mirage as ”God”, because he is amazing) Plus Im looking for new way to fight which is equally safe and damaging with minimum risk. Im not in a rush, so I can enjoy the process) But I definitely can add good input to yours and Im glad we have another player input already. You looked like organize person and maybe by the end of this discussion you can put all pieces together and make a nice tutorial for others)

Yeah man. iNightSkies has mirage as second highest rating bot. Definitely worth 4/5 rank at least.

I noticed in his primal fight, there were multiple occasions the AI could have hit him with special 2, but just didn’t fire. I am guessing that AI has improved/changed over time.

The only special I have trouble with is wasp special 1, megatronus, blaster and prowl. I don’t even try. I just always bait and ready to block.
    @StreetFighter thanks man appreciate it :)
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    This Thread is really helpful. Thanks to all of you lovely people posting here!
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Mirage is a great example of sp1 being more useful, in this case a long fight with primal. His sp1 power drain on basic ranged along with 100% armour penetration on basic ranged means it’s very easy to keep primal subdued while you build to sp3 them build melee buffs.

Mirage is very effective and has some of the best utility in the game without doubt
    I forgot important factor which you probably know. If you hit SP without doing a combo first, the enemy has priority over you and enemy will use sp instead of you, if it’s available. Also I notice changes that some even maybe have priority to attack you. Basically use combo before SP and try to use combo of 5, so you sequencer master will trigger to increase SP damage.

Almost felt like an AI hack, no wonder every time u press special, and AI would come before u
    edited June 2019
    Mirage is a great example of sp1 being more useful, in this case a long fight with primal. His sp1 power drain on basic ranged along with 100% armour penetration on basic ranged means it’s very easy to keep primal subdued while you build to sp3 them build melee buffs.

Mirage is very effective and has some of the best utility in the game without doubt

I used to think wheeljack is best but looks like offensively mirage maybe better choice (op team)